PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Wakes Up

kimsophia
September 8th, 2015, 02:33 AM
Hoot hoot! How's everybody doing? I need more coffee! :)

toggpine
September 8th, 2015, 02:54 AM
I have all but the last load of laundry finished! I'd put that one in the dryer, but it has Hubby's overalls in it and the metal clasps would bang around in the dryer drum.

We worked more outside today as well. The second Sitka willow came down along with a branch off of one of the Dogwoods. The Dogwood branch had heart rot. Thankfully, it didn't reach all the way to the main trunk. We didn't like cutting that tree, but it looks like it was a good thing after all. That branch could have taken out part of the new roof that we'll put on the garden shed when we rebuild it.
I cleaned out a bunch of spent plants from the herb and veggie garden too. We'll see what comes up next year from my wild sewing experiment. I dropped a bunch of seeds from the fennel plants along the fence line. The goats can nibble, but not destroy the plants in that location. I also scattered some Marshmallow (looks a lot like holly hock) and zinnias. Never hurts to try right?

I'm going to at least finish joining the last row on the couple of blocks I have left and possibly press them before heading to the freshly re-feathered nest for the night.
Happy hooting!
Cathy

P.S. I came back to correct a few things the iPad wanted to "help" me with. When I put in auto-incorrect it changed it to what you see below! This thing drives me nuts sometimes! C

redcaboose1717
September 8th, 2015, 03:42 AM
I am sleepless here too......I have been doing laundry as well. I have a Drs. appt later on today ( 2 pm ) .....
My sewing machine is still lounging away at the repair shop....getting it's yearly check-up. It's been there a week now. WOW...I haven't sewn an entire thing for a week LOL!!

TMP
September 8th, 2015, 04:05 AM
I can't sleep either. I think I am just overwhelmed with what I have left to do. We had a contractor completely redo 2 bathrooms and it was the worst mess you have ever seen in your life. The 3rd one they partially redid and I painted it myself. I have done all the painting in there that I can do until DH takes out the toilet, so I can paint behind it. This dust and mess has been going on since May. Its in every crook and cranny in this house. I am now painting the Master Bedroom so it will match the bath. I broke the roller pole and it slung paint everywhere. Just what I needed another mess. Dh is working out of town and will only be home for a few days next week, so I am working like a mad person trying to do what I can do myself without his help.

Lightwriter
September 8th, 2015, 06:07 AM
Yesterday was a long day of sewing! I don't usually get a whole day in. That being said, don't feel like I accomplished as much as I had hoped. The FMQ is going very slow as I have to rest my shoulders often...so I work on fusing the applique on the Row x Row. Some of the rows are very fiddly. My favorites so far have been three rows that came with laser cut fused applique pieces!

The row I started yesterday gave you the pattern for rain boots, but told you to change the sizes by reducing on a copier. No copier in this house. I had to take time to scan them in the computer and change the sizes in Photoshop. Took some guessing to get the three different sizes right. Then the directions really didn't tell you how to assemble background. After fiddling with this on and off yesterday I was glad I had all those years experience doing bulletin boards at school and learning how to put together pieces that didn't want to fit and making it look ok. Still working on that row!

Dr. Appt today in another town. Not much sewing on tap for today.

Have a good Tuesday!

DeniseSm
September 8th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Couldn't sleep for worrying about my next pain management session with the doctor today. Hope this one works better than the first two.

Granny Judy
September 8th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I am awake... 4:30 am. Slept so sound I now have a stiff neck and headache. Will be calling my doc today for a check up visit.. thinking that my thyroid pills are part of the problem of jitters and sleepless nights. Then I crash and sleep too sound.

Got a painting project all set up.. large filing cabinet (METAL) is now outside awaiting my touch.. It's been painted before, but got all dinged up when I moved it here. I cleaned it all out last week and intend to get it ready to hold fabric!! It's the last of my old office furniture from the farm.. (20+years ago).

DD goes for her PET scan today to see how much of the tumor is left following her last round of Chemo. Getting ready for the surgical part of her treatment. Possibly scheduled for the end of this month. Just getting all the tests done and to the surgeon first.

kimsophia
September 8th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Toggpine, if the goats eat fennel does their milk taste like fennel?

Redcaboose, Lightwriter and DeniseSm, hope your doctor's appointments go well today. And GrannyJudy, hope you get an appointment scheduled soon! Prayers going up for all...

TMP, that sounds exhausting to be living in a construction zone all these months! Having a paint splash sounds like something that would happen to me.

This morning I finally talked to Aunt Vi! She is improving but they are working on getting her sodium levels up so she's on fluid restrictions and a saline IV drip. She doesn't sound depressed to me...same old Aunt Vi, with her sense of humor and irony intact, which I find very encouraging. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for her. She says thanks, too! :)

I got another little counted cross stitch "quilt block" done last night. I also fixed a headband that I had been inspired to make from that Crafty Gemini. Mine is batik on both sides. The elastic was too loose. :)