PDA

View Full Version : Returning night owl

Andrea F
September 10th, 2015, 04:35 AM
Good morning!

I'm back from the conference in Potsdam, a little bit exhausted and glad to be home. My talk went okay although I had only a few minutes. Two of the guys that were to talk before me talked a lot longer than they were supposed to and I had ten minutes left instead of twenty. Maybe this was a good thing though, I had a lot of slides with stats stuff on it. Then again, showing the stats was the purpose of my presentation. (I talked about the translation and statistical validation of a questionnaire about offense-specific forgiving in marriages and relationships.)

Potsdam is a beautiful city, lots of gorgeous old buildings. We got to visit the park of the Sanssouci palace quickly during an extended lunch break. Too bad we only had an hour to visit. I would have loved to explore the park and maybe see the inside of the palace but time was way too short.

117671 117672

Terri, how was your first day at school? Did you like it?
How are all the other night owls?

lapeoples
September 10th, 2015, 04:48 AM
I love the old buildings in Europe. It's amazing how long some of them have been around.

Granny Judy
September 10th, 2015, 04:49 AM
Beautiful garden pics. Makes me wanna travel again. I didn't get to Germany, tho... and I maybe getting to old to travel that far. But I can dream. (insert b4 dream- BIG)

Had lovely weather today and I got to spend it out side, painting a old file cabinet. It is now ready to come inside and hold some of my fabric stash. Its amazing what one can convert into fabric storage units.

Does anyone else have some unusual storage containers??

I am busy cleaning up and going thru my stash as I find fabric to make a dozen or so table runners for DD#2's friends and co workers. At least she gave me more warning than last year. End of nov and wanted something to give for Christmas gifts. (small canning jars with sewing kit inside and pin cushion top). That was the only way to make the deadline she had.

Ah, the things we do for our loved ones. DD#1 Is in Florida and She also quilts... sometimes I have to borrow from her stash: If I can get her to show it to me. LOL. We come from a long line of quilters (as well as nurses). Four generations and counting.

Well off to grab a drink of water and then get nested down for the night. Fuzzies to all...

Lightwriter
September 10th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Hope all the owls are doing well. Still hot here.

Battling the FMQ on the fall quilt and working some on RowxRow. If I didn't have so much time, money, and effort tied up in the RowxRow I would just dump it in the trash. Many of the rows are past my comfort zone as a beginner quilter and I am getting frustrated.

Have a good Thursday!

kimsophia
September 10th, 2015, 08:05 AM
I had one of my weird episodes of being unable to sleep for 24 hours straight. Actually it was a couples hours more than that. I fell asleep from 11:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. so I'm drinking coffee and feeling much better.

I did a little weed whipping last night at the fence lines and boy is my right arm tired. The self-propelled feature of our lawnmower's cable broke last week and DH cannot fix it so we ordered a new mower. Until then the old one works as a gas-powered push mower, and my buddy who mows for me is strong enough. I do his laundry in trade. Boy have my DH and I gone through a lot of lawnmowers. Probably one every four years. :P Maybe that's average...

Andrea F
September 10th, 2015, 05:40 PM

Battling the FMQ on the fall quilt and working some on RowxRow. If I didn't have so much time, money, and effort tied up in the RowxRow I would just dump it in the trash. Many of the rows are past my comfort zone as a beginner quilter and I am getting frustrated.

Have a good Thursday!

Maybe set it aside for a while and come back to it later?

sewlucky
September 11th, 2015, 03:00 AM

Have a good Thursday!

Do the patterns that you feel confident with and use the other fabrics to play with other blocks. Your quilt will still be lovely! I'm wanting my row row quilt done too, and sometimes overthinking my rows. Gotta stop that!

Terri

kimsophia
September 11th, 2015, 06:51 AM
Wow, I guess I am caught up on sleep as I slept from 5:30 in the afternoon until 3:30 in the morning. I am a very confused owl!

Andrea F
September 11th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Good morning again, I've already been wondering where everybody is. Seems like you all got some sleep :)

I fell asleep in front of the TV yeterday at 6pm and woke up at nine or ten. I even missed Thomas' call. He is somewhere in Germany, I don't know where. They had a work thing yesterday that was a surprise for everybody. Only thing we knew was that he would be home again today in the evening. I planned on going to bed again soon which didn't work out so well. It was 4 am.

I'm getting ready to go out for lunch with the boys. Pascal and I will pick Paddy up at school and then we'll go to our favourite Chinese place. I figure there won't be so many occasions we're going to do that since Pascal is moving out very soon. He's already looking at apartments. Keep your fingers crossed he finds something nice and affordable please. Did I mention he got the scholarship he applied for? They told him Tuesday. It's a huge amount of money that will probably pay almost the whole rent for the two years of grad school. I'm really glad he's such a bright boy :D

Hope you're all going to have a wonderful day!

kimsophia
September 11th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Wow, congratulations to your son on that scholarship! :)