PDA

View Full Version : Emily Update!!!!!!!!!!!!

janluna
October 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM
To all the prayer warriors that have been praying for our girl Emily, I have good news.
EMILY IS IN REMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no Aplastic Anemia. Her bone marrow shows she does have some cells. They are thin and stringy. Her ANC level will be at 1000 and that will be her new normal. Her red and white cells are depressed so her new normal will be low. The chemo that she was on has damaged her immune system and will never be normal again. However, she can play soccer, play as 1st chair on her violin, and become a veterinarian when she grows up if she wants to. She is off all meds and is no longer on a nutrapenic diet. Her life will be as normal as possible. They found out Thursday but called us today because Heatherlea (Mama Bear that she is) was pretty upset that the doctors considered her "normal". She was hoping for her blood levels and immune system to be closer to normal than that. She has excepted it now and worked through it. And will be ever vigilant in her care. She will have to be on high doses of antibiotics if she catches a cold or any other infection to help her body fight off anything she comes in contact with. They will have to keep certain meds on hand at all times just in case.
I want to thank you all for holding her up in prayer and for holding me together when I fell apart. Still keep her in your prayers because God is Good and maybe she will improve now that the disease is no longer present. Emily had to be the one to tell me. I started crying. She said "Luna, don't cry this is good!" I told her I was crying tears of Joy. And then I told her about all of you and from where you are located around the world. She said "God is Good isn't He Luna?" I told her yes and to go score that goal. She was on her way to play soccer.
Thank you again so much! You have no idea how happy we are but I know you can imagine. I love you all so much. Hugs, Jan

stitching woman
October 30th, 2011, 08:14 PM
What wonderful news. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. I hope she keeps improving now that she is in remission.
Emily is right God in good and she is proof.

MaryB
October 30th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Jan, my darling, I too am crying tears of joy for Emily. Such great news. Please give her a hug for me and hugs to you too.

Mary B.

a1angiem
October 30th, 2011, 08:22 PM
oh my gosh, that is wonderful news!!!!! so glad you have something positive now and all the best wishes for her continued improvement!!!! Children are miracles!

Bubby
October 30th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Jan, Praise the Lord!!!! God is good!!!! I'm rejoicing with you, Emily her Mamma. HUGS....Barb

EsGrandma
October 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM
O WOW - Jan that is incredible!!! To God be the praise!! So happy for you - felt your tears of joy - will continue to pray for you and yours. Linda

InGodzHndz
October 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Yay! God is good!

mamaquilt
October 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Judt great!!!! Hughs from Luxembourg to Emily!

Monique
October 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Jan, you brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad that Emily is doing so well. She can only get stronger from here. Grandchildren are truly a gift from God as I can attest. Continuing prayers for Emily and everyone else for that matter.

Hugs to you Jan, and any time you need a shoulder to cry on, you can use mine.

janluna
October 30th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Thank you all so much for your help and prayers and for holding me together! I love you all! You are prayer Warriors! Hugs, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
October 30th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I have tears running down my cheeks - tears of joy. The wonders of our mighty God never cease to amaze me. He is so good!

I'll just bet you can't wait to get your hands on Emily and give her a big Luna hug!!

janluna
October 30th, 2011, 10:24 PM
You are so right Sandy! They have a very busy life so I asked them to eke me out a couple of hours so I can see them all and celebrate! I can't stop crying for joy!!!! It has been such a long hard road. Heather is having a hard time with the new "Normals" but she is working through it.
Her normals will be low. Thank you Sandy for all your prayers and support. Love, Jan

Shirley
October 30th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Happy to hear the good news of Emily. Thanks be to God! Bless you all!

HandsOffItsMine
October 30th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Jan, just share the news with Don and we're so excited to hear that Emily is in remission. God is good and Emily is such a trouper! Tears of joy will be flowing by many of us. Hugs from both of us. Love, Ruby and Don

BellasQuilts
October 30th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Sounds like our Miss Emily has something important to do here and this is just a hurdle for her. God Bless her and her family. The power of prayer has always worked in my experience. Doing a happy dance for you!

SuzyQue
October 31st, 2011, 12:53 AM
Jan---WOW! and congrats! I will let my Bible Study ladies/prayer warriers know the great news! I am teary eyed and so joyous for you! What wonderful news! God is so good! Another miracle....great news! Will continue prayers for continued health and improvements in the immune system. I have a son with a depressed immune issue, so know your struggles on this.....but it is doable! Thanks for sharing your joy!

meemeecyn
October 31st, 2011, 01:00 AM
Jan, you have made my day! Was so happy to read the good news. We have so much to be grateful for and this is another to add to the list. Hugs to you and Emily!
Cynthia

toggpine
October 31st, 2011, 02:17 AM
This is fabulous! I think about her when I look at mine. I send up little prayers for her as I watch my Emily go through her day. I will continue to do so, and add a HUGE prayer of thanksgiving!
Cathy

donna-lea
October 31st, 2011, 03:44 AM
A big Aussie Hello to Emily. So glad to hear the good news. Donna.

KiltedQuilter
October 31st, 2011, 04:31 AM
Woo! Happy Dance time! :D :icon_woohoo:
BIG hugs from Scotland!!!!

bakermom
October 31st, 2011, 04:35 AM
What wonderful news! You are truly blessed!

rebeccas-sewing
October 31st, 2011, 05:40 AM
Janluna,

So very happy to hear the good news!!!

Rebecca

Blondie
October 31st, 2011, 06:34 AM

Good Morning Jan!
What wonderful news to first thing this morning! I may not even need coffee!! (Well, maybe just a little, cuz I love the taste).

Praising God for all the answered prayer for our Emily and all of her family!

Patrice
October 31st, 2011, 07:14 AM
thats wonderful Jan! Blessing to you all

quilter.martha
October 31st, 2011, 07:25 AM
Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Thank you Lord Jesus!!!! I got goose bumps when I read your note Jan. So very, very happy for all of you!

twnkeyes
October 31st, 2011, 08:55 AM
Oh what wonderful news! God IS Good!!! What's normal anyway??? We are all "normal" in our own ways. This news has started my day with such happiness, THANK YOU GOD!!!

janluna
November 1st, 2011, 12:42 AM
Thank you everyone. You are all giving me goosebumps! I have cried more tears of Joy and thanksgiving than I can tell you about! WE have sent prayers of thanksgiving to God for all of you. Emily said, " tell them I love them all Luna, and I will pray for them." Tell them thank you!
She is now a straight A student, 1st chair violin, and soccer ninja!! She is really good at music and soccer! And she can eat anything she wants! The nutrapenic diet is gone!!! YAY! She said," I never thought I'd say bring on the veggies!" She is wise beyond her years. I am so proud of her for how she has fought this with such grace and smiles. And her faith in God is something that brings me and grown men to their knees! Her pastor is still flying over her news! He did a whole sermon on acceptance with grace with Em as the point of the sermon.
Ladies, You are all fantastic. You have given me strength when I thought we would lose her. You have lifted me up to heaven and kept my feet on the ground. I can never say thank you enough. So like Emily, I will pray a prayer of thanks for you and I love you too! Hugs, Jan

shirleyj
November 1st, 2011, 12:55 AM
Thank you everyone. You are all giving me goosebumps! I have cried more tears of Joy and thanksgiving than I can tell you about! WE have sent prayers of thanksgiving to God for all of you. Emily said, " tell them I love them all Luna, and I will pray for them." Tell them thank you!
She is now a straight A student, 1st chair violin, and soccer ninja!! She is really good at music and soccer! And she can eat anything she wants! The nutrapenic diet is gone!!! YAY! She said," I never thought I'd say bring on the veggies!" She is wise beyond her years. I am so proud of her for how she has fought this with such grace and smiles. And her faith in God is something that brings me and grown men to their knees! Her pastor is still flying over her news! He did a whole sermon on acceptance with grace with Em as the point of the sermon.
Ladies, You are all fantastic. You have given me strength when I thought we would lose her. You have lifted me up to heaven and kept my feet on the ground. I can never say thank you enough. So like Emily, I will pray a prayer of thanks for you and I love you too! Hugs, Jan

God Bless you and your family. Emily is very blessed to have someone like you who is totally grounded in the Lord.
You and she definitely know where thy help comes from.
Blessings, shirleyj