PDA

View Full Version : Tuesdays - a day to appreciate

Blondie
September 8th, 2015, 05:54 AM

Hello folksies!

I would love to say that the holiday weekend was fantastic but let's just say, we kept quiet. As in " I am having a migraine, keep the heckfire shoot quiet". I could feel it coming on for a week or two. These days mine are generally triggered I believe by allergens. I have been out of my meds for about a month. I use zyrtec and kept forgetting to get some. Claritin, benedryl, etc none of them do for me all that zyrtec does. Saturday morning after I finished my morning work, I returned home and went to bed in the dark room. Still darkness is my friend. We got the zyrtec and execdrin for migraine and together they worked it out. My head is still sore but not banging. I am thankful there were no fireworks this holiday as I had my own going on in my head. I didn't think there would be so many allergens or whatever I get exposed to happening at the moment but there are leaves starting to fall believe it or not. And I do like working outside doing my thang. Of course, it may not even have been from the lack of zyrtec but something altogether different. As long as I can sit up with my head upright I am good to go.

Since I had a reprieve from cleaning, cooking, laundry, guess who has a lot of catching up to do?

Have a wonderful day. Blessings and smiles all around!

dwil23
September 8th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Glad you are feeling better!

Starting my weekend off early - yay! A lot of stuff to do at home - lots of that "catching up" and lots of sewing. Starting to get a little stressed by what I need/want to do by Christmas.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day - prayers for all in need.

redcaboose1717
September 8th, 2015, 06:35 AM
Blondie,
So sorry to hear that you suffer from the dreaded migraine headaches .....I started having headaches years ago, when I was a child in the 1st grade, however they didn't know what caused them way back then, first they thought that I needed eye glasses etc.. Finally when I was 32 yrs old my primary ordered a CT-scan and it was discovered I had hydrocephalus....seems I was born with it(even though I didn't have any outward "signs" of the disease . I was shunted within a couple of days but have had issues ever since. I had to go on disability after a few years due to all the problems I have had....so it hasn't been a barrel of laughs I must say.
Well, I am up because I can't sleep either, but this is a normal process for me ......I have my nights that I am in so much pain that it's just not worth to even try to go to bed at all.
Take care.

shermur
September 8th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Mornin', sweet Blondie. I'm so sorry you fought the bad headaches this weekend....I hope you get better soon.

We didn't venture out much this weekend...it was just too darn hot! I did some sewing...I finished piecing a table runner from Farm Girl Vintage (Bee in my Bonnet) and I created 3 test blocks from a 2010 McCalls Quilting pattern.

This three day weekend went really fast...and I hopefully caught up on enough sleep I was missing. Work has been such a stress and I now wonder what I got myself into. I could kick myself for not striving to keep searching for a job that fits me perfectly. Or, maybe it doesn't exist in my environment. The thought of dragging myself to a job (it took a year to find)....I have now grown to despise. Yet, right now, I feel I have no other choice but to suffer through the disappointment out of desperation.....

IT is very evident, that my little family and I are on our own. No cook-outs, no invitations, no commradary. Just existing and keeping our noises above the water.......

Plentziana
September 8th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Good morning everyone,Blondie´m so their discomfort with allergies, in my family have no such problems but I know people who suffer and is so annoying, say the beginning of autunm is as dangerous as the spring by falling leaves and fruits and the change to obscure station, I soon follow this well and delighting with their good humor and cheerful outlook of life

Carol336
September 8th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Good morning everyone. Sorry your weekend was such a bummer Blondie, but so glad the zyrtec worked it's magic.
We had a crazy weekend. Nephew and his lovely wife are visiting us from Colorado, and our air conditioning decided to pick this weekend to just stop working. Thank heavens it has not been too hot. A couple of cheap fans seem to be doing the trick, and thank goodness the repairman is supposed to make it here today.

My lovely niece, Carrie Lynn is a quilter and she has talked me into making a quilt to hang on one of the living room walls in our new condo. We got online and watched a bunch of Jennys tutorials, narrowed it down to a couple and finally settled on the Disappearing Hourglass. Mine will be a little smaller that Jenny's. So then Carrie Lynn marched me, armed with pillow cushions from the couch, to the quilt store to pick just the right fabric for my project. Two hours later we emerged from the shop with the most luscious fabrics imaginable. Of course Jenny's tute uses Layer Cakes, but since we wanted to get started before she leaves on Thursday, and none of the shops around here carry Layer Cakes Carrie Lynn decided that we would cut our own. Now those of you who know me at all know that I am not so great at cutting.....to say I'm a little nervous is the understatement of the decade!!! Sooo - the Layer Cake cutting begins today, and we'll hopefully be able to get one block done before that plane departs for Colorado on Thursday. Stay tuned.......

Monique
September 8th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Blondie, so sorry to hear about your weekend. I used to suffer from migraines way back in the day. I can remember having to go to emergency when I was pregnant with Greg. Once I stopped the birth control they seemed to go away. I even had silent migraines for a while too.

Carol, you won't have a problem cutting that fabric into 10" squares.

It was a very busy weekend here with the Fair going on. The two girls stayed with us while Phil & Jodi camped out at the fair. Phil hurt his ankle on Sat. night bad enough that he went to emergency on Sunday morning. Very bad sprain. So they went home Sunday afternoon. Sunday night I had dinner with friends as Les was with his mother. Yesterday was wild plum jelly making day. Someone failed to inform that you shouldn't be doing this on such a hot day. OYE!! Sweating bullets to say the least. Went for a lovely swim at my sister-in-law's and had supper with Les and Mother. Put a load of wash on for him (he doesn't know how to run the washing machine) and stayed until I popped it into the dryer. He works days today and looks like he may be home tonight. His sister is coming back today (Thank GOD!!) to stay I hope).

Laundry going on right now. The floor needs to be washed. Then hopefully I can get into my sewing room. I've got the sewing itch going on.

By the way, the jelly jellified over night.

Have a wonderful Tuesday friends.

Lori63
September 8th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Good morning all:)

Blondie, so sorry to hear you had a migraine all weekend:(, glad you are feeling better now. We had DGD most of the weekend. She's at such a fun age, 18 months. I was even able to get quite a bit of sewing in too. She loves pushing the button to start my embroidery machine and watching it sew on it's own.

It's back to work for me today, not looking forward to it, but it must be done. I usually work 4 10 hour days, but because of training this week, I'll work half days on Thursday and Friday. Kitties go to the vet Thursday afternoon for their yearly check up.

My goal this week is to sew a little every night, and not sit my lazy behind on the sofa after dinner and do nothing.

Have a great day!

DeniseSm
September 8th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Blondie, sorry to hear about your migraine. Glad you are feeling better.

aliaslaceygreen
September 8th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Migraines are the pits! Sorry you had to suffer all weekend! I have reached the place where I have an aural migraine first, so I know to run to the meds and the CAFFIENE!!!!
Work today--I was off yesterday but mostly because it was my scheduled day off... Miss Laylabug starts preschool this morning.... where DOES the time go?

Ginny B
September 8th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Good morning all. Blondie, so sorry to hear about your migraine. Glad you are feeling some relief now. Back to work today. We had a good weekend. Some beachtime on Sunday, a bunch of cooking: I did a big pot of chicken soup to go into the freezer for when it starts turning cool, marinara sauce with some delish roma tomatoes from a farm we went to Saturday, stuffed peppers for Sundays dinner and then yesterday dh made some ribs with his homemade basting sauce. Yum. I also got some time in my sewing room and worked on a COC and a quilt for our little granddaughter arriving in November.

Now back to work today. "Summer dress down" policy is over as well as 4:00 Fridays. :( Off I go to get this day moving.

Have a great day everyone

Granny Judy
September 8th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Hope the headaches are all gone by the time you read this... for you and for me. I woke up with mine and yes, it is the allergens. Just waiting for the meds & caffeine to kick in so I can get this day going.

I don't have much planned for the to do list today. Just painting an old file cabinet for the sewing room. I need more storage space for my fat quarters.. and other precuts. I gotta stop buying and do more sewing.. unfortunately there is too many NEW fibers available every month that I can not resist.

Sure is Purdy stuff to decorate with..!! And I do have a bunch of Christmas gifts to make!! Oh, dear.. another Squirrel moment just happened. Gotta stay away from the Daily Deal... it's so tempting.

Grandma Nan
September 8th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Oh Blondie, so sorry that you suffered through the weekend. You have my empathy. I remember I used to get them but thankfully not any more. Sometimes after a bad one my hair and scalp would hurt. Those are bad things and sorry you didn't have your meds.

We got home from Myrtle Beach on Saturday. My youngest daughter, SIL and 2 grands were here for 2 days. Everything is going back to normal today, heart pillows this morning and then I am going to help my dad do applesauce. Leave there and then having 12 for hamburgers and birthday cake tonight so another busy day. Tomorrow is also a write off with appointments and quilting guild so I don't think I can get to my sewing room til Thursday.

Still have a couple of things to prep for the Forum Retreat and need to get things organized. Its less than 2 weeks away before we leave so I need to get crackin'

The weather is still really hot here and I am loving it as long as my AC keeps working for nighttime sleeping. My friend brought me over a big and I mean big box of beets which I have to get put down for the winter too. We love beets but this is quite a bit more than I usually do. Its ok though, cause they are so super good for you. I am really trying to work towards eating less processed foods and sticking to the 100 mile diet when it is possible.

Better get going as time is fleeting and I'm still in my jammies.

Hope everyone has a great day.

JCY
September 8th, 2015, 09:55 AM
On Labor Day I labored! I've been working for >a wk. to clear the spot where I want to put the new Tiara II. I have been reorganizing & deep cleaning my sewing room as well as the fam. rm., where I have my cutting table. Normally, I have fabric spread out over the back of the couch depending on which project I'm working. I bought various sizes of Sterlite storage drawers & containers. Fabric now is sorted basically by 5" charms, 10" layer cakes, project, by color, floral, children's/baby, patriotic, etc. DH was able to help me lever up the heavy beast of the hide-a-bed so I could put furniture glides under the legs. Now it's much easier to move. That had to be moved prior to getting my space ready. So the spot now is ready. Just waiting for delivery, hopefully one day this week. It feels good to have things cleaned, dusted, organized. I definitely have sore muscles today & I'm very tired, but glad for all that's been accomplished.

I hope everyone has a good week, free of migraines & other health problems. Prayers for all those in need.

Sandy Navas
September 8th, 2015, 09:59 AM
No headaches here, but stuffy nose and woke up sneezing. Wishing I was close enough to grab some of Nan's beets. We seldom open processed food here - most of our cooking is fresh vegetables. We do love some vegetables.

Hope to quilt today - nothing ready to start on though. I need to get my red and white strip quilt ready for Al to load on the long arm. Other than that the main goal will be to do some PICU/NICU quilts I think.

Many good thoughts and wishes, warm fuzzies and friendship balls to everyone out there in quiltiland.

ceiliam
September 8th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Morning all Blondie hope the headache is gone , nasty things. Not much going on here. Been taking it easy , at least its at home, not in hospital. COC top done hoping to get it ready to quilt today. So that's my exciting plans for the day. Hope all have a safe wonderful day

Annette Ackley
September 8th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Hope your feeling better Blonde!!! No nice way to spend the weekend. I have Quilt guild tonight. We are having a guest speaker, who is 90 some years old. She is doing a trunk show. Heard from her DD, that she is so excited to do this. Bless her heart!! Can't wait till tonight. I've been busy working, sewing,and working!!! Took on a cleaning job to add to my schedule. At least I have 3 days off in a row. Next week, going on a much needed camping vacation. Looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather stays nice, but not so hot. Shouldn't complain, we all know what is coming up, just wish I could bottle all this heat up. Have a great day, off to do some house work!!!

SuzyQue
September 8th, 2015, 11:06 AM
After a wonderful weekend spent with our daughter, it is now time to get a couple of baby quilts quilted and bound. Fall is here, it seems and that means winter and Christmas and that new grand is coming quickly! So much to do and so little time! YIKES!