PDA

View Full Version : Profil picture

waterlily
October 31st, 2011, 06:33 PM
Hi, I have just put my profile picture in. I would like to know what you think of it. My dad took the photo when he went there when my son was at work (he is a waterman & lighterman on the river thames, he is a captain on one of the thames clippers, they are river taxis). He often did this and has taken some lovely photos so I thought I would us one, (I lost my dad last July) I know he would be very pleased I had used his photo. I Hope you like it, let me know what you think. :icon_wave:

MaryB
October 31st, 2011, 07:09 PM
Hello from Australia, Miss Waterlily. I love the picture. My husband is from Portsmouth and we lived in London for two years waaaay back at the beginning of our marriage.

Mary B

quiltingtrish
October 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
That's pretty!

Hugs,

cyndiofthevortex
October 31st, 2011, 07:54 PM
Oh so pretty. Thanks for sending us to see it!

Cyndi

Mrs.Sew&Sew
October 31st, 2011, 10:17 PM
Love it! How nice! :)

janluna
October 31st, 2011, 11:09 PM
Love this photo! Your dad was a good photographer! Very nice composition! Hugs, Jan L.

meemeecyn
October 31st, 2011, 11:23 PM
Very pretty, waterlily. Love the purples. Sorry you lost your Dad. Have always said there is really something special between a father and his daughter. I see it with daughter and husband and my granddaughters and their dad. I bet you miss him. Take comfort in knowing he would be so happy you are using a picture he took. And a beautiful one at that! Welcome to the forum.
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
October 31st, 2011, 11:31 PM
Gorgeous!! No wonder you love it - what a memory it must recall.

waterlily
November 1st, 2011, 04:37 AM
Thank you Cynthia. Yes I do miss him lots, we were very close, but I have loads of happy memories which is priceless.
Thank you for the welcome.
Deb

KiltedQuilter
November 1st, 2011, 05:07 AM
Nice photo. It looks very peaceful and serene, thankfully, as I too don't like the busy busy of the city!