PDA

View Full Version : Awake and Hooting: The Night Owls @,@

kimsophia
September 15th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Hooooo hooooot! Yay, I'm awake! How are you? Hoot out a hello! :)

toggpine
September 15th, 2015, 01:37 AM
I'm checking in before heading off to the nest.

Yes! We are going to take some of our goats to the State Fair. Mostly just this years kids. Fall arrived and the milkers pretty much shut off the supply lines. One of our does has popped up with hives! How did she know I was thinking about taking her. (She doesn't like to go.) I'm taking a few this week for an Urban Farm display and the bigger selection will go next Wednesday.

The Urban Farm project is designed to give potential hobby farmers / homesteaders a clearer idea of they types of animals that would be successful on 5 acres or less. We are trying to have as many of the breeds represented in one location as possible. It worked really well last year, but we didn't know if they would offer it again this year. Nothing like pulling it together at the last minute!

Happy Hooting to my quilty friends!
Cathy

bubba
September 15th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Here I am....watching Dancing with Stars. Last night at this time I was watching Miss America. A gal we know from high school is involved with the Washington State chapter and ten minutes into the show, she posted the winner!!!! I let her know she was rude to do so. Do things like that irk others?? It really irritates me!

MM is off to work. I made another wristlet today. I am really enjoying the pattern a lot! The first time thru was not so great, and I had to fix things on it this morning before I could be happy with it. The second time thru, it was a breeze! I think I like it as well as the NCW pattern!

Lori63
September 15th, 2015, 01:55 AM
Can't believe I'm still up, DD1 wanted to make burp cloths tonight. Her baby is due in December. We got quite a few done, but she wants more so tomorrow after work I will pick up more fabric. We are going to embroider on some also. Plus make a couple changing pads and receiving blankets.

5am is going to come way too early tomorrow

Simply Quilting
September 15th, 2015, 02:34 AM
I'm waiting for a load of laundry to get done so I can hang it up inside to dry. Lots of laundry was done today - beds stripped down, washed and remade, and several other loads of laundry. I worked on cutting out pieces for a NCW. Jean's videos have came in very handy. Besides buying the pattern, I bought the templates and I am sure glad that I did. The templates have made it so much faster to cut out.

Have a great night everyone :)

bubba
September 15th, 2015, 03:29 AM
I was lucky this past weekend. Some gal who bought the templates but never used them (still has all the papers attached) decided after the mini she was not going to make anymore. I got the large set for $30 to include the shipping!! Passed on the small set because I doubt I'll ever make another of those!

Hulamoon
September 15th, 2015, 03:43 AM
I'm going to sit down and watch DWS. I don't really know who's on it except Paula Deen and the dd of Steve Irwin.

Going to make pee-pee tee-pees in the morning and drop them off to dd. She said she got sprayed already. That little thing? lol

Andrea F
September 15th, 2015, 04:04 AM
Good morning owls, I'm still alive but very tired. Sitting in front of my first coffee and hoping the caffeine kicks in really quickly. I'm working around the clock at the moment to get that darn book chapter writing job done. I must get it done until tomorrow night because we're going on vacation Thursday morning. I will still have to take my computer with me in case there is major editing to do. We'll be back on October, 1st and the deadline for the book to be ready for printing is mid October already. What the heck was I thinking to commit to that??? There won't even be my name on that chapter and if I can use it for my cv is questionable... I wish someone had talked me out of it before I said yes!
Other than that, nothing is happening here. I'm doing laundry and have to pack the suitcases, probably tomorrow.

Pat, I like your Pearls. I have the pattern cut out and lying right next to the pattern for Nora. Haven't touched my sewing machine since I finished the Urban Messenger Bag and I'm getting very cranky here.

Anyway, if there is wifi in the hotel in Turkey, which I assume will be, I'm going to catch up here. The hotel we stayed at last year had wifi around the pool. Wouldn't that be fun, chatting with you guys while being at the pool? :D

Jean Sewing Machine
September 15th, 2015, 05:32 AM
Good morning owls, I'm still alive but very tired. Sitting in front of my first coffee and hoping the caffeine kicks in really quickly. I'm working around the clock at the moment to get that darn book chapter writing job done. I must get it done until tomorrow night because we're going on vacation Thursday morning. I will still have to take my computer with me in case there is major editing to do. We'll be back on October, 1st and the deadline for the book to be ready for printing is mid October already. What the heck was I thinking to commit to that??? There won't even be my name on that chapter and if I can use it for my cv is questionable... I wish someone had talked me out of it before I said yes!
Other than that, nothing is happening here. I'm doing laundry and have to pack the suitcases, probably tomorrow.

Pat, I like your Pearls. I have the pattern cut out and lying right next to the pattern for Nora. Haven't touched my sewing machine since I finished the Urban Messenger Bag and I'm getting very cranky here.

Anyway, if there is wifi in the hotel in Turkey, which I assume will be, I'm going to catch up here. The hotel we stayed at last year had wifi around the pool. Wouldn't that be fun, chatting with you guys while being at the pool? :D
Have a great vacation!

Grandma Nan
September 15th, 2015, 07:17 AM
I finally just got up out of bed. Can't sleep tonight. There is nothing bothering me, just not sleepy. I was buzzing around last night trying to put together things for the Retreat and organizing what I'm bringing to work on. As usual, I always over estimate what I can get done in 4 days especially with all the other activities going on. I think my head was still organizing and kept me awake.

I have a busy day today so by bedtime tonight I will be ready to crash I think. Its Tuesday so making heart pillows, then going to my dad's in the afternoon to make yet more applesauce and then to guild tonight. So I will leave the house around 9 this morning and not get back til about 9:30 tonight.

Andrea have a great holiday. Hope the writing goes well today.

Cathy hope those little goats cooperate for you to go to the fair.

Nan

sewlucky
September 15th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I am at school already and it's not 8am yet (my class starts then). I am not an early morning girl! I'm enjoying my classes so far! Yesterday I woke up before 5am with a massive migraine. Used an ice pack for a couple hours which helped a lot and then got up and took meds. Managed to get it under control by mid morning but was back to before supper. Just tired today so far.

I'm knitting a mindless but really awesome throw using up the balls of chunky yarn I bought for hat and mitts projects last winter. It is heavy and soft. Going to be great! I hope to get back to work on my Row by Row quilt this week too.

Terri

bubba
September 15th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Andrea, have a great vacation!!! You will love sewing Pearl.....as long as you follow the directions, which I kind of didn't the first time thru!!!!

sewlucky
September 16th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Andrea, have a great vacation!!! You will love sewing Pearl.....as long as you follow the directions, which I kind of didn't the first time thru!!!!

What!? Pat not following directions!??? Never....