PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I should lighten up!

asta
September 11th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Not sure why but....I seem to be a real B...(ear) today. There are men working on the road near our home and they have used a spot near the house to drop their dirt piles and my dog is going crazy. About an hour ago while doing the dishes I looked at him, gritted my teeth and in a VERY stern voice told him "cut it out or I will pop you a good one, I am not in the mood today, it is my day to be a grump, not yours" Well, something I said or the look in my eyes perhaps gave him the message loud and clear, he has been sitting in a ball quiet ever since. Now I feel bad and grumpy. Should I make it up to him and go for a walk? Or just let him sit and get some cleaning done?

Angelia
September 11th, 2015, 04:41 PM
I have a cat who makes me crazy like that! I'd take advantage of the quiet moments--he'll get over it soon enough.

quiltsRfun
September 11th, 2015, 04:44 PM
I think he deserves a walk.

YellowCockatiel
September 11th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Get your cleaning done and then go for a looooooooong walk. Both of you will enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Then come home and take a nap. You both deserve it.

Cool Breeze Quilter
September 11th, 2015, 04:47 PM
When I'm having one of those days if I can get a walk in I do. I've walked off many cranky feelings. :-) A nice walk would be good for both of you.

bhaggerty
September 11th, 2015, 05:33 PM
I vote for the walk too!
Same has happened to me before! And it was not really his fault.
If any of you are dog lovers you need to read the book "The Art of Racing in the Rain"
It is written in 3rd person as the dog is the narrator of the book. Awesome book!!

asta
September 11th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Feeling better now, got the kitchen floor washed and BOTH bathrooms with no interruptions then got in a long walk, now tonight maybe I can get in some sewing.

Lori63
September 11th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Definitely go for a walk. It's amazing how much better you both will feel. And we're all entitled to our grumpy days every once in a while.

Cool Breeze Quilter
September 12th, 2015, 07:24 AM
I vote for the walk too!
Same has happened to me before! And it was not really his fault.
If any of you are dog lovers you need to read the book "The Art of Racing in the Rain"
It is written in 3rd person as the dog is the narrator of the book. Awesome book!!

Thanks for the info on this book. It sounds like an interesting read.

When we had the first of our 3 dogs my Dr wanted to put me on high blood pressure meds. I said no. He said then you WILL walk every day for an hour starting out at 10 mins and adding time. I mumbled (grumpy) about having no time for an hour long walk. But he scared me. So the next morning I took my dog for a 10 minute walk, and the next day. We worked up to 1 1/2 hours a day, every morning. My blood pressure was down to normal in 3 weeks time. I lost almost 60 lbs. It was a special time of the morning (quiet and nature waking up) and a great way to greet the morning with my sweet dog.

asta, glad you got everything done and feel better now. :-)

easyquilts
September 12th, 2015, 05:05 PM
You will both feel better, after a nice long walk...

Carrie J
September 12th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Beth, had to laugh over your post. My "grumpies" are snapping fingers and pointing. That quells a very exuberant and "early alert" Boston. (she barks at cars that have the audacity to go down our street!) Afterwards I feel like a schmuck and we play fetch and tug-o-war. Dogs are so darned forgiving, good thing for us humans, ya know?

KPH
September 12th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Some days are just like that, but it sounds like you got some things done, and still have time for yourself! It ended up being a pretty good day!