PDA

View Full Version : the ball.....

bubba
September 12th, 2015, 12:56 AM
My son in law is in the Army, and every fall they have a huge ball for the unit he is in. Here is a picture of Rob and Heather......

Ahamblin
September 12th, 2015, 01:09 AM
Beautiful couple. Love her gown! Thank them for their service.

bubba
September 12th, 2015, 01:28 AM
She's got a closet full of them! Buys one ever summer just for this night. This year she broke down and bought a jeweled clutch she has been drooling over for a couple years.

stationarymom
September 12th, 2015, 01:28 AM
Great pic! Did you make her gown?
My niece is married to an army Dr.

kensington
September 12th, 2015, 01:33 AM
All of the Branches of the Service have a Ball each year that coincides with their Birthday... I used to love the Navy Ball, the gowns, gloves, Dress Uniforms a night out where you feel like Cinderella and Prince Charming once a year.

Oh my yes! So glad she broke down and got the clutch! You have to have a jeweled clutch! I love them!

bubba
September 12th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Great pic! Did you make her gown?
My niece is married to an army Dr.

No.....I did not make her gown. She goes to a boutique downtown that shuts it's door for her and her friends to have a private party while they select their gowns. Four or five of them go every year and the store owner treats them w/wine or champagne and finger foods!

Yanna
September 12th, 2015, 02:21 AM
Lovely couple.

rebeccas-sewing
September 12th, 2015, 05:09 AM
Sweet photo! Your daughter is lovely and her dress is really pretty.

Monique
September 12th, 2015, 08:44 AM
What a beautiful couple.

irishrn
September 12th, 2015, 09:52 AM
What a beautiful couple!!

Snip Snip
September 12th, 2015, 09:59 AM
No.....I did not make her gown. She goes to a boutique downtown that shuts it's door for her and her friends to have a private party while they select their gowns. Four or five of them go every year and the store owner treats them w/wine or champagne and finger foods!

What a great way for that boutique owner to honor our service families!

Bubby
September 12th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Cinderella and her Prince Charming!

Sandy Navas
September 12th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Definitely tell them THANK YOU for all they share!!

songbird857
September 12th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Beautiful couple - I love the dress!! Please thank them for their service and sacrifice :)

Quiltfreestyle
September 12th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Big thank to them both!! They are a beautiful couple, you must be so proud. :-)

bubba
September 12th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Thank you for all your kind words! They are quite the match. Right now they are having a bit of trouble, but I'm hoping they get past it. She is about five years older than him, and when they married, Tyler was a teenager and Ashtyn was four, so he took on quite the handful that not many men would.

I'll be sure to pass your kind words on to them.

easyquilts
September 12th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Such a good looking couple!

Military Ballls are a huge deal....even at the JRAFROTC level.... So much fun to see everyone so dressed up...

Carrie J
September 12th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Pat, tell them "Thank You", and a very good looking couple! Love that dress, gorgeous!

bubba
September 13th, 2015, 01:24 AM
So, I was asking MM if we ever attended one of these things when he was in the Marines. Yes, he said. Don't you remember how mad you got at me when you found out they did it every year and I only took you to the one right before I got out? Well, no, I don't remember because of that serious head injury I had!!!!! Regardless, he said I had a great time, but I don't even remember attending.

snippet
September 13th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Beautiful couple! I pray they get over this rough patch in their lives. They really look lovely!

My daughter is married to a Marine and they go to their ball every fall as well. She's having a difficult time finding gowns that are suitable and in her budget. Orange County is so expensive and many of the styles are too 'Hollywood' for a military ball.

Thank your son for his service and for being a father too.

Grandma Nan
September 13th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Gorgeous dress and lovely picture of them.

JaniceR
September 13th, 2015, 05:15 PM
They make such a beautiful couple! They both look wonderful!!

Please give them my sincere thanks for their service!!

Navy Wife
September 13th, 2015, 07:10 PM
That brings back so many memories of the Navy Balls we went to all over the world. It's so much fun to dress up and dance the night away. Of course these days, they dance without touching or with no partner. We danced to Big Band music! I hope they had as much fun as we did.