PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Owl

kimsophia
September 9th, 2015, 03:33 AM
Whoa, I lost track of time! Whoooooo's awake? @,@

bubba
September 9th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Here I am!!! Did you miss me? We have been away at our lake of no internet service since last Friday and got home late this afternoon. MM is back to work. He has a long week.....tonight and tomorrow night!! The fair starts on Friday and we always go the first day. If you are there prior to noon, they request canned foods for the food banks. You get in free either way, but we always take something.

We always look at the quilts, I buy scones and we eat roast beef sandwiches. If we make it back there (which we will!!) we check out the baby pigs. We were present a couple years ago when some were being born....that was really exciting! The pigs that have the babies, always have groups of ten or so, one year it seemed one of them had 15!!! We try to return for another trip after about two weeks, and it's fun to see how big they have grown.

There is a lot of commercialization of things out there the past couple years....they no longer sell the fun stuff they used to. I hope every year it might turn around, but it hasn't.

The news just reported we are supposed to have another warm spell soon. We got a good rain up at the lake this past weekend. They had lifted the burn ban this past Friday, so that made our oldest daughter happy...she likes a good campfire! We had to run into town on Sunday morning and on our way back to the lake, it looked like there was a forest fire starting at the base of the hill before heading up to our lake. We pulled over and I called 911 while MM walked back to check. He hiked back about three blocks before he hit a clearing and could see it was an isolated patch of fog.....it really looked like smoke from the road. I called the fire department back to let them know they could cancel, but the dispatcher said they would still come out for an area check. We sat there about ten or fifteen more minutes waiting for them, but they never came, so we left to return to the lake. About 35 minutes later, I heard their sirens. Why they used those for an area check, I have no clue, but at least they responded.

I think Yoda is happy to be back home, but then again, he is happy to be at the lake too! I am absolutely making that flower girl dress tomorrow so wish me and the 12 yards of tulle luck! I finally heard back about the pj's and have to call her because it was just a message left on my cell that said something about the lady wanted several pair for a pj party!!! I'm excited and nervous about it all at the same time.

Going to watch Jimmy Kimmel and head to bed.

baskets4deb
September 9th, 2015, 04:05 AM
The fair starts on Friday and we always go the first day. If you are there prior to noon, they request canned foods for the food banks. You get in free either way, but we always take something.

Thanks for donating to the food bank! The shelves are pretty empty this time of year.

redcaboose1717
September 9th, 2015, 06:11 AM
WOW.....I lost track of time too !
I just got my sewing machine back today ! It's been in the shop for a week. I haven't been able to use the auto threader in a couple of years, so I am practicing with that. Can't wait to get started sewing something. I have so many projects to finish....i have some clothes of my Granddaughter's to finish, I want to work on my patriotic quilt, I want to start making some new baby clothes for a baby girl who will be born in December. etc. So, I have a few projects I could work on I suppose.

kimsophia
September 9th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Wow, I am not getting much done. I picked out some counted cross stitching as I decided that the orange color was too bright to match what I've already sewn, but I didn't find anything in my embroidery floss supply that grabs me, either. :P Well since I plan to just send this little thing as a card to Aunt Vi in the nursing home I guess I don't need to overthink it... :)

sewlucky
September 9th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I was in bed, trying to sleep at the time you posted. Not sure if it is my age or my medication, or both, but I've had a lot of insomnia lately. I stopped one of the meds last week, still not falling asleep quickly, but I think a bit better. Not such a big deal when I can lay around in bed half the day, but today is my first day of school!! :) Mon/Wed are my later day, don't have to be there until 10, but Tue/Thur will be brutal if I'm not sleeping well since I have to be there at 8. Is it bad that the thing I'm most nervous about is taking the bus?? LOL I've been driving myself everywhere for 30 years, not over keen on the bus thing, but I have to pay for the bus pass as part of my tuition anyway (no exemption on it) and parking down at the university is a bear...but still... ;) I will get used to it, I know!

Terri

kimsophia
September 9th, 2015, 11:55 AM
I grew up in a rural town with no bus service and didn't know how busses work...as in, you have to get in on the correct side of the street, headed the direction you want to go. So of course, I got on the correct bus but headed the wrong direction. However I was so anxious I had taken the bus two hours earlier than I needed to get downtown to class. lol So I got a nice tour of the town! lolol

bubba
September 9th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Terri, try counting backwards from 300 by 3's.......normally works for me!