PDA

View Full Version : Light Bulbs

TMP
September 6th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a nice restful fun long weekend. My husband is working out of town in Va for a few months. He was out exploring yesterday ( he usually finds some where to hike). Just about fell out of my chair,
couldn't believe where he was going. He had seen signs to a Quilt museum and was trying to find it!! hmm My love for quilts must be wearing off on him...

Sorry, lost my trend of thought here. I have complained to no end about the lighting in my sewing room. I have clip on lights on stuff, an otto lamp ect. I even had an electrician give me ideas ( that would involve destroying the ceiling and cant afford that). I have a ceiling fan that has four bulbs. I went to Home Depot and bought some Philips Daylight 60 watt LED bulbs. OH WOW you will not believe the difference. They are a little pricey to me but given the fact they last about 18 years kind of off sets the cost. I think I am going to gradually replace all the bulbs in dark areas of the house with these. I just love em

Happy Labor Day Weekend !!

Midge
September 6th, 2015, 10:54 AM
You are so right. The difference in light is noticeable and very welcome. And they sip power. It's likely I will never replace a bulb in any of my fixtures again.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 6th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I installed them in my kitchen fixtures that are 12 feet high! Cost me $200 to replace z5 bulbs, but then I don't have to get a tall guy in to replace them every year! Very much of an improvement!

Glad the quilt bug has bitten your DH!

toggpine
September 6th, 2015, 04:44 PM
I'm looking for new light options in my space too. I have no light fixture in the ceiling at all.
I have an older low voltage wire system that worked really well until the converter box melted.
I was at Home Depot and I saw some very viable track lighting options. I should be able to get all the light I need and still be able to plug it into the wall socket that is controlled by the wall switch. The cost should be just under $200 for the plug converter and the extra light set I want.
Not necessarily cheap, but still much less than an electrician to cut holes in my ceilings and walls. AND, I can do it myself.