PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

Blondie
September 16th, 2015, 07:00 AM

Happy Wednesday, Folksies!

Today I will do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Well, maybe some Netflix while I sit and stitch. I think I will call today my Pajama Coffee Cookie day. I will not answer the phone. Once I get sign off here in the mornings I sometimes drool at Pinterest, watch some Youtubes, occasionally FB but all in all, I close the door to this room and forget about computering. It is safer for me that way. If I allowed myself more computer time I would never get a thing accomplished.

This week the weather has been just perfect. Lovely cool Fall weather in the mornings and evenings and just warm enough in the day that if I am careful, I won't break a sweat walking. Not quite sweater weather - yet. Grooving on the low humidity. Last evening after dinner I walked up The Hill to my Sister's house. Normally I drive because this winding road although it's out in the county, has loads of cars that consider it Thunder Road. I won't make that mistake again. Not because of the cars, rather the two biddies that live side by side across from my Sister. Nosey does not begin to describe them. Somehow I feel so uncharitable concerning them. I have known them all my life and they have always been old. And busybodies. When I say biddies, I always think of the movie The Music Man with the Cheep Cheep Cheep Song. I was ready to start singing Good Nite ladies. Both are widows and I do have compassion for them there. But Lawd Have Mercy, a handwave would be fine. It's the country ladies. Everyone waves, it is NOT an invitation to land next to me like 2 buzzards. I won't give you the particulars but I did feel as if I was road kill. After a brief visit with Sis, BIL gave me a ride home. Balzac!

So today will be my Pajama Coffee Cookie Day. Let it begin. Smile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvhFs2bdRpE

Carol336
September 16th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Good morning Blondie and all who follow. A Pajama Coffee Cookie day sounds so heavenly.....but I'm trying my darndest to stay within my alloted WW points plus for the day and those cookies aren't going to fare so well - LOL....mind you I didn't say they wouldn't taste yummy!!!! Have a great day and eat a few for me please Blondie

I'm hard at work on my first quilt. Doing the Disappearing Hourglass....so far so good. I have about half of my blocks done...some better than others, one completely turned around, but heck - I aint gonna take that thing apart now....just gonna make a couple more like it and mix them up in the quilt....or since I'm making this for a wall hanging, I might just put the one in a bottom corner where it might not show. Opinions????

Like you Blondie, I'm loving the cool mornings and evenings...I might even try to get a walk in this day.

Happy quilting everyone

Cathy F
September 16th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Morning all,
As much as I enjoy getting away for a few days I'm always glad to get home and sleep in my own bed, it's where I sleep best. Don't know if it's just me or if anyone else feels the same after vacations.
Up early this morning as the Mason should be here by eight to do our front steps. Don't want to scare him away with my "just out of bed morning look" since I've been waiting a while to get this work done.
I moved the embroidery machine downstairs to the dining room table cause it was too hot to sew upstairs. Well, it seems to be multiplying all over so I think it's time to take the mess back up where it belongs. Hope to get that done today but who knows what will catch my eye and lead me astray!
Off to get caffeinated, blessings and hugs to those who need a few extra today.

Monique
September 16th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Good morning. Just a quick hello. I have to work again today. Knees are terribly sore.

Have a great day friends.

mischiefkat
September 16th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Good Morning All,
Sure wish I could say fall is in the air here. Still hot and humid with more rain today. Probably be January before we have cooler weather. Arm is getting better day by day, but still can't sew. So I spend my days purging unwanteds. Today,I will finish getting rid of all those recipes that sound so good,but you never try. Maybe try Micheals....look at their fall decorations. everybody have a Good day. Kathy

Lori63
September 16th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Blondie, thanks for the video. I had forgotten how much I loved that movie!
Worked the last two nights on burpies and bibs for DD1's baby due in December. It's so nice to see her interested in sewing. Well, I'm not sure how interested she is in the actual sewing part, but she would much rather have things made from the heart than things simply purchased. She has a whole list of things she wants to make for the baby! I think we'll be busy till he's born!

So excited, the Forum Retreat is one week away and I'm no where near ready...see the above paragraph for why! LOL. I'm off work Friday and hope to get everything ready then.

Have a wonderful day!

EnumclawGramma
September 16th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Good Morning! Blondie I love your idea, Pajama,Coffee, Cookie Day! I would be so on board but it's my day with the Grands, and a batch of cookies has been requested! These kiddos love Gramma's cookies, so much fun. I spent yesterday in my jammies though. I did a couple hours of sewing and then got this yucky headache and sick stomach. I wound up laying in bed the duration of the day. Hoping for a better day today, I have too much to do.

This morning on FB my DIL posted that her professor has cancer. Tonsil cancer. Is it just me or is this disease seriously on the increase? How many people have you heard of with tonsil cancer? For me....up until the last two years....NONE. Now I know 3. And it's not because I'm getting OLD. One of these people is young. Like, under 40 young. What is up with this? I don't know.....

Ok, that's enough of that! I'm going to go get my coffee, watch a little news, read a little more here and get busy. I hope you all have a great day, do something that makes you happy. Hugs and Prayers for all in need.....

Bubby
September 16th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Morning Everyone,

Jeff just left for work and the Girls have calmed down after a frog hunt in the dark. After finding a copiperhead in our yard Sunday I'm not crazy about the Girls being outdoors in the dark. Before long the snakes will hibernate and it will be safer for the Girls to explore. We also had a huge snapping turtle in our yard last week but he was just passing through. Yes, we live in Wild Kingdom. It's hunting season right now and everything is moving.

Monique, I hope your knees feel better soon. Libby, have a great day with your Grands. Hope you feel better than yesterday.

I got up early this morning to do some ripping on a quilt I thought I was making. I discovered that the pre-cut strips aren't accurate, so I'm frogging the whole thing otherwise everything will be a mess later. This is an off-and-on project done about an hour at a time. I got some gorgeous Christmas fabric yesterday and can't wait to start making some runners for gifties.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

songbird857
September 16th, 2015, 09:03 AM
GOOD MORNING!
Ohhhh.... Pajama Coffee Cookie Day sounds heavenly :) and I do love The Music Man (cheep cheep cheep talk a lot pick a little more...).
I've been in and out of the forum this week - busy driving my DD to school and other things. Her driving is getting so much better, and she is more confident. I do believe she'll be ready for the highway soon (we have a small connecter highway which is much less busy than the main one here - a good place to start)!
She is doing well in her classes, and likes her professors - yay! Her math is online, which is what she should have done the first go round. When she took it in the classroom, she would miss one thing the prof said and she'd be lost. With this, she can back up any lesson videos, and she knows immediately if she is doing the problems correctly - and she gets more than one chance on the homework problems! Much better than waiting two days to hand in the work, only to find out two days after that that it has not been done correctly... much better this way :)
My older DD has moved out - rooming with some friends in a nice house in a rural area (can I come too??). God has worked it out so she is back in school as well, finishing up her associates. God is good, as it was up in the air until two days ago - believe me, I've been praying! DD is starting to spread her wings and mature - I love it!
Today I will be cutting out my Swoon 'Pearl' pattern (Bubba made me do it...), as well as sewing some more of my quilt top together. I do need to get some more SF101, but that will wait til tomorrow, when my 60% coupon at J*'s is good - makes it $2.20/yd - oh yeah.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

TMP
September 16th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Oh Blondie I know about busy bodies. I have one that lives next to me. I'm sure she means well but she is something else.
Was bringing in groceries and I got side tracked by something and didn't get them all in . The phone rings and she says she has shut my car door cause I left it opened. I can't leave the garage door open she will shut it for me. Once she ask me who that young man was at my house . Was it my son ?( yep it was my son). DH says why didn't you tell her it was your boyfriend. I could go on and on. I guess watching my going and comings is entertainment to her who knows
The weather is so nice here and I am stuck in the house painting. They finished the bathrooms last week and I am painting the rest of the house myself. I am working in the master bedroom. I can't wait to get back to sewing, hopefully with a little help from DH I will finish this week or at least get to a stopping point.
I need that second cup of coffee bad this morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Ginny B
September 16th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Good Morning everyone. Another nice day here. Busy busy busy at work but that makes the workday move at a good pace.
I certainly hear you about spending time on the computer Blondie. I can get so involved that hours go by and then poof, I haven't accomplished anything.

My dil finally got her NCW and she loves it. I made it with Minnie Mouse material because she loves anything Disney and I saw Jean's made out of that material and knew I had to make it for Ana. My son said when she opened it, she cried. She assures me they were tears of joy. She posted a picture of it and then called me back to say that people have contacted her and asked if I'd make them one. :)

The rest of the week I will be finishing up some burp cloths and receiving blankets for my step-daughter's Sprinkle on Sunday. But right now, it's time to get ready to go to work. Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

aliaslaceygreen
September 16th, 2015, 09:15 AM
OMG!! I LOL'ed when I got to Balzac!!!

Blondie, you make me laugh! And you are right, I need to go back to the days of paying hourly on the internet. lol
I would love to declare today coffee and pajama day, too. Maybe tomorrow. Today I have to go to work with what I WILL CALL ALLERGIES, do you hear? ALLERGIES. Not a late summer cold, that always turns bronchial. I have a wedding to shoot Saturday, and on next Wed we are leaving for Florida for a few days, so it is ALLERGIES!!!!

Have a good day, all!!
((( hugs)))

Sandy Navas
September 16th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I come here for a good laugh and to catch up with what everyone has going for them.

Today I need to share. I grew up out in the country on a very small farm. About a quarter mile from us, up on the hill, lived two 'old maid' sisters and their bachelor brother (can you even get away with saying old maid any more??). Li'l Sis and I loved to visit with them because they made the most perfect sugar cookies. I remember one day going for a visit and Mom was with us. They answered the door with a "How did you get up here?" Mom told them we just walked. They were totally put out - they had been sitting in the living room with their binoculars, watching everything that was going on at our house . . . how could we get by without them seeing us.

I could tell other exciting neighbor stories but that will do for the day.

Hoping everyone has nothing less than good times. Sending special prayers to the folks out in Utah who were caught up in flash floods. Keeping fingers, toes and nasal hairs crossed - repeat visit from potential house buyers today . . . don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

ceiliam
September 16th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Good morning all, having flash floods here 3 people died in Zion national park and 9 died in small town around here and 1 missing. Makes one appreciate life.
Not much going on here, sister comming home today works 7 on 7 off. Works in Salt Lake. Then comes home for week off. Going soup and cookies (her request). I try to do this on day comes home to make her life easier.

Blondie don't have nosey neighbors afraid I would not be as kind as you.
Hope all have a great day Prayers hugs and good thoughts to those who need them and to those who don't think they do. Cecelia

GrammaBabs
September 16th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Prayers and positive vibes Sandy...
All enjoy the day!!! I love you guys!!!! (as my friend MJ always says) and whose house i'm off too for coffee in a bit...
She will be modeling her black jumpsuit for our 50th reunion... She conned my into what i call a Chiquita Banna Girl outfit which i have to add "cap sleeves" to... ugh... but heck, it's only once every 50 years....LOL

Carrie J
September 16th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Blondie, laughing here on the busy bodies.......! I think we've all had one current or past! Our's is the guy next door. We affectionately call him, "Telephone, Telegraph, Tell Justin"........he's better than the local news rag, and sometimes a heckuva lot more accurate sometimes!
Cathy, if you have coffee and some strudel, or a snack, that mason will be a happy camper, LOL! Construction and coffee go hand in hand! Oh and LET LOOSE THE SQUIRRELS! LOL!
Sandy, sending you major super dooper sell vibes!!!! Nose hairs?!?!?! ROFLMBO! You so ain't right!

Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them!

Grandma Nan
September 16th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Oh Babs, I mean Chiquita, we need pictures. Sounds fun.

Sandy, positive thoughts going for a positive visit.

Monique I am having sympathy pain in my legs and knees for you. Too much standing yesterday. I can't wait to finally see the chronic pain doctor in October. I have been waiting for 18 months for my appointment so it is almost time.
I need to make zucchini bread but not sure if I should do it today or not. The applesauce did my legs in yesterday.

So far today I slept in til 9. Just finished my first cuppa, still in PJ's. Just need cookies from somewhere and I would be having a Blondie day. Oh how appealing this is but have to get my things organized for Missouri next week. Can't believe I can say that- next week!!

Hope everyone has a great day. Netflix sounds fabulous.

Hugs to everyone who needs one
Nan

SuzyQue
September 16th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Still in a blur from sewing too many woodland creature fabrics for the new grand to be. I am off to long arm guild today....fun....but often overwhelming. Those ladies keep blowing my mind and making me stretch in so many ways! I always learn a ton and come home either inspired or depressed that I will never be that good!

Angelia
September 16th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Wow, Nan--18 months!

Good day to all--enjoy your Wednesday.

irishrn
September 16th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Good afternoon all! Have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Hope all goes well for your day ahead!

My morning was pre-booked with the sofa delivery men! Delivery time was 7-11am and so I was up at 6 to be dressed and not scare them!! They arrived at 830 and were gone in 15 mins!!
As expected DH was not happy. We didn't need a new couch. This one is too big! It looks like the same color as the old one ( says the totally colorblind man!!). No the other was burgundy and this is copper...... I can understand his confusion but wouldn't let him know it!!! Casey loves the chaise. He parks himself on the end and just curls up!!
It gave me time to steam clean the living room area rug under the coffee table ( actually needed to prevent DH's spills from getting on the new hardwoods!) And the area rug on the porch! Now if I could just get the one out from under the dining room table I'd be all done!!
Spent yesterday in a top to bottom bathroom fall cleaning. Only thing left is the lights over the sink and shower, but I need new bulbs first! Will get them tomorrow after my DR Appt!!
Managed to get a lot done these past few days so I'm well into the fall cleaning. Upstairs is a whole other story but I'm concentrating on one floor at a time!! Plus it will be so much easier when it's cooler up there!!!
Then maybe I'll be able to get more sewing in. I finished hashtag top and started plus sign top. Then both can be quilted and sent on their way. These babies will be walking by the time I'm done!!!

Loving this cooler weather!! Eyes are OK, finish eye drops this Friday. Fibromyalgia is not acting up so I feel like I can accomplish something, and I'm sleeping better!!! What's not to love!

So best of luck to Sandy! Blondie... I hope you enjoy your day!!! Trish.... Yes they are ALLERGIES!!!!
And hugs to all who need them!!!

Monique
September 16th, 2015, 04:59 PM
I was asked one day if I was digging a hole (I was) and replied "I need somewhere to hide the bodies".