PDA

View Full Version : Rare cancer in a child

Momofmonsters5
September 12th, 2015, 06:01 AM
I work at an Army daycare, a week ago one of our kids were taken to the doctor for stomach aches, after tests he was flown to Houston he has a rare cancer that no child has ever been diagnosed in his appendix. They need funding to get him to the United Kingdom to get treated. He's 4 and a great kid... Our small center is fundraising in anyway possible I thought I'd post here to see if anyone can help. We're all heart broken over this, he really is a great kid. I have personally had him in my care while working at the center. Fighting for Tanner by Berna Montoya - GoFundMe (http://www.gofundme.com/ga2z5jus)

dwil23
September 12th, 2015, 07:11 AM
This is so sad. A friend of the family's 15 mo old granddaughter was diagnosed with a rare liver cancer last year. I am so pleased and thankful to report that the treatments at Cincinnati Children's Hospital were a complete success and she has been declared in remission. I pray for the same miracle for your little friend. I will check out your link as well.

Thank you for sharing and keep us updated, please.

Monique
September 12th, 2015, 08:40 AM
So terribly sad. NO child should have CANCER!!!! Prayers for Tanner and his family.

songbird857
September 12th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Praying for a miracle here...

easyquilts
September 12th, 2015, 05:02 PM
This is so sad. A friend of the family's 15 mo old granddaughter was diagnosed with a rare liver cancer last year. I am so pleased and thankful to report that the treatments at Cincinnati Children's Hospital were a complete success and she has been declared in remission. I pray for the same miracle for your little friend. I will check out your link as well.

Thank you for sharing and keep us updated, please.

Cincinnati Children's is the best.... My grandson, who is now twenty, had open heart surgery there, when he was five... And, my daughter works at the Mason site....

Momofmonsters5
September 12th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks Sandy,
It seems to be too rare to treat in the states. He's the first child in the U.S. To be diagnosed, his parents are not military they are civilians but our center takes both so they are responsible for so many costs. The UK I us stand is the only answer for Tanner. Our center has been his daycare from infancy so it's our hearts. Thanks for the info though!!