PDA

View Full Version : Friday, actually

Blondie
September 11th, 2015, 06:48 AM

Good Morning Folksies

Happy Friday. Sure wish I could go back to bed and sleep some more. Sure wish I didn't have to work. Sure wish I could retire. Sure wish I had finished all the dishes last night. Sure wish I had a fairy godmother. Talk about some bippity boppity boo! I think we all grew up in a world where our Daddy's taught us that if we spit in one hand and wished in the other, it was easy to realize that one hand was really nasty and the other one had to wash it.

Fortunately, I am too sleepy and not caffeinated enough to bend your ears further. Have a super duper weekend.
Blessings and prayers for my sew-y friends. Smiles too!

Bubby
September 11th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Morning Everyone....The Girls and I got up around 3 am to storms. Dottie was going ballistic at the thunder. Jeff slept through the whole thing. It's quite a bit cooler this morning.

I have to run to town this morning for a few things. My trip to Rolla to have the car serviced went well. I met some nice people in the waiting room to chat with and two of the women who work at the dealership are quilt lovers and I happened to have my tablet with me and showed them a few of my quilts. They both wrote down the info for M*, so I hope to see them join us. When you make and love quilts you always have something exciting to talk about.

Weather permitting I would like to get some sewing done today. It's either that or housework....arghhhh!

Wishing everyone a grand Friday.

aliaslaceygreen
September 11th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Good morning. Can't say I ever heard THAT particular thing from my daddy, Blondie! I heard that Friday has chosen to become stressful at work already. Oh, Joy. A few weeks back, during the full moon, I had book-ends for the day... the first and last people I dealt with were off the hook unreasonable. And of course, they have written to corporate.
Ladies, all. If we were only so quick to call out people DOING nice things as we are about perceived slights... (sigh.)
As with the first person, there was no reasonable accommodation for her. (helpful hint. IF you are trying to convince me the person before cut something the wrong size, seriously, I NEED the object to remeasure. Just add more to that side to make it even IS NOT A SOLUTION).

Yes, I am already riled. Whoops. Good thing I am off this weekend too!!!!
I looked at that NCW and think, probably not. ;)

Have a quick Friday!!!

My 9/11 post is up at my blog...link below, if you are interested.

Be well!

Lori63
September 11th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Good morning all:)

Blondie, I remember my dad saying that!

I only work half a day today and then am off for the weekend. I get to pay bills and clean house this afternoon. I have Saturday all to myself to sew all day. In the evening I get DGD for the night!

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday!

Monique
September 11th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Good morning. I am off with Bonnie this morning with a stop at a fabric store would you believe. I got two quilts sandwiched yesterday with Bonnie's help and the binding in the Halloween table runner. Made a zig zag table runner as well. I need to look for backing on this one as it is a (late) wedding gift. And started a Christmas zig zag one as well. Busy little beaver here.

Remembering 9-11

Have a great day everyone.

dwil23
September 11th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Good Morning all!

Bubby, and others with dogs who are afraid of lightning: I just read on Bonnie Hunter's FB page that rubbing a dog down with an unused dryer sheet before a storm will settle them down. The theory is some of them feel the static in the air that we are not aware of. Certainly worth a try!

Speaking of pets - they are going to be the death of me! UNfortunately, ours (mine, my daughters' and my sisters) are mostly getting up in years and we know the time will come sooner rather than later with several of them. My sister called me in tears last night that her big Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, Spree, had fallen down and couldn't get up. SHe weighs 100 lbs so no easy task to get her back on her feet. In a few minutes she managed and she was fine, only for her feet to go out from under her again later. While talking to her, I peeked out on to the screened porch where my "feral" cats are living now. I could see the male was panting REALLY hard, grooming himself and drooling badly. Long story short - he was in heat stroke! This was 9 at night and it was only 81 degrees - we have seen MUCH higher temps all summer, so can't imagine what triggered that. We worked with him until nearly midnight with cool damp rags, a fan and making "cat soup" out of canned food mixed with lots of cold water. His temp was over 105 degrees even after we got him cooled down some.

Sew much for sewing the night away! I did finish the top on a nautical baby quilt for a new baby due in November, and then worked some on my Bricks and Stepping stones that I have been making four patches for as Leader Enders. Today I need to get the borders on my son's graduation quilt so that my next weekend can be spent quilting all three.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day! Prayers for those in need, and trust me, we are all in need in this world.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 11th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Good morning! I guess we had storms here last night, but I didn't notice! Must have been a good night's sleep!

Have you dog owners heard of or tried those Thunder coats/blankets? I think the concept is they fit on the dog rather snugly, giving them a feeling of extra security. Wonder if they actually work? Donna, hope your boy kitty makes it through his heat crisis. Poor baby!

I'm making a "candy jar/ I Spy quilt". What fun! Got the blocks all done yesterday in 2 short sewing sessions. I hope to put them together today. Hope it turns out like I think it will!

Have a great day!

dwil23
September 11th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Thanks Jean! Yes we have a thunder shirt for Mooney and it does help. Some people swear by them and others say they don't work at all. Guess it depends on the dog. I was wondering if it also might have to do with keeping those little electrical charges from hitting them directly - a barrier so to speak. Hhmm..

Ginny B
September 11th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Good Morning all. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday and it is much cooler here today. The last hour of work on the first Friday after we stop our summer "4:00 Fridays" is soooooo long. So I'm expecting 4-5 today to drag by.

Remembering 14 years ago. This is always a difficult day but I will do my best to make the most of this day we have been blessed with.

Grandma Nan
September 11th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Good morning all

Off today to help my dad, once again, to make applesauce. That tree just doesn't give up. Good job there are lots of grandkids so we can always get rid of it. I was thinking I should be selling it (more fabric money, ha ha). It is totally organic and we haven't even had to add sugar as it is quite naturally sweet.

Having the 2 youngest GS's over the weekend and oh no, Dave is going to visit his father so Gamma has to manage all on her own. Oh well, it will be fine. They are pretty easy but I don't think I'll get my sewing done.

Life is fully exploding next week. A 30th wedding anniversary, a 34th birthday (daughter). 3 guild meetings, pillow stuffing and trying to finish off my things for the Retreat - pheww. I am getting tired just thinking about it.

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy and safe weekend.
Nan

Carrie J
September 11th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Up and at 'em here, one more day, then a Blessed 7 days off yee haw! Second cold front coming in, and the arrival of Fall temps. That'll put a spring in your step for sure. Hope everyone has a great day, and We'll Always Remember!

Sandy Navas
September 11th, 2015, 09:30 AM

What can I say?

Cathy F
September 11th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Morning all,
Sun hasn't shown it's face yet after the much needed rain we had yesterday, but it's early yet.
Finished all but one pair of the pants on the karate gi's yesterday. I'll get in the sewing room soon and finish the hem on the last pair. If you didn't see my post yesterday I had to alter these for my granddaughter and her boyfriend. They're for a self defense course at college. I think they were one size fits all for giants, 9" off the sleeves and 10" off the pants!
No sewing this weekend as we're headed upstate to my sisters for the weekend for her daughter's baby shower, but we will be talking fabric and quilts!
Off to get my day started and hit the coffee. Hugs to all that might need a few extra today.

tnmtgrl
September 11th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Good morning to all.....my thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends who lost loved ones on this day 14 yrs. ago.

The weather is finally changing... yay!!! It is suppose to be in the 40s Sunday morning and I can't wait!! I am tired of the thick sticky air. The leaves are starting to change too...you can see color starting to happen, it is slowly inching up the mountain. I went out to my studio about 5pm yesterday and did not even need the air...I just left the door open....it was really nice being able to have he door open and no bugs coming in.

I spent yesterday morning at the vet, I went with my friend. Her doggie is 14 and he is very sick...he has a stricture in his intestine and the only real way to fix it is surgery which she doesn't have the money for. He also has Cushing's disease (please forgive spelling if incorrect ).... they are trying steroids but I am thinking that in a few days she is going to have to have him put down. I am feeling so sorry for her...it was very emotional yesterday.

I hope everyone has a good day today and is able to get a little sewing time.

Navy Wife
September 11th, 2015, 11:15 AM
We have a little fog this morning after some much needed rain last night. We need lots more rain and should get some over the weekend.

Like you, Jen, I spent yesterday morning at the vet, but my visit was much more pleasant. Just yearly checkup and shots for Ellie. She was an angel, but only because she was scared to death. I guess cats are just homebodies! Right now she is cuddled up in a box watching TV and washing her face.

I went back to the eye Dr. Wednesday. All is well. I'm seeing much better as the days go by. Just had a follow up call, and the hole in the retina has closed, so I should be back to normal soon. All restrictions are lifted except staying below 2000 ft. altitude, so I have lots of house work to catch up on, and shopping to do...just groceries no fun stuff!

ceiliam
September 11th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Morning all. 14 years ago. Thoughts prayers to those who lost love ones those who worked so hard and saw so much. God Bless America

EnumclawGramma
September 11th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Good Morning. Remembering 911 in my own way this morning, listening to the names of victims, watching the news, up alone with my coffee.
Today is Ray's (the hubs) last day of vacation for the Summer, next stop Christmas! He was a busy boy in the kitchen for the entire day yesterday bottling homemade wine and making dinner. Believe it or not....that is his happy place.
My plan for today and the duration of the weekend is to SEW. I've got to start some of these projects that have been running through my head while I try to sleep! Lately I've been piecing quilts in my sleep.
Beautiful morning here. Gonna finish this coffee (it's really good this morning!) and start opening up the house to take advantage of this extension of Summer....

Hugs and Prayers to all in need....

CheyMom14
September 11th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Mornin' all. We had rain again last evening, but no hail or wind like folks further south and west. Maybe we'll pull a soybean crop afterall. Had my weekend pretty much planned, then heard from my DS last evening he's bringing DGD up for the weekend. Gladly change those plans! Finished my midnight star quilt (as far as piecing anyway) and waiting to have the right attitude to change the serger thread to finish the edges before it goes on the quilt machine. I have a very high end serger and I really hate it. It sews great, just that it takes me longer to change the thread than it does for me to do what I have to do (which is mostly serge the edges of quilts before they go on the quilt machine). Our son got hurt at work several weeks back, DIL works on Saturdays and DGD has not been sleeping well (she's two). Time for Gamaw to take over for a couple nights so they can get some sleep. Love how fascinated she is sitting on my lap while I sew.

It has cooled off, hope it stays that way for a while. I love fall although we'll get sooo busy with harvest in a couple weeks. Won't leave much time for me and my sewing.

Y'all have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

auntiemern
September 11th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Good day all. Today is never a good day for me. It has a twofold meaning. The day both our country was attacked, and in 2009 the day my 6 wk old grandson was. That's it. Reflecting today on how blessed I am to still have my wonderful little man.

Judy, USMC
September 11th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Joining in late here ... spent most of the morning participating in 9/11 remembrances ... in person and on TV. Pray that everyone affected by the tragedy has felt some sense of peace and their wounded spirits have healed.

Nice & cool day here. Trying to get this house in order and fabric organized. Wish I had rubber walls .....