PDA

View Full Version : Hooo's a Night Owl?

kimsophia
September 12th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Are you up? I am but I'm failing fast...have a great night, night owls! :)

stationarymom
September 12th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Hello I haven't seen you around lately,or any owls.I hope you have a good night.
I have been puppy sitting for the last couple of weeks and it's really hard to accomplish anything during the day with him.

sewlucky
September 12th, 2015, 03:24 AM
I'm just crawling into bed. Did some homework and knitting today, but no sewing. Tomorrow we are going to the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy. First one I haven't had any role in planning. It will be different! I hope to get a little bit of sewing happening tomorrow before school gets going strong!

Night all owls!
Terri

bubba
September 12th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Just getting ready to hit the hay here. I set my alarm to wake up at 0745 so I could take a quick bath before we headed out to the fair in Puyallup. It's one of the largest fairs in the world. It has changed so much over the years. I used to love looking at all the different sewing machine vendors (there were at least six or seven), and now there is just one. I always look at the quilts, however I did a major fail this year and forgot to take a picture of the big winner :( It was all hand appliqued and hand quilted and made by a man who was there talking to people and showing pictures of other quilts he has made. He had another there, a huge star, that was also all hand quilted. I wanted to ask if he pieced it by hand as well, but there was a group around him, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

If you go to the fair prior to noon on the first day, the entry is free. They ask for nonperishable food items for the local food banks, so we always do that. Young Life has a food booth that sells the best roast beef sandwiches and that is always lunch. We then walk around some more and wandered back to check the baby pigs. There was a huge pig that had nine babies on the 7th and the other stall had an even bigger pig in it that appeared to be in labor. A few years ago we saw the babies being born, but no such luck today. A woman asked me if they just come shooting out, that she had never seen an animal born before.....really???? Baby shooting pigs? Uh, no!

We then walked to the place where we always have a slice of pie. I sat at a table while he went up to get me my peach pie ala mode and his lemon meringue. He came back and said it was now a dipping dots stand, no pie!!!!! After that I was not a happy person, and it was time to go. I went and got in the scone line (there are several booths throughout the fair, but I always buy from the one under the grandstand). Goodness! The line was long, like normal, but it's usually fast....not today!! I think I was in that line 30 minutes and became friends with everyone around me. Some of my officers walked by (they take vacation to patrol the fair) and they stopped and spoke to me. After hugs and a lot of talking and joking and more hugs, the people around me asked if I knew them.......no, I just hug and visit w/random men in uniform. I told them I used to be their mom for 31 years and they were all my friends. It was good to see them.

Tonight we ran and got dinner and then to J's for buttons for the shirt I made MM. I bought more yardage in the same fabric, but blue to make him another one. Hope this doesn't become a habit!!

My sister had surgery today, was scheduled to 1115, and did not get taken back till 1330!!! It was a four hour surgery and then recovery, which she did not get out of until almost 2000. She just started texted me and seems to be higher than a kite. She has to spend at least one night in the hospital and they will decide tomorrow if she'll spend another.

Found a free pattern for a cute little purse, so now I have to decide if I sneak a couple of those in, or the new Swoon wallet, or get started on my orders. The first two would be so much fun!!

Lightwriter
September 12th, 2015, 05:04 AM
Actually slept a bit, woke up to a storm. We could use a little rain but it sounds like mostly thunder.

No sewing yesterday, ended up cleaning up bathroom cabinets. I hate those"black hole" (things get sucked in and won't come out, creating a big junk pile) cleanings. It started so ibnnocently...Coco, the little wildfire of a dog, rolled in smelly stuff and I was looking for some old body soap with good smell to use to cancel the odor... And I just kept digging out stuff that needed to go...oh well, that is that room for awhile.

Have a good Saturday owls!

bubba
September 12th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Oh my goodness!!!! I am back up. Was almost asleep when crashing sounds shook the bedroom. Then the pitter patter of little feet on the roof! I know it's not Christmas, but I'm positive it's possums or raccoons having a party up there! I wonder if that is why I have not been sleeping well the past week......

And then I remembered I did not write what I had intended to earlier. I set my alarm for 0745....woke up at 0715 and thought, ah...30 more minutes then I'll get up and bathe. Well, MM comes in at almost 0830 and says 'I thought you sat your alarm!'. Well, I did. However, the time on my iPod was off by several hours, so that did me no good! It said 0435 and my alarm never rang. Have to reset the clock on that. It's only about the fifth time I've even set the alarm since I retired.....but I don't like waking up and feeling rushed.

Going to try to settle down on the couch. I think MM is upstairs peeking out windows to see if he can see anything. I'm tempted to go out w/a chainsaw tomorrow and cut down the kiwi vine. I know that is how those critters are getting up there!

kimsophia
September 12th, 2015, 08:00 AM
I got five hours of good sleep and am feeling fine. I may need a nap this afternoon, if I'm even going to get back to being up at night.

My Aunt Vi is doing better. She is eating and asking for items from home to be brought. Her room phone still doesn't ring but I mailed her a counted cross stitch card and a stamped, self addressed post card she can fill out to me. The nursing home she was in took her tray away while she was still eating to bring her a fresh one with HOT food. Wow. :O :D