PDA

View Full Version : Kira is here!

Elaine21
September 7th, 2015, 09:12 PM
We went today to pick Kira up. We took her to meet my kids and my two young grandsons and she was a sweetheart to them. After a quick visit with my best friend to show her the new puppy, we loaded her up in the car for the 3.5 hour drive home. We only had to make one stop on the way home for a pee break and to drink some water, and she was good as gold. She never made a peep at any point....no fights trying to get her car harness on, or getting her in the car and buckled up. When we finally got home, she came alive and really began acting like a puppy and playing with her new toys. She ate her dinner, drank more water, and did her business when taken outside. I know every day won't be this easy, but today was an awesome day!117456117457117458117459

Sandy Navas
September 7th, 2015, 09:20 PM
She has grown!!!! Thanks for the update, Elaine. She is just gorgeous.

Carrie J
September 7th, 2015, 09:31 PM
She HAS grown! What a gorgeous gal she is! Thanks for the pics and update................she looks like a real love!

Hulamoon
September 7th, 2015, 09:41 PM
What a beautiful dog! She's going to be so much fun!

LizTheScot
September 7th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Oh, now I have puppy envy! I hope she's sufficiently tired out by her first day home that she sleeps through the night.

tnmtgrl
September 7th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Beautiful baby !!!

grandma nurse
September 7th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Kira is a beautiful puppy. Have fun loving on her.

auntiemern
September 7th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Beautiful girl. Congrats on the new baby.

YellowCockatiel
September 8th, 2015, 01:22 AM
She's beautiful! Have fun with your new furbaby.

stationarymom
September 8th, 2015, 01:43 AM
Congrats! She is a beautiful pup.

rebeccas-sewing
September 8th, 2015, 05:19 AM
I know where I'd be if she was mine. On the floor spending lots of time in cuddle position. She's so pretty. Sounds like you are getting off to a good start.

songbird857
September 8th, 2015, 11:29 AM
She's a beauty!! May I suggest getting an antler from the pet store for her to chew? When Ella was small and chewing EVERYTHING, I found out about them and it made a big difference. She loves to chew her antler and they last quite a while!

Sylvia H
September 8th, 2015, 11:38 AM
She is pawsitively gorgeous.

Elaine21
September 8th, 2015, 11:43 AM
She's a beauty!! May I suggest getting an antler from the pet store for her to chew? When Ella was small and chewing EVERYTHING, I found out about them and it made a big difference. She loves to chew her antler and they last quite a while!
Thanks for the suggestion! I've seen them in the pet store but wasn't sure if she was a little young for it. I see a trip to PetSmart in her near future!

Granny Fran
September 8th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Your GS's are cuties. Kira sure looks like she is one of the pack.

lmanna
September 8th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Super adorable. Enjoy !

irishrn
September 8th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Oh my she is beautiful!! And I love her name..... Enjoy the puppy breath!

lapeoples
September 8th, 2015, 06:59 PM
There's nothing like a puppy. She's beautiful.

Simply Quilting
September 9th, 2015, 12:46 AM
What a beautiful puppy! Please be sure to supervise her when she is chewing on something. When our dog was younger, she got a piece of raw hide wedged in the roof of her mouth. It took a little while for us to be able to get it out. Thankfully, it happened when we were home and not when we were gone running errands. She is only allowed certain toys when we are home to supervise. Also never give her something (like an old sock) similar to something (your good clothes) that you would not want her chewing on - they are unable to tell the difference as both are clothing.

Elaine21
September 9th, 2015, 10:26 AM
What a beautiful puppy! Please be sure to supervise her when she is chewing on something. When our dog was younger, she got a piece of raw hide wedged in the roof of her mouth. It took a little while for us to be able to get it out. Thankfully, it happened when we were home and not when we were gone running errands. She is only allowed certain toys when we are home to supervise. Also never give her something (like an old sock) similar to something (your good clothes) that you would not want her chewing on - they are unable to tell the difference as both are clothing.

She is only ever given chew toys when my husband or myself is with her, and we make sure they are in tact before and after. At this stage of her life she isn't left alone as she is being housebroken. (She is doing really well with it, not sure who is training whom really. LOL). When she gets to the point where she can be left alone, it will be without toys for safety reasons. ��

redcaboose1717
September 9th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Kira is gorgeous ! .......Is she a Siberian Husky or a Alaskian Klee Kai ? I loved my Siberian Husky Tiana......I would love to get another Husky, they are such wonderful dogs. Tiana was so smart, so loving....and so easy to train. I don't ever remember our Tiania any "accidents " in the house ever. She was such as good girl. Seeing your Kira makes me miss Tiana all the more.

Elaine21
September 9th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Kira is gorgeous ! .......Is she a Siberian Husky or a Alaskian Klee Kai ? I loved my Siberian Husky Tiana......I would love to get another Husky, they are such wonderful dogs. Tiana was so smart, so loving....and so easy to train. I don't ever remember our Tiania any "accidents " in the house ever. She was such as good girl. Seeing your Kira makes me miss Tiana all the more.

Kira is a purebred Siberian Husky. ��