PDA

View Full Version : Night owl gives a hoot!

Lightwriter
September 16th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Hope all is well in the forest. I had a sew a thon yesterday! The FMQ is going so SLOW. The more I work on it, the more I realize I just don't enjoy the FMQ...it just hurts my shoulders too bad. I will either have to figure out quilt as you go, how to quilt on embroidery machine or send it out to LAQ. It is just so much hassle to send it out and expensive to boot.

Worked on the applique of the Row x Row when resting my shoulders. Ella B has a right pretty applique blanket stitch...found that out since Nick is busy with the FMQ. I do ok with the larger pieces, just hope I can manage some of the small stuff in some of the rows. Had no idea some of the rows would be so fiddly. One row has a Bargello background, have never done Bargello before. Tempted to just cut it in gentle curves and applique it......at one point I just sat there and contemplated just scrapping the whole project...if it gets finished, trust me it will just be representative of the patterns, not exact. Never realized how poor I am at following directions exactly...usually I don't go right by a pattern...I always have to change it and improvise. I guess I am just a rebel.

Cooler here today. Hope all the owls have a superb Wednesday!

sewlucky
September 16th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Oh Connie, lol! You are a rebel, and that's ok! It's your quilt :). I can't wait to see your row by row quilt done!

I had a better day today, just tired, no headache! I did a few rows of knitting and some school readings tonight. It rained pretty much all day here and I think we are in for more of the same tomorrow. I'm looking forward to my son and daughter in law getting into their condo next week. We can get the youngest moved down to the basement bedroom and finally get some real routine going here. I'm sharing my sewing space with hubby and his printers and when he's in their printing it crowds my cutting area, not to mention there is a good bit of heat off the printers when they are running (melting the plastic filament). But really, sewing just takes a different kind of brain space than the mindless knitting. I'm nearly used to taking the bus to school now! I'm sure it will be a rude new awakening when it's blowing and snowing :(

Night all. Rest well!
Terri

Jean Sewing Machine
September 16th, 2015, 03:20 AM
Joining the night owls tonight! I couldn't sleep so I went to the sewing room to wear myself down! I had made two fabric covered rope bowls earlier in the day! They are so much fun to make, I had a short piece of rope left and an ugly jelly roll I was willing to sacrifice. That rope was just calling my name! It turned out darling. Then I used the rest of the 20 piece jelly roll to make the body of an improv tote. I'll finish that later today!

Have a good night!

sewlucky
September 16th, 2015, 03:21 AM
I was thinking you are up late tonight Jean!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 16th, 2015, 03:22 AM
I was thinking you are up late tonight Jean!usually I fall asleep on the couch early, and wake up around 1, stay up til 3. Today I just skipped the sleep part!

sewlucky
September 16th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Lol! I understand that! With school now I have to get up and function for a good part of the day. I've been home and not working for nearly two years, it makes this routine stuff difficult. I like staying up late and sleeping in!

bubba
September 16th, 2015, 03:29 AM
I actually made three garters today...one for the boot (jewelry), one for the thigh (to keep) and another for the thigh (to throw). Well, I'm not happy w/the throwing one and tomorrow morning I will get up and make a different one. After that, I will take them down to the County-City Building to hand them and the flower girl dress over to a deputy who will deliver them for me tomorrow afternoon.

The mom has seen everything in pictures, I hope she likes them in person. The flower girl has not tried on the dress so we have no clue if it even fits!!! I told her an easy way to shorten it if she has to......hopefully she won't.

We remembered to try the ice cream I made the other night. DELICIOUS!!!! Here is the recipe.......one can sweetened condensed milk and a pint of whipping cream. Whip on high for four minutes. I added vanilla, mix it in and put it in the freezer. Very creamy!

Hulamoon
September 16th, 2015, 03:40 AM
Connie there are so many cool designs without fmg. Have you seen this site?

Petit Design Co: 31 Days of Walking Foot Quilting (http://blog.petitdesignco.com/2012/10/31-days-of-walking-foot-quilting.html)