PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Genny
October 31st, 2011, 02:01 AM
I received my new Janome MC9500 Friday and opened it Saturday and played with it all weekend. I embroideried, and sewed with it. For some reason the thread keeps breaking and I'm not satisified with the embroidery. All in all I'm just not satisified with this machine. Am I being too picky or should I send it back like I'm really thinking about doing? I'm just really confused and I know my husband is going to say that maybe I'm just too picky. I purchased this machine new off Ebay from a Janome dealer and I have a 30 day money back guarantee but I have to pay the return shipping. :(

toggpine
October 31st, 2011, 02:20 AM
Call the nearest dealer and ask about the problems, and if you can't fix them immediately - send it back!

If you are already dissatisfied in the performance of a brand new machine, it won't get any better.

EsGrandma
October 31st, 2011, 03:22 AM
Genny, I have a Janome New Horizon and absolutely love it. I don't have any of the problems that you described. I would definitely do what toggpine said. These machines are too expensive to not be happy with their performance. Linda

donna-lea
October 31st, 2011, 03:33 AM
Hello, Is there a local Janome outlet that you could arrange to go there and buy a 1 hour tutorial of how to use all it's features. It may be that the problem can be easierly fixed. If not, and still dissatisfied, I'd return it before my 30 days expire. Sometimes buying on line just isnt the way to go with some things. Donna from Oz.

mitzs
October 31st, 2011, 04:30 AM
I have to ask. Did you try a different brand of thread? Did you check your needles and bobbins for spurs? I may be new to quilting and a sewing machine but I worked in sewing factors for years as a serger and most time if you had thread breakage something was wrong with your needle or loopers unless we got a bad of lot of thread in. And sometimes machines just don't like a certain brand of thread. If you tried all that with checking your tension then I agree with Tog 100%. Your machine is an investment that you will be working with years to come. It is OK to be picky because you need to be happy and content with it or it is going to take the fun of quilting away from you. You have a right to get what you paid for. I am sorry your having such a bad experience with your new baby. Let us know how it goes. This is a hug just for you. (((( ))))

rebeccas-sewing
October 31st, 2011, 05:53 AM
Try changing the needle and make sure you are using embroidery thread for the embroidery, otherwise, as long as you can get your money back return it. You shouldn't be having problems with a brand new machine right out of the box. Having to check this and check that and try different thread...not right out of the box! How disappointing!

Monique
October 31st, 2011, 07:52 AM
I can't help you with this problem and I see you have received wonderful advice. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Sandy Navas
October 31st, 2011, 11:16 AM
I totally agree all of the above. My embroidery machine HATES some threads - go figure. There is a difference. Everyone's advice above is right on. And, if all else fails - send it back. There may have been a good reason why it was on sale on Ebay.

Genny
October 31st, 2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone. I only use Coats and Clark sewing machine thread and I only use Robinson Anton Rayon Embroidery Thread. I do understand the importance of using the right thread and needles because I worked in a garment factory for over 20 years up untill last year. As someone said on here if I'm not happy with the performance of it right out of the box it won't get any better so I did what my heart was telling me to do and sent it back this morning. Thanks everyone for trying to help me with this.

Sandy Navas
October 31st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Genny, I'm sending you my shoulder to bawl on - have at it and then wipe those frustrating tears and go hunting again!!

HUGS!!

rebeccas-sewing
October 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
Sorry you've had such trouble. I know how disppointed you must be. Oh well, shake it off. As Sandy says get out there and find yourself a better machine.

Genny
November 1st, 2011, 01:47 AM
I'm already looking...Thanks everyone:icon_happy:

mitzs
November 1st, 2011, 05:15 AM
Jenny which sewing factory did you work at? I started out at a levi plant seat seaming. I absolutely hated that manchine and that job. lol, and ended up at Osh Kosh as a serger till our jobs were sent to Mexico. :( Our little town use to have 10 sewing factories at 1 time and now you can't even find one in the whole county. It is very sad. Are your factories still open up there? I grew up in Iowa, Tripoli and Plainfield. Anyway, happy hunting for your next machine. There is something to be said about the thrill of the hunt. lol

Genny
November 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Jenny which sewing factory did you work at? I started out at a levi plant seat seaming. I absolutely hated that manchine and that job. lol, and ended up at Osh Kosh as a serger till our jobs were sent to Mexico. :( Our little town use to have 10 sewing factories at 1 time and now you can't even find one in the whole county. It is very sad. Are your factories still open up there? I grew up in Iowa, Tripoli and Plainfield. Anyway, happy hunting for your next machine. There is something to be said about the thrill of the hunt. lol

I worked at Neely mfg in Seymour Ia starting in 1989 until last year when I was lucky, especially at my age, to be hired at a company (not sewing) here about 2 miles from home. At one time, years ago Neely's had 3 locations in Iowa and one in Missouri. Now they're down to two and only have a handful of employees. Sadly in a few years they'll probably be closed too. The little "made in America" companies are far and few between.

Patrice
November 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM
are you using good stabilizer? Sometimes you may even have to double up on it and if you do make sure the pieces are laying opposite each other