PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for a new tv series to binge watch?

cyndiofthevortex
September 5th, 2015, 09:53 AM
DH and I just finished binge watching all the tv shows and movies from Agatha Christie's "Poirot" series on Netflicks or some such thing. Now what? Where do we go now? Any ideas would be more than welcome. We love almost any kind of show.

Marebear
September 5th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Downton Abbey, The Walking Dead, Orange is the new Black, Breaking Bad are just a few that I like.

Hulamoon
September 5th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Grace and Frankie looks fun. So does Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I have them both in my list. They are Netflix orginals.

Ahamblin
September 5th, 2015, 10:15 AM
I can't remember which ones are on Netflix and which ones are on Acorn but try Midsomer Murders, Miss Marple, Inspector Morse, Inspector Lewis (starts after Morse ended), Numb3rs, Blue Blood, Foyle's War. We are hooked on the British mystery series but Midsomer is our favorite along with Downton Abbey.

LizTheScot
September 5th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Dr Who and Foyle's War are two that I go back to frequently - my TV 'comfort food'. Once Upon a Time and Game of Thrones have been highly recommended to me by some normally-non-TV watching friends as being binge-worthy.

Magicquilts
September 5th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Game of Thrones is a great show but not on Netflicks. :( But so binge worthy!

Greys Anatomy is a great show that is on Netflicks. And it has like 11 seasons. :D

If you like paranormal stuff, Walking Dead is interesting. But I could only do an episode or two at a time. I couldn't binge watch.

And I would recommend Once Upon a Time. That one took me by surprise at how much I enjoyed that show.

Hulamoon
September 5th, 2015, 10:30 AM
House of cards with Kevin Spacey is good. It's a poliical drama. What makes it cool is that he talks to the audience.

Pandabear
September 5th, 2015, 10:34 AM
I second Midsomer Murders. Rosemary and Thyme are good too.

Currently I'm binge watching Doctor Who, Longmire and The X-Files. I love the supernatural stuff so Supernatural and Buffy the vampire slayer are in heavy rotation for me.

Sonic
September 5th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Continuum on Netflix.

cyndiofthevortex
September 5th, 2015, 10:53 AM
You guys are awesome.

Granny Fran
September 5th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Oh, yeah, I was going to recommend Longmire as well. DH and I loved that show. Also there are books the show is based on if you like a good read. Sorry, I cannot remember the author, but I got mine from the local library.

Preeti
September 5th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Big Bang Theory and Modern Family are my favorites.
Paul was upset when Longmire was cancelled. Guess, it is coming back.

LoveMyMachines
September 5th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Hulu has been my binge spot of choice while sewing. I have it on my computer over my sewing table. I liked watching Little Dorrit, Tess of the Duebervilles, Once Upon a Time, Nashville, and my new series is "The Astronauts Wives". :-) (among others) I find there is always some series I can pick up on Hulu!

JaniceR
September 5th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Big Bang Theory and Modern Family are my favorites.
Paul was upset when Longmire was cancelled. Guess, it is coming back.

Preeti, Longmire is coming back but only on Netflix not on the channel that used to carry it which I cannot remember at the moment!

My husband loves that show and in August we started binge watching Hart of Dixie on Netflix and both of us are really enjoying that one.

Grey Lady
September 5th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Have you seen Justified. It was hailed as the best show on TV for the last five years. The series is ended this year with season six. It was a Elmore Leonard police show. Awesome. The show ended one year earlier because of Mr. Leonard's death.

rebeccas-sewing
September 5th, 2015, 12:22 PM
We have really enjoyed the first two seasons of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Looking forward to another season. Her clothes are absolutely stunning and there's lots of fun in this series. Not dark and dreary like so many of the crime shows. My sister watches PBS quite frequently and there are lots of quality programs to watch. We had a wonderful time with all the seasons of "Lewis." We also loved "Foyle's War."

pcbatiks
September 5th, 2015, 12:28 PM
We have been working our way through Coach episodes from the early 90's.
Doc Martin is another good show.

TocanTango
September 5th, 2015, 12:39 PM
We don't watch much TV but ended up getting Longmire, Justified and Hell on Wheels....

Now I can't go to sleep unless I see Cullen Bohanan......... what a dream cake!

Midge
September 5th, 2015, 01:04 PM
All the British mysteries that were mentioned above are excellent. Especially Inspector Morse, which I can watch over and over. Now there is a new prequel to Morse called Endeavour (his first name). Also very good. If you love British mystery don't overlook The Fall starring Gillian Anderson. 2 seasons there. Also there is a New Zealand mystery starring Elizabeth Moss, one of the stars of Mad Men. The mystery is called Top of the Lake. Hinterland is set in Wales, also good. Also Mad Men, if you haven't seen it, is 7 seasons of retro 60s culture goodness. One of the best shows ever. Also Wallander - Kenneth Branagh stars. Have to say I adore Longmire and was mad it was canceled and glad Netflix picked it up. Very true to the books, too. If you want something more controversial/lots of violence, Breaking Bad is one of the best tv shows ever made about descent from the middle class to pure evil. In a similar vein of excellent writing and outstanding acting but a lot more violent is Sons of Anarchy. (Think Hamlet Prince of Denmark.) Any of the HBO series qualify as high quality, but they don't appear on Netflix. Probably your library has them, but if its like my library you have to join the waiting list to borrow them! I'd say start with Deadwood, historically based western canceled way way too soon. And of course Game of Thrones, but this is quite violent. Still, I have never in my life read a fantasy novel series since Lord of the Rings way back in college days. This series made me pick up the books I got so hooked on it.

DeniseSm
September 5th, 2015, 01:05 PM
My personal favorite is Sherlock from the BBC. Monk is very good, Eureka if you like science fiction, the early seasons of White Collar (it got pretty far fetched as the seasons progressed)

quiltsRfun
September 5th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Don't know if these are on Netflix but I enjoyed Sherlock, Poldark, Dr. Baker Mysteries (Australian), North and South (it's not what you think).

mommiepainter
September 5th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Revenge is my favorite Netflix show to watch. It was recommend to me and now I'm hooked.

sewlucky
September 5th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Friday Night Lights is an all time favourite of mine!!

Hulamoon
September 5th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Z Nation is a campy zombie series. I see that just got added to Netflix.

Dollyquilts
September 5th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I second Foyle's War. I'm binging on Medium right now.

cyndiofthevortex
September 5th, 2015, 03:32 PM
This is so much fun. I'm making a huge list!

LizTheScot
September 5th, 2015, 03:33 PM
This is so much fun. I'm making a huge list!

My To Watch list is now almost as long as my To Sew list......

nonnietomany
September 5th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Person of Interest

Elaine21
September 5th, 2015, 07:27 PM
I don't know if this is on Netflix, but I just finished watching Luther with Idris Elba. There are 3 seasons as of right now, but the 4th and last one is due out soon. Great series if you like crime/drama.

tesspug
September 5th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Miss Fishers Mysteries, Midsomer Murders, Lewis, Rosemary and Thyme, Sherlock. I love British mysteries.

kensington
September 5th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Downton Abby ... I started "Orange is the new Black"... Umm No thanks. We also started "House of Cards"... No thanks again.

For me it boils down to content... We just don't watch that junk...

And Nope... I don't watch any of the Vampire, zombie, blood and gore either. So, I guess I am no help at all with my G-rated mind.

We just got rid of Netflix and now we get "PureFlix" it's mostly movies.

Learner quilter
September 5th, 2015, 08:21 PM
The final series of Downton Abbey starts here soon, maybe watch reruns untill you get the next series.
If you like Foyle's War, Michael Kitchen was in a great drama called Dandelion Dead.

Peggi
September 5th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Suits!! I think it's the best show on tv right now!!

My list:

Suits
Orphan Black
Justified
Longmire
Elementary

And a couple that are worth re-watching:

West Wing
House

Hulamoon
September 5th, 2015, 08:45 PM
You know, there a lot of chef and food related movies and documentaries. They don't string together, but really interesting.

kensington
September 5th, 2015, 08:57 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Suits!! I think it's the best show on tv right now!!

My list:

Suits
Orphan Black
Justified
Longmire
Elementary

And a couple that are worth re-watching:

West Wing
House

Oh... I forgot about Suits and Elementary. And dh likes "Person of Interest"

Sheep Farmer
September 5th, 2015, 09:32 PM
You guys enjoy all the same shows that I do.
We just now became acquainted with the show "Justified," so we're binge-watching that now. :-)

Hulamoon
September 5th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I don't think zombies are junk. I think they are funny. If the apocalypse comes I'll know what to do. It's important training. lol

Carlie Wolf
September 5th, 2015, 10:33 PM
My sister mentioned that A Person of Interest was just starting on Netflix. There might be two seasons worth there or maybe just one. I'm going to give it a try.

icul8rg8r
September 5th, 2015, 10:41 PM
We just finished binge watching the FX show "Justified". It was great! Before that we binge watched "Dexter" which was very disturbing, but still loved it in a weird sorry of way! My girlfriends and I got caught up on Downton Abbey - loved it and can't wait for the final season which starts in January.

Oh, I forgot to mention Netfix's show House of Cards. Once I started I couldn't stop!

Kansas farm girl
September 5th, 2015, 11:44 PM
We watch PBS more than any other channel. I don't know how many of these are on Netflix as we can't get it.
Last Tango in Halifax,
Dci Banks
Scott & Bailey
Dr. Blake
Father Brown
Call the Midwife

Angelia
September 5th, 2015, 11:56 PM
I don't have Netflix--I use Amazon Prime. Some not yet mentioned--Warehouse 13, Fringe (John Noble is great in this), Firefly (only a short binge--it ended too soon), The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., Prime Suspect (Helen Mirren/BBC version)... so many. :) Buffy is my comfort food.

tamsterg7
September 6th, 2015, 12:30 AM
I am not much of a tv watcher - but I binge watched season 1 of Bloodline on netflix and cannot wait for season 2. Love Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights and Sissy Spacek and Sam Shepard are good in it to. The plot twists kept me riveted - so much that I forgot fo put a meatloaf in the oven. We were having company and I turned the oven on to pre-heat whilst binging. An hour and a half later (15 minutes before quests were due), I opened the door to check my meatloaf and was stunned! Thank goodness for microwaves lol.

Midge
September 6th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Fun to see what everyone likes to watch. Guess we skew heavily to the British shows, but maybe that has something to do with quality, lol. Zombies, yes. Sci fi in general yes and its in quite a renaissance lately. Forgot to mention how good Person of Interest is. It only has a few episodes this year to tie up the long plot and then it will be over.

If you want to try a zombie show that is a lot of fun as opposed to the seriousness of Walking Dead, watch iZombie. It's on the CW - not really a channel my tv knows very well. It has had one season. A zomcom. Adorable, really. And Z Nation is starting up soon. It's very campy.

Quiltfreestyle
September 6th, 2015, 01:30 AM
I don't think zombies are junk. I think they are funny. If the apocalypse comes I'll know what to do. It's important training. lol

You all know that quilting is a post-apocalyptic life skill, it's not just a hobby... Haha

kimsophia
September 6th, 2015, 01:43 AM
I second "North and South" (pssst...it's sorta about FABRIC) and "The Tudors" was just grand. And the Henry the VIII is super handsome. ;) If you like costume dramas...

tnmtgrl
September 6th, 2015, 09:16 AM
LONGMIRE!!!

Deegles
September 6th, 2015, 09:21 AM
I really love the show MONK. But it is not on netflicks, but definitely not new. Worth watching though. I need to just buy that series all seasons on disc. That used to be our Friday night ritual at our house. Pop a great big pan of popcorn on the stove and gather round the TV to watch as a family. I miss that.

Right now we are into Shaun the Sheep (which isn't on netflicks). I highly recommend that for family viewing too. Pretty funny stuff, and no dialogue.

Deegles
September 6th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Oh, forgot my fav....and there are a few episodes left on (cant remember now if it was hulu or netflicks). Dr Pol. It is about a vet who is very good at what he does with old remedies that are overlooked by newer vets. Plus his patients cannot tell him what is wrong. lol

Marta
September 6th, 2015, 10:11 AM
The first year of HBO's True Detective is the absolute best mini- series I have ever seen. I dont know what shows on US netflick but it should be on the HBO on Demand if you have it. Season 2 was not worth watching.

sewluvit
September 6th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Hubby and I just got caught up in "The Leftovers" on HBO video on demand. It's a drama, mystery, fantasy, thriller. Pretty well done so far, 2 % of the world's population disappeared during an event known as the " Sudden Departure"

Kat Smith
September 6th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Spent every Wed. evening for the last year having dinner at my oldest Son's home , some of the things we have watched are all things Marvel started with the movies in order then moved on to Agents of Shield ( LOVED it) and Agent Carter. We watched True Detectives season 1, found it very dark, slow and super suspenseful, not always in a good way. We also loved Galavant, it was a musical so I wasn't sure he would go for it, so we watched the first one for a trial run and found it very funny. Only a half hour sitcom and only 6 or maybe 8 episodes. would for sure watch if they did a second season but doesn't look like that is going to happen. Backstrom was another one we really like, but again only 1 season and it doesn't look like a second.

Some my kids like are Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Wired, Suits.

Panda Bear and Angelia, my son (same as above) put me on to Buffy a few years ago. I remember when it was on TV and I had turned it on for a few min and thought what garbage and could not believe how grown adults were staying home on Fri night to watch this trash. Well fast forward a few years and my only brother passes away and I spent the next 3 or 4 weeks on the couch watching Buffy, going to work, coming home to watch Buffy. I understand it being your comfort food, even my husband now will ask "what are we doing tonight or is it a Buffy night?" Glad I don't have to admit to my age but I sure love me some Buffy!

Kat Smith
September 6th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Just looked up Galavant season 2 and it looks like there might be one, but no date as of yet.

hsweany
September 7th, 2015, 10:01 AM
We are really enjoying Scandal.

aliaslaceygreen
September 7th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I am saddened that I didn't see Outlander listed even once... I know it isn't Netflix, but many on these lists are not. Also second Suits, Elementary, Graceland... and a bunch of my friends keep talking of Poldark, although I haven't caught that yet.

Those are current shows, but getting into the oldies, I could watch West Wing on a loop and be happy..

LizTheScot
September 7th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Oh dear. Thanks to this thread I just started Person of Interest on Netflix. Not sure when I will next see daylight....can someone please call my boss and tell her I've caught something that requires me to spend a week in a darkened room??

Carlie Wolf
September 7th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Liz, I just started watching Person of Interest last night. Hummmm I think that's why I didn't get to bed until around 1AM. Watched the first two episodes. Loved it too so I can see this is going to be addictive! I think that's why I was probably too hyped up and couldn't fall asleep until about 2:30. I should have just watch episode 3 LOL

happygram
September 7th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Wow! There are some awesome programs you've all mentioned, and thank you for adding some more shows to my list. When I watch TV, it's usually when I'm sewing, and that probably explains why lots of seams don't match and corners are cut off. I'd add to this Major Crimes and The Closer. There are lots of reruns now of all of them. Probably not for the husband is Project Runway. The show features some very odd people, some great sewers, some creative designers, and lots of fun. On Netflix, Iron Chef is fun because you can avoid the commercials.

LizTheScot
September 7th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Liz, I just started watching Person of Interest last night. Hummmm I think that's why I didn't get to bed until around 1AM. Watched the first two episodes. Loved it too so I can see this is going to be addictive! I think that's why I was probably too hyped up and couldn't fall asleep until about 2:30. I should have just watch episode 3 LOL

Oh my, we probably need a support group. I made it to midnight but started today again when I hit my sewing room, and then again when I got out the ironing board. I suppose the good thing about this being on netflix is that I can carry the show around with me as I attempt to be productive and do chores...

snippet
September 9th, 2015, 12:04 PM
I really liked Breaking Bad. It's quite funny and ironic at times.
I binge watch Sex in the City from time to time.
I've also been hooked on Black Sails and The Knick. They are newer shows so I'm not sure if they are on Netflix or not.
I enjoyed Copper when it was on BBC.

Elaine21
September 9th, 2015, 12:52 PM
I really liked Breaking Bad. It's quite funny and ironic at times.
I binge watch Sex in the City from time to time.
I've also been hooked on Black Sails and The Knick. They are newer shows so I'm not sure if they are on Netflix or not.
I enjoyed Copper when it was on BBC.

I never thought Black Sails would be something that would interest me, but I was SO surprised by how good it is! I really enjoyed both seasons and can't wait for it to resume!

Pandabear
September 9th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Spent every Wed. evening for the last year having dinner at my oldest Son's home , some of the things we have watched are all things Marvel started with the movies in order then moved on to Agents of Shield ( LOVED it) and Agent Carter. We watched True Detectives season 1, found it very dark, slow and super suspenseful, not always in a good way. We also loved Galavant, it was a musical so I wasn't sure he would go for it, so we watched the first one for a trial run and found it very funny. Only a half hour sitcom and only 6 or maybe 8 episodes. would for sure watch if they did a second season but doesn't look like that is going to happen. Backstrom was another one we really like, but again only 1 season and it doesn't look like a second.

Some my kids like are Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Wired, Suits.

Panda Bear and Angelia, my son (same as above) put me on to Buffy a few years ago. I remember when it was on TV and I had turned it on for a few min and thought what garbage and could not believe how grown adults were staying home on Fri night to watch this trash. Well fast forward a few years and my only brother passes away and I spent the next 3 or 4 weeks on the couch watching Buffy, going to work, coming home to watch Buffy. I understand it being your comfort food, even my husband now will ask "what are we doing tonight or is it a Buffy night?" Glad I don't have to admit to my age but I sure love me some Buffy!

After you finish Buffy, check out the spin off Angle. More Spike!! Need I say more?

Dollyquilts
September 9th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I'm no prude, but I bought Deadwood for my SIL because the star of Justified was in it. I was totally shocked by the language in it. It was way over the top for my taste. I love Tim Oliphant though.

Midge
September 9th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Yes Dollyquilts, with HBO-created shows you have to be prepared for just about anything. Deadwood was pretty raw, but also realistic.

snippet
September 10th, 2015, 04:20 AM
I too was really interested in Deadwood, but wow! the language in the first show really put me off. I didn't watch after that, but I think I will try to find it again and see if it settles down. I remember the first show of True Blood was shocking too, but I stuck through it.

Kat Smith
September 16th, 2015, 04:18 PM
After you finish Buffy, check out the spin off Angle. More Spike!! Need I say more?

Ahhhh, more Spike! You're right what more needs to be said. Tired to find Angle once and couldn't get it, will have to try again.

Angelia
September 16th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Ahhhh, more Spike! You're right what more needs to be said. Tired to find Angle once and couldn't get it, will have to try again.

Plus, Cordelia is in Angel, too. She is a character I really grew to like in Buffy.

Kat Smith
September 16th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Nicholas Brendon is on Dr. Phil this evening or tomorrow. Guess dinner will be late tonight or tomorrow. Oh Well!

How could someone be as self centered, rude, mean, and nasty and still be as like able as Cordelia? Life lessons I guess HAHAHA!

Kat Smith
September 16th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Plus, Cordelia is in Angel, too. She is a character I really grew to like in Buffy.

Nicholas Brendon is on Dr. Phil this evening or tomorrow. Guess dinner will be late tonight or tomorrow. Oh Well!

How could someone be as self centered, rude, mean, and nasty and still be as like able as Cordelia? Life lessons I guess HAHAHA!

snippet
September 16th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Anyone watch Outlander? It's a Starz show and the first season is available (On Demand for AT&T Uverse, probably online too) I watched the entire season last week and LOVED it. The scenery is lovely and besides the romance, it's a good story too. They travel to France for part of next season, so it will be new sets and costumes. It's now on my Record list; I can't wait to watch it.

Midge
September 16th, 2015, 07:22 PM
Anyone watch Outlander? It's a Starz show and the first season is available (On Demand for AT&T Uverse, probably online too) I watched the entire season last week and LOVED it. The scenery is lovely and besides the romance, it's a good story too. They travel to France for part of next season, so it will be new sets and costumes. It's now on my Record list; I can't wait to watch it.

Love the books and love the show too. It's wonderful when a show is so close to the source material as this one is. BTW, the costuming for this show was nearly entirely made especially for this production - including Claire's fabulous knitwear. The costume designer, Terry Dresbach is a huge Outlander fan and married to the show runner, Ronald Moore. She threatened her husband's life if he screwed it up. I'd say he's safe for now, you?

As for the swearing in Deadwood, it doesn't go away throughout the series. I was put off too, but I decided to think of it as a theatrical device to take the viewer to another type of society altogether. Unlike the old tv fare that was really 50s mentality set in the old West.

kimsophia
September 16th, 2015, 07:40 PM
We're enjoying "Once Upon A Time" so far... :)

Pandabear
September 16th, 2015, 07:51 PM

I knew I spelled angel wrong

Pandabear
September 16th, 2015, 07:56 PM

He's had such a hard time of it. I loved watching him on Criminal Minds (another binge-watch show). Too bad he had such a small part and short stint.

I detested her on Buffy. They made her more likable on Angel. And I LOVED Doyle.

Another show to look for if Netflix has it is Dead Like Me.

snippet
September 16th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Love the books and love the show too. It's wonderful when a show is so close to the source material as this one is. BTW, the costuming for this show was nearly entirely made especially for this production - including Claire's fabulous knitwear. The costume designer, Terry Dresbach is a huge Outlander fan and married to the show runner, Ronald Moore. She threatened her husband's life if he screwed it up. I'd say he's safe for now, you?

As for the swearing in Deadwood, it doesn't go away throughout the series. I was put off too, but I decided to think of it as a theatrical device to take the viewer to another type of society altogether. Unlike the old tv fare that was really 50s mentality set in the old West.

Yeah, I saw a Outlander Q&A panel held at ComicCon recently. Diana Gabaldon (the author), Claire, Jamie, Maril Davis, and Ronald Moore were on it and talked about how they try to stay close to the books. The almost have to with the author on the set! She's even going to write one of the episodes for season 2. I don't know if it is an episode set in France or Scotland.

After each episode that I watched Ronald Moore had a little clip on something special about the episode. He would often talk about the locations and which chapter the episode was taken from and any deviations they had to make and why. It was all interesting.

GingerH
September 17th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I've just started watching Netflix, so some of these are probably old to you, but here's my list: monarch of the Glen, the grand, George gently, gilmore girls - and very favorite of all - Doc Martin. Happy watching & sewing!

aliaslaceygreen
September 17th, 2015, 01:03 PM

Long-time HUGE fan of all the Outlander book series and absolutely THRILLED with the adaptation so far! RD Moore hinted broadly the other day it will be back in March; April at the latest.

aliaslaceygreen
September 17th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I saw a Outlander Q&A panel held at ComicCon recently. Diana Gabaldon (the author), Claire, Jamie, Maril Davis, and Ronald Moore were on it and talked about how they try to stay close to the books. The almost have to with the author on the set! She's even going to write one of the episodes for season 2. I don't know if it is an episode set in France or Scotland.

After each episode that I watched Ronald Moore had a little clip on something special about the episode. He would often talk about the locations and which chapter the episode was taken from and any deviations they had to make and why. It was all interesting.

If I recall correctly, Diana Gabaldon stated she was writing episode 11--- so that would more than likely put us back in Scotland, if you have read the books...

As adaptations go, this one is doing everything right---with the possible exception of the wedding ring, it almost all happens that way in the book... maybe not in the same order but....

Midge
September 17th, 2015, 01:11 PM

Did you see Diana Gabaldon's cameo in Season 1? It was one of the early episodes, maybe #4. She looked great in period costume too. I had the pleasure of meeting her years ago probably after Dragonfly was published. She is an amazing person with boundless energy. And brilliant too. Really looking forward to season 2. I think it is all going to be either on shipboard or in France...

aliaslaceygreen
September 17th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Did you see Diana Gabaldon's cameo in Season 1? It was one of the early episodes, maybe #4. She looked great in period costume too. I had the pleasure of meeting her years ago probably after Dragonfly was published. She is an amazing person with boundless energy. And brilliant too. Really looking forward to season 2. I think it is all going to be either on shipboard or in France...
I did. I follow her on Twitter and FB and have met her a couple of times, too. She is quite something.
The cast just finished filming in Prague, which they are using as 1740's France for the exteriors. They have already finished filming about half the second season. They've done the duel already, I know that. "Claire" is obviously pregnant in some of the shots I have seen released and the costumes are even more fabulous!

Pandabear
September 17th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Did I mention Doctor Who? If not I should have.

Xena Warrior Princess is cheesy but oh so fun. Until the last 2 seasons... Then eh... More drama than fun.

Dollyquilts
September 18th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Oh, yes, Doc Martin is fabulous. There are six seasons on Netflix and Season 7 is on Prime. The scenery is fantastic and it's got comedy and pathos.

Wwena
September 19th, 2015, 06:13 AM
Series on Netflix (at least they are available in Europe and from what I read, we have less rather than more available): Doctor Who (lots of seasons on Netflix!), The Glades, Unbreakable (hilarious, over the top fun), Continuum, Orange is the new black, Sense8, Defiance. All of those are great series in their own ways and in very different genres. I like The Arrow as well, but I can't say it's great - more of a guilty pleasure lol.

Mr Robot seems real interesting, I caught the first episode last night and a friend I usually have the same taste as, has recommended it. I bet you've seen Sherlock already, if not - do it right away!!

Hulamoon
September 19th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Series on Netflix (at least they are available in Europe and from what I read, we have less rather than more available): Doctor Who (lots of seasons on Netflix!), The Glades, Unbreakable (hilarious, over the top fun), Continuum, Orange is the new black, Sense8, Defiance. All of those are great series in their own ways and in very different genres. I like The Arrow as well, but I can't say it's great - more of a guilty pleasure lol.

Mr Robot seems real interesting, I caught the first episode last night and a friend I usually have the same taste as, has recommended it. I bet you've seen Sherlock already, if not - do it right away!!

Stick with Mr Robot. There are some interesting plot turns. How to get away with Murder is a good one too.

Midge
September 19th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Anna definitely stick with Mr. Robot. It is the most realistic portrayal of hackers ever. The performances are superb. But dark, very dark, so those of you who aren't comfortable with that are warned. I also loved Sens8. But several people I know who are generally sci if fans couldn't get into it. If you can't understand it at least stick to episode 4 and then decide about the series.

Kat Smith
September 19th, 2015, 04:18 PM
I knew I spelled angel wrong

HAHA Pandabear! One of my biggest problems is spelling, I normally type with a dictionary beside me. I was not pointing out your error, I was copying it, didn't even notice it was wrong.