PDA

View Full Version : Monday, Monday

Blondie
September 14th, 2015, 06:37 AM

Hello Folksies!

Monday. Yep. Monday. Just kissed hubs bye bye and need to get a touch up on my coffee. There is a definite chill in the air the past few days which make me almost giddy. I mean, I am NOT ready for winter. But I am SO ready for the heat to start going away.

I get on FB a frew times a week; I mainly get my fix on that from family and enjoy the jokes, pics, etc. I noticed that one posted when I took a peek early this a.m. was two people standing in front of a car taken back in the 50's and one taken recently. Both the vehicle and couple look pretty good and none the worse for age. It reminded me of my parents years together as it will many of you. Last week would have been my paren'ts 70th wedding anniversary. Daddy made it to 65 of them. I am certain many of us heard the same advice from our parents and grandparents before we got married. A few bits of advice I received?

1. don't ever go to bed angry
2. listen with your heart and not your ears

What about you?

SMILE!!!!!!!!!

Monique
September 14th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Good morning everyone. I don't remember any advice that may have been given to me by my parents.

I got a little sewing done on the weekend. Another table runner, seems I am on the table runner craze. Yesterday, Les and I went to an auction sale and I came home with a vintage sewing machine. A Helvetia, swiss made. I will take a picture later as it is still in the van. I sure hope it runs okay. Paid $25. Les picked up two book boxes and two living room chairs.

Today he has to take his sister back to have her ankle checked. It has been great having him home EVERY day.

Have a great day friends.

MRoy
September 14th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Good morning! My mom gave me some advice many years ago that I've never forgotten. She always worried about her children, where they were, if they were all right...that sort of thing, but she told me "Always make your kids think you trust them whether you do or not." That advice has come in handy many times.

Quilt guild meeting is today and we're giving our charity quilts to the local Children's Advocacy Center. I have 7 quilts and I'm looking forward to seeing how many we have altogether. Now it's time to start making baby quilts for the pregnancy center again.

Have a great Monday!

Cathy F
September 14th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Morning all,
A quick hello this morning. We've been upstate at my sister's house for a few days. Always love spending time with her and some sewing and girl talk, doesn't happen often enough with her work schedule.
Got to the apple orchard a d bringing home plenty of apples, and of course couldn't leave e without cider donuts for the grandkids
On the road back home this morning hope we make good time and don't hit too much traffic, about a 4.5 hour trip with good traffic flow.

Simply Quilting
September 14th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Good Morning! Gearing up for a busy week around here. I had thought when we reached September that things would slow down. Nope when looking at the calendar, there are only five days that don't have anything scheduled on them. And after cracking a tooth on Saturday night, those days have became few. I'll be giving the dentist a call shortly and hope that he can get me in today.

Have a great day everyone :)

irishrn
September 14th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Morning all! Waiting on the painter. Said he'd be here at 8 but I know we don't have the same idea about being punctual!!!
Plan on cleaning today to keep an eye on the DH and Casey. Can't have the dog getting out a door left open!

It is really chilly here this morning. It was 50 when I got up at 7 am. My kind of weather!

Hope Sandy has a good day with her house showing.......
And everyone has a great Monday!!

Bubby
September 14th, 2015, 09:37 AM
It's actually chilly here this morning. I took the Girls to be groomed at 5:30 and then stopped by WalMart for a few groceries. While they're gone I wash all their linens and clean their crates and the laundry room where they sleep. So far we've managed to keep them out of our bed at night.

My tidbit of marital advice is that marriage requires 100% on both sides......not 50/50. Jeff is a wonderful husband and life partner. He always tries to give his all.

I couldn't resist the daily deal today. I'm off to steal an hour or so to sew. Wishing everyone a stellar Monday.

Carrie J
September 14th, 2015, 09:39 AM

Morning Blondie and All............

Nice cool morning here again as well. The weatherman, though promising temps this week in the 80's, fibbed and it'll be more like the lower 90's. Oh well! Advice from my dear sweet MIL was, "Never go to bed mad at each other.", then there was "Don't take any guff from my Son!"............can you say quandry? LOL! How I miss her advice, and sweet company!

One last day of toil, then truly a lengthy spell of sewing and everyday catch up stuff. Hope everyone has a great day, Hugs and Blessings to all. Especially Miss Sandy, break-a-leg on the showing m'dear! :D

Sandy Navas
September 14th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the good wishes, EVERYONE!!

Things I learned from Mom and Dad:
1) Only people who truly like you bother to tease you. Those who don't like you can't be bothered.
2) Never let a day go by without looking your loved ones in the eye and telling them you love them.
3) Never go to bed angry.
4) When you get married you share a bed - unfortunately his half is right in the middle.
5) It doesn't matter what you do with your life, as long as you can look at yourself in the mirror and be proud of who looks back at you.
6) Hard work never hurt anyone.
7) An idle hand is ruled by an idle mind.
8) Laughter is the best medicine.
9) Creepy-crawly things will not hurt you.
10) Every cloud has a silver lining.

And, so I leave you with this plea: PLEASE SELL MY HOUSE!!

Grandma Nan
September 14th, 2015, 09:51 AM
This weekend has been a taste of things to come. Cool, rainy and chilly around here. Yikes, it is definitely too early for fall weather but sure puts you in the mood to quilt and do other "fall type" things. I did some sewing on the weekend, made 3 loaves of zucchini bread, (gave those away but need to make more to bring to the Retreat for snack). I think that tomorrow is another day to do apples again-bless that tree. We are getting a huge harvest off one tree. Its organic too, no spray, no fertilizer etc.

I don't remember getting any particular advice from my parents but in those days I probably wouldn't have listened anyway. Young and know it all. I listen a lot more now.

This week will be focused on sewing. I have a busy Tuesday but the rest of the week is free for sewing. Its been a while since I could say that but September is still looking like a busy month.

aliaslaceygreen
September 14th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Good Monday to you all! Laylabug's beach blast birthday is over and off to work on a MONDAY I must go.

It all became too much for her four year old head toward the end and so the SWAT team (the Grandma's) had to go to the playroom and lure her from the corner with all the stuffed animals so she would come down and say good bye and thank you to all her guests. I was finally successful, and so everyone not only received a hug from her, they also were compelled to kiss a stuffed spider monkey. But no blood was shed and no tantrums were had.

tnmtgrl
September 14th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Good morning!!! It is a wonderfully cool morning here... 48 when I got up at 7:30...up to about 52 now. The fur babies want to be in my lap wrapped in blankets. I think our fall has officially arrived, this is my favorite time of the year.

We will be harvesting apples too in a about 2 weeks, making apple butter and cider and sauce. Our 6 trees are loaded and this cool weather is just what they needed to sweeten up. Ours are organic too, it's the only way my DH does his gardening....so much more healthy for you.

The only piece of advice from either of my parents that has stuck with me was from my mom.... she told me" Every decision you make in life is going to have consequences, so think before you decide because you will have to live with those consequences."...my dad and I never had a really good relationship..my parents divorced when I was 16 and I lost both my parents by the time I was 24. I really did not appreciate being able to ask them for advice until I didn't have them anymore...such is life...fortunately I have had good people in my life to help me along the way.....mainly my DH.

SewnByBee
September 14th, 2015, 10:33 AM
HEY YALL. Well I got sick 😥 . Took Two weeks of steroids and antibiotics to get some better. Still pretty week. I had a cace of double trouble. UTI and STAFF.
Hope you are all ok. I have missed all yall.

mischiefkat
September 14th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Sounds like some folks are getting a hint of Fall to come. Wish I could say the same. Still Hot Hot Hot here in SW Fla.
Sandy, hope you get an offer on your house.

K. McEuen
September 14th, 2015, 02:08 PM
PLEASE SELL MY HOUSE!!

I was reading along, agreeing with most everything you had written when I get to the above. I thought it said "Please SMELL my house." I was thinking "Why, did something die in there?"