PDA

View Full Version : Saturday!

Ginny B
September 5th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Good morning. The weekend is finally here. It's been a jam-packed week at work and looks like it will be that way for a while. I woke up at 5:38 and thought about getting up as usual but decided against it and went back to sleep for a couple more hours. So now the cat is fed, I'm sipping my tea and I've been catching up on emails, blogs, the forum and watched some you tube tutorials. Think I'm going to make some stuffed pumpkins. 🎃

Today is going to be a real nice day so I think I will spend part of it working in the yard. We will probably take a trip up to a farm market for what fresh veggies and fruit we need for the week and then later I will spend time in my sewing room. And after today, I still have 2 days off! 😁

Have a super Saturday everyone.

CrazyMtnLady
September 5th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Good morning Ginny and all my quilting friends. Beautiful day here in the Ozarks. Guess I need to get out there and do some wood gathering and preparing for the winter ahead.. just like a squirrel gathering nuts... lol

Finally got my sewing area cleaned out and ready to get back into sewing this fall. Now where did I put that tub of material? I have a ton of UFOs to complete and want to start something special for our friend that was here this summer helping out. No idea what I want to make yet though.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

hugs

Magicquilts
September 5th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Your day or weekend, sounds alot like mine! I am thankful it's three days off!
Looking forward to relaxing and getting some quilting done. :)

ceiliam
September 5th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Morning all no ambitions today except let me out of hospital ran to insta care thought bladder infection took straight through er. Turn out had kidney stone with infection behind the stone plus bladder infec sigh. I wasn't to sew I want my own bed I want my fur babies. Think hopefully get to go home today. I have coc quilt ready to start quilting. Love this idea thanks Blondie. Have a great day all

Sandy Navas
September 5th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Morning all no ambitions today except let me out of hospital ran to insta care thought bladder infection took straight through er. Turn out had kidney stone with infection behind the stone plus bladder infec sigh. I wasn't to sew I want my own bed I want my fur babies. Think hopefully get to go home today. I have coc quilt ready to start quilting. Love this idea thanks Blondie. Have a great day all

Sounds as if you need the COC quilt yourself. Sure hope they don't keep you long - we need you up and running around. Those kidney issues can be bad news. Glad you got treatment right away - that will make for a speedier recovery.

Who knows what the day will bring. Al wants to mow (my mower is still in the shop and probably will never come out - I killed it) - but he said it is way too wet to mow - the humidity has been so high around here and it takes a bit for the grass to dry out with all this shade around us.

I have a couple sewing projects I think I'll try to get out of the way and the decide what project to jump on next.

Sure hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - stay well, stay safe, stay happy and enjoy.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 5th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Good morning all! I fell asleep early, so that meant I woke up early, full of vim and vigor and anxious to put together a quilt I finished the blocks for last night. I combined machine embroidery and 9 patch blocks for an Irish chain quilt. It was a test run with my new embroidery machine, and the first project turned out just great! I got the top together, minus borders, which I hope to do later this weekend. I ran to the car wash to remove my extensive bug collection on the front of my car from my trip to Hamilton last week. Those summer bugs sure are juicy! Had a bird strike also, that left quite a gooshy mark in the windshield!

Having fun putting some things together for the retreat. It's getting closer by the day! Hope I can get everything done by then!

Have a great holiday!

aliaslaceygreen
September 5th, 2015, 11:39 AM
I am closing. AGAIN. ARGH... And tomorrow. But I AM off on Monday, so.... Hopefully, by next week the new person who will do nights will have her codes and I can go back to hiding in my shop. My phone says I took 16,417 steps yesterday, just at work!!

It's hotter since it became September ...June was hot and July and August pleasant.... weird stuff....
Enjoy your sewing projects, ladies!!

JCY
September 5th, 2015, 05:34 PM
I'm just now getting to the Forum. I spent all morning in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup, totally from scratch. It made 9 qts. which went into the freezer. DH eats this every night for supper (among other things). After lunch & a break, I think I'm ready to do more sorting in the bsmt., getting ready for my new baby -- Baby Lock Tiara II, that is. I can see light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm not quite finished yet. All sewing has been at a stand still all week so I could clean & organize.

It's sunny; the high so far has been 96. I keep hoping the temps. will moderate soon. At least it cools off at night these days. Tomorrow is church; I play the organ this week.

I hope everyone has a good week-end.