PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Night Owl

kimsophia
September 6th, 2015, 01:45 AM
Hoot hoot! I hope everyone is feeling healthy and happy! I am! I'm not sure if I will do applique or counted cross stitch tonight but both are pleasant choices. How are yooooo? @,@

RockinLou
September 6th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Hello!! I'm good, I have some appliques I'm working on for a wall hanging... I just cant decide if I want to blanket stitch by hand, straight stitch and leave a rough edge or if I want to use a narrow buttonhole stitch... I like he look of the machine buttonhole stitch but I don't trust my skills, so I will probable just straight stitch and leave a rough edge... it is already Heat-N-Bonded.

Of course it is daytime here in Kaz. but who's keeping track?? :)

Lightwriter
September 6th, 2015, 01:56 AM
Short nap, woke up. Guess no sleep tonight.

Got very little done yesterday sewing wise. Grocery store, mowing, and going out to supper ate up day.

Nearby town had 1,000 kids out of school Friday due to a noravirus. Sure hope it doesn't come visiting this way.

Have a good Sunday all!

jjkaiser
September 6th, 2015, 02:15 AM
Just got home from work. The last 24 hrs have been manic, one thing after another. I feel like a hamster in the wheel. Finally getting a chance to relax, glass of wine at my elbow, comfy in my jammies. No sewing tonight for me, I am tired of having to do any more thinking today! Plus I am sure whatever I attempted to sew would have to be ripped out tomorrow. Babysat and dog sat at my DD's last night. Slept on the couch there cause it just felt too weird to sleep in DD and her BF's bed. So my very own bed will definitely feel extra good tonight!!

sewlucky
September 6th, 2015, 02:24 AM
I haven't sewn a stitch today, however I did take a drive out to one of the small town quilt shops I visited during row by row with hubby to buy some delicious Mammoth flannel the shop just got in (as advertised on Facebook).. I won't tell hubby I could have got it at the quilt shop down the street, lol. Actually, I didn't know myself what Mammoth flannel was until I saw it in person when I got to the shop and touched it. I backed a quilt with the same stuff last year for a dear friend of mine who lost her husband last fall at this time. The flannel is in plaids and is super soft, yarn dyed. It totally made the quilt that much more special! Today's purchase is for my Row by Row quilt...for me!!! I will see if I can find a link.

I also ended up buying a Clover needle threader. I had bought one last year that didn't work and I took it back. The owner at the quilt shop showed me how it works and when I decided to buy it she even took the new one out of the package to insure that I could work it, lol. It's getting hard for me to see to thread the needle for my hand stitching so I'm anxious to put this thing to work.

Terri

sewlucky
September 6th, 2015, 02:27 AM
This is the flannel. Robert Kaufman Fabrics: Mammoth Flannel: Fabrics (http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/mammoth_flannel/) Seriously delicious and worth the extra cost!!! I got the Crimson with the most gold in it.

Terri

jjkaiser
September 6th, 2015, 02:28 AM
Clover needle threader YES!! I could not hq without mine!!

toggpine
September 6th, 2015, 02:46 AM
I tried to take some of the goats to the sale today, but when I arrived there there was a sign on the door saying No Sale. WHAT???
I delivered the other two goats to their new home. I'll try to take them next weekend.
When I returned home, Hubby was cutting down the willow tree that lost it's top in the last ice storm. I helped clean that up and fix the fence well enough to keep the bucks in. The pasture needed some other grooming while we were at it. The bucks are starting to get pretty fragrant with the approach of breeding season. We wanted this set of tasks over sooner rather than later.
We were pretty wiped out by the end of the day. I'm heading for bed here in a few minutes, as we have more work for tomorrow.

kimsophia
September 6th, 2015, 05:08 AM
Hmmm....tried some Steam a Seam 2 and I don't know if the package I picked up at Goodwill was too old, or what, but I couldn't get the paper to peel off after ironing. I'm hoping a glue stick will be more helpful. Watched "Up in the Air" with George Clooney. An interesting film but I'm not sure I buy the ending.

RockinLou
September 6th, 2015, 05:14 AM
Hmmm....tried some Steam a Seam 2 and I don't know if the package I picked up at Goodwill was too old, or what, but I couldn't get the paper to peel off after ironing. I'm hoping a glue stick will be more helpful. Watched "Up in the Air" with George Clooney. An interesting film but I'm not sure I buy the ending.

My Heat -N -Bond is a few years old and not as nice as it is brand new, I imagine the glues decompose over time.

I agree with you on the movie, it was entertaining but the ending was a bit blah ... I liked that it went against the grain, and I know some frequent flyer corporate America women that could probably pull that same business off if they wanted to, but in my experience they are too darn tired from juggling work and parenting to have the energy!

RockinLou
September 6th, 2015, 05:14 AM
Toggpine, I am tired just reading your post!!

Claire Hallman
September 6th, 2015, 11:55 AM
This is the flannel. Robert Kaufman Fabrics: Mammoth Flannel: Fabrics (http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/mammoth_flannel/) Seriously delicious and worth the extra cost!!! I got the Crimson with the most gold in it.

Terri

That is all just gorgeous. It makes me want a flannel shirt in each one. I almost want to order some to do that but I don't like sewing garments.:icon_heh:

jjkaiser
September 6th, 2015, 12:00 PM
I am in love with George Clooney. I would watch him even doing a dog food commercial. I am sure the dogs would fall all over him too!

Claire Hallman
September 6th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Hello!! I'm good, I have some appliques I'm working on for a wall hanging... I just cant decide if I want to blanket stitch by hand, straight stitch and leave a rough edge or if I want to use a narrow buttonhole stitch... I like he look of the machine buttonhole stitch but I don't trust my skills, so I will probable just straight stitch and leave a rough edge... it is already Heat-N-Bonded.

Of course it is daytime here in Kaz. but who's keeping track?? :)
Here is a link to a video that helped me with applique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x7ZH1x_dXw

toggpine
September 6th, 2015, 01:38 PM
That flannel does look cozy. I bet that would make a super snuggly quilt back.

'Lou, The goats get to do most of the clean up from the willow tree take-down. The leaves and bark are good for them, especially the older girls who are getting a bit creaky. It functions like aspirin, and I'll collect some of the leaf clusters and small twigs for winter use. Cheaper and safer than using modern pharmaceuticals for minor problems.
We needed to get this one down before it fell down on its own and took out the chicken shed (another re-build project) and the fence. It was much easier to deal with a day of our choosing instead of during one of Mother Nature's! She likes those storm-filled days for tree removal.
I need to go pick up the neighbor's dogs from the boarding kennel today. Their flight has been delayed and they won't get home before the kennel closes. The dogs will be fine at the house for a few hours and everybody will be happy to be home.
As long as it's raining today I get to sew! Who Hoo!
Catch you all later!

sewlucky
September 6th, 2015, 01:52 PM
That is all just gorgeous. It makes me want a flannel shirt in each one. I almost want to order some to do that but I don't like sewing garments.:icon_heh:

The quilt store lady said she keeps thinking she wants a housecoat out of it! The price at Hancocks of Paducah on the Mammoth is very good... ;)

RockinLou
September 6th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Here is a link to a video that helped me with applique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x7ZH1x_dXw

awesome!! Now I have another choice!! :-)