PDA

View Full Version : May I?

Sandy Navas
September 8th, 2015, 06:22 PM
I am so very, very sorry. But I am sitting here giggling, actually LMBOFAO . . .

What does it take to resurrect a message that is over FOUR years old and start welcoming someone who only logged onto the forum ONCE?

Should I go welcome this person???? I don't think she's coming back . . .

K. McEuen
September 8th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I never understood why people don't pay attention to the dates ...

quiltsRfun
September 8th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Must have missed that one, both times. LOL

Hulamoon
September 8th, 2015, 07:17 PM
Did they resurrect themselves?

Altairss
September 8th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Its the zombies Sandy, we can blame the zombies!

Altairss
September 8th, 2015, 07:24 PM
or maybe the squirrels????????

Hulamoon
September 8th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Its the zombies Sandy, we can blame the zombies!

Ahh no wonder I'm watching a marathon of Z nation.

TMP
September 8th, 2015, 07:34 PM
That is too funny. How did it end up back at the top of the list ?

K. McEuen
September 8th, 2015, 07:44 PM
That is too funny. How did it end up back at the top of the list ?

Someone did a search on their location, saw someone that lived close and commented without looking to see the thread was 4 years old. Happens all the time.

shirleyknot
September 8th, 2015, 07:47 PM
or maybe the squirrels????????

Naa! Just the nuts.

Monique
September 8th, 2015, 08:59 PM
I wish there was some way to 'clean up' the membership list. Can it be done Karen?

shirleyknot
September 8th, 2015, 09:15 PM
I know it can (been there) but it is a lot of time-consuming work.

Carrie J
September 8th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Archives are great aren't they? LMBO!

K. McEuen
September 8th, 2015, 10:21 PM
I wish there was some way to 'clean up' the membership list. Can it be done Karen?

I clean up spam accounts when I see them. In order to clean out "inactive" people, it would first have to be determined what makes an account fall into that category and first and foremost, permission would have to be given to even do that. Some people might make an account to read and look at pictures and never say a word.

Lori63
September 8th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Lol, I saw that earlier today. I always look at the date of the original post, thought everyone did!

Hulamoon
September 8th, 2015, 11:06 PM
I join groups to look at pictures. But I do say how nice too. :(

irishrn
September 9th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Saw that post and had to laugh! I sometimes get behind on my welcomes, but that was really behind!!!

rebeccas-sewing
September 9th, 2015, 09:05 AM
I never look back at old threads. I always go directly to "New Posts." I really don't understand why anyone wants to look way back at postings but I guess if they haven't been on the site for a while they want to catch up. Four years ago seems kinda crazy. I don't like having to look at the date to see when something was posted. It's a pain in the patoot. If I read something and start wondering I'll stop and look at the date and think to myself - "What the heck???"

buckeyequilter
September 9th, 2015, 09:53 AM
I had to go find it...LOL

DanielaK
September 9th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I am so very, very sorry. But I am sitting here giggling, actually LMBOFAO . . .

What does it take to resurrect a message that is over FOUR years old and start welcoming someone who only logged onto the forum ONCE?

Should I go welcome this person???? I don't think she's coming back . . .

Sandy, you crack me up! I am on here quite often and never sign in, WHY you ask... Because I forget my password. I have the PW saved at my desktop, but not on other devices. hahaha. I can't wait to see the forum gang at the end of the month. I took off Thursday to come see y'all.

snippet
September 9th, 2015, 12:16 PM
ooo was it me? I don't usually check the dates of the posts because I click on "New Posts" and "New Group Messages" and read those.

edited to add: whew, wasn't me. I found the thread. That IS funny.

I'd think if the person has less than 5 posts and hasn't logged on here in 3 years, then delete them. If they don't log on, then they aren't reading messages from their account and don't need it. Let them read from the guest view.

Pat.W
September 9th, 2015, 04:16 PM
"Some people might make an account to read and look at pictures and never say a word."

LOL, that's me, I read the forum posts every day, but never have anything to say for myself.......I lead a very boring life.......but get lots of time to sew. :lol:

Sandy Navas
September 9th, 2015, 05:10 PM
"Some people might make an account to read and look at pictures and never say a word."

LOL, that's me, I read the forum posts every day, but never have anything to say for myself.......I lead a very boring life.......but get lots of time to sew. :lol:

It doesn't matter if you post or not - I tried (believe me, I tried) just to lurk around. You can do a guest view and don't need an account to do that. But, if you have an account and do log on the system tracks that - if you look at anyone's profile you can see the last time they actually logged on.

We can tell, Pat, that you look in now and then . . . and it would be great if you shared a wee bit of what sewing you have done. We love pictures.

Peggi
September 10th, 2015, 02:38 AM
I really don't understand why anyone wants to look way back at postings but I guess if they haven't been on the site for a while they want to catch up.

Not everyone visits the forum the same way. Some people do a Google search for a specific thing and stumble onto posts that use those key words or phrases, and don't realize that the topic they're replying to is old.

redcaboose1717
September 10th, 2015, 04:20 AM
Lol, I saw that earlier today. I always look at the date of the original post, thought everyone did!

no....not everyone. I have occasionally posted and then figured out later that I commented on something that was an "old" post. It's only happened once or twice, but I have done it. I must admit I do try to look now to see when the original "post" was made, just to make sure......but then again, I am sure that there will come a time where I will post another comment to a post that's older than the hills !

dwil23
September 10th, 2015, 08:42 AM
I look at the New Threads also, but I think a lot of it has to do with the search function on here. I have looked for a word or phrase from a post made in the last few days and come up with only threads that are several years old.

I also started to welcome someone back who has not posted in a couple of years recently because one of her posts made it's way to the top of the list, then realized how old it was, and how many of the ones that responded are not active anymore.