PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning - am I late or what?

Blondie
October 30th, 2011, 10:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone.
I slept great! Took a benedrykl and it was lights out early. I just woke up about 5 minutes ago. Talk about sleeping and nutty dreams!
Lots to do today; I have a list longer than my arm. Company coming over for dinner and I am so far behind because I slept so late. I ain't complaining. I haven't slept that long since I was in the hospital with that concussion months ago.
Okay, no reading for me right now. Maybe later. Hope everyone is fine as frog's hair, prayers for each will be dispatched before during and after church.
It's Sunday. Forget about Monday being tomorrow and just smile because this is the day the Lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.

roseytoes
October 30th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Good Morning, I live in PA, no power for us. It's not so bad though, hubby hooked up the generator so we have water, heat and tv. We are going to my Son & DIL's today for a pumpkin carving party with the grandkids, should be a fun day.

BellasQuilts
October 30th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Blondie, glad you had a great night sleep and hope that dinner tonite is amazing. Roseytoes, why no power? Nice you have a back up generator though. Today is an ATV Ride this morning with the kids and then a luncheon with ladies I used to ride horseback with. Have missed them a lot. Blessings to all today!

rebeccas-sewing
October 30th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Why is your power out, Rosie? Are you having bad weather. The pumpkin carving party sounds like fun.

Blondie, I can tell you had a good night's sleep! You're especially chipper today.

roseytoes
October 30th, 2011, 11:24 AM
A freak October noreaster hit the eastcoast yesterday. We got 7 inches of snow and ice. The leaves have not all fallen yet so the trees are heavy with ice and taking out power lines. I read that my area has not had snow this early since the Civil War.
Our power co said we should have power back sometime tonight. I hope so.........

meemeecyn
October 30th, 2011, 11:46 AM
We had many many inches of that white stuff last night! Probably won't venture out anytime soon. So grateful we haven't last power as many have in the state and east coast....sorry, rosey!

Just finished two batches of Pizzelles for the hospital Fair. The smell is driving me crazy. Will have to sample to make sure they taste good!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Cynthia

ginampls
October 30th, 2011, 11:49 AM
hi rose, sounds like fun. i amgood waiting o go to work.... the fabric store is hopping on sundays...but i have tomorrow off. and get to see the doctor for blood draw for thyroid....wish i didn't havetowork but...ineed toget back into life... anditis a great job for me...so far iam only on the cutting table...which is great...the funny thing is...so many ppl are coming intomake custume... but have never sewn before...so okay you haveto start sometime...and good luck with that i say to myself inside my head..wish me a good day....im off to the shop.....sooon.

Granny Judy
October 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Good Morning... Hope all is well with the Eastern Quilters after that snow fall. My son lives out there in VA... So know that I keep track of these types of things.. Having my second cuppa while catching up on everyone here.

No big plans today..just getting the everyday stuff out of the way and sewing on the 3 Dudes Swap Blocks. I have a love/hate relationship with this block and My machine. Broke a needle, messed up the tension and fighting to get it reset so I can finish up a pile of blocks today. I mostly love my Singer G500, but this block seems to be messing it all up. (It really can't be the operator, can it? )

It got so frustrating yesterday that I went online and googled a new machine.. Am liking the Janome DC2011. It has the -" Janome's 7 Feed Teeth Box" that I wish Singer still had.... more metal in it too. Singer sure ruined it's reputation when it went to Plastic Parts.. **MY humble OPINION, ONLY**

It makes me wonder, Whatever happened to Grandma's ol pedal machine that I learned to sew on? Sure didn't break any needles on it!! LOL (evil laugh)

Bubby
October 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Good Morning Everyone....It's glorious in our little corner of MO. The geese flew over this morning honking louder than ever before. DH is out bow hunting in a tree somewhere. Molly (K9) is trying to convince me it's her dinner time (not for 5 hours yet). She's a terrific little moocher!

I'm taking time to hand sew today and should be one with all my Dresen blocks by the end of next week. I'll be making a quick trip to the quilt shop in Springfield next Saturday...DH also must go to Bass Pro.

For all our quilters with snow and ice, keep warm and be extra careful if you must go out. Hugs all around.....

Sandy Navas
October 30th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Sorry I'm late getting on here - had to beat off a bunch of raiders from North Carolina - heard one of him say I'd forever remember the Muckenfuss Clan. Wonder if Blondie sent them? (If you don't understand that then you need to go read all the posts that come up today . . . )

I'm headed to the sewing room today - thought I'd get to sew yesterday but instead had lunch with DD, DGD#1 & DGD#7. We had some things to exchange and came home 31 cents richer than when we left. Go figure.

My DSIL informed me (and my Sis) yesterday that we had agreed to exchange mini-Christmas quilts (we don't know who has the memory problems) so I have added another 'gotta get that one done' before November 21 when we meet for lunch again. She's even given us specific instructions on how to attach the hangers so they work with what she uses (forget about our needs). Gotta love her - we do pick on her because she's older than dirt. I'll tell you a funny story . . . when my SIL was a senior in high school (5 years before me) she won the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year award. Five years later I (moi) won the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year award (and I NEVER took a home-ec class - I was a math major). Two years after that my Li'l Sister won the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year award. And in case it occurred to you, there were more than our two families in our school district. We're sure proud of that!!!

Okay, finished with 3Dudes and glad to get that off my plate! I really want to get my guild BOMs caught up today. Have a special request from DGD#2 for a new purse (she may have to wait for Christmas). I have more up my sleeve . . . Oh, ah - just heard Al drop the soap - I'll be back.

Hugs and special prayers to all who need them - and you know who you are. I'm sending long arm hugs to Trish, Cynthia, Martha, Barb, Blondie, Jan (both), Megan, Kizzie, Tilly, Cyndi, Gina, Shannon, Sharon, Patrice, Shauna, Mary, Judy, Rosey, Pat, Nancy, Debbie, Deb, Angie, Rebecca, Babs, Cathy, Alana, Ruby, Jenny, Sarah, Natalie, Alan, bakermom, Lucy, Julie, Louise, Lisa, Suzi, SuzyQue, Linda, Penny, Pauline, Cheryl, Mia, Summer, Kelsey, Kay, Julie, Janie, Emily, Daisy, Julia, Paulette, Shirley, Tammy, Saundra, Sunny . . . Who did I miss? Hugs!!

Monique
October 30th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Sorry I'm late getting on here - had to beat off a bunch of raiders from North Carolina - heard one of him say I'd forever remember the Muckenfuss Clan. Wonder if Blondie sent them? (If you don't understand that then you need to go read all the posts that come up today . . . )

I'm headed to the sewing room today - thought I'd get to sew yesterday but instead had lunch with DD, DGD#1 & DGD#7. We had some things to exchange and came home 31 cents richer than when we left. Go figure.

My DSIL informed me (and my Sis) yesterday that we had agreed to exchange mini-Christmas quilts (we don't know who has the memory problems) so I have added another 'gotta get that one done' before November 21 when we meet for lunch again. She's even given us specific instructions on how to attach the hangers so they work with what she uses (forget about our needs). Gotta love her - we do pick on her because she's older than dirt. I'll tell you a funny story . . . when my SIL was a senior in high school (5 years before me) she won the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year award. Five years later I (moi) won the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year award (and I NEVER took a home-ec class - I was a math major). Two years after that my Li'l Sister won the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year award. And in case it occurred to you, there were more than our two families in our school district. We're sure proud of that!!!

Okay, finished with 3Dudes and glad to get that off my plate! I really want to get my guild BOMs caught up today. Have a special request from DGD#2 for a new purse (she may have to wait for Christmas). I have more up my sleeve . . . Oh, ah - just heard Al drop the soap - I'll be back.

Hugs and special prayers to all who need them - and you know who you are. I'm sending long arm hugs to Trish, Cynthia, Martha, Barb, Blondie, Jan (both), Megan, Kizzie, Tilly, Cyndi, Gina, Shannon, Sharon, Patrice, Shauna, Mary, Judy, Rosey, Pat, Nancy, Debbie, Deb, Angie, Rebecca, Babs, Cathy, Alana, Ruby, Jenny, Sarah, Natalie, Alan, bakermom, Lucy, Julie, Louise, Lisa, Suzi, SuzyQue, Linda, Penny, Pauline, Cheryl, Mia, Summer, Kelsey, Kay, Julie, Janie, Emily, Daisy, Julia, Paulette, Shirley, Tammy, Saundra, Sunny . . . Who did I miss? Hugs!!

YOU MISSED ME!!! LOL Hugs back at ya!!

Monique
October 30th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Baby not up from her nap yet. Thought I might get a nap in there but NO!! She has been such a good girl for us. No problems at sleep time whatsoever. I have been having a ball with her, and needless to say no time to get any quilting done. Did get my fabric for the 3 dudes swap and will start those next week. Got a call from the hospital and having surgery on Nov 14. I have been on a waiting list since May 2010. I have a deviated septum and they will repair that. Hopefully then I will be able to breathe normally. It is just day surgery.

I have been trying to get caught up on here but it is difficult to get puter time around here. Have a wonderful day everyone. To those who got snow, I would appreciate it if you would not send it this way just yet. Stay safe and stay warm. I will take Maizyn out for some fresh air after her nap.

Blondie
October 30th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Sandy, if you met one of those Muckenfuss's you would know exactly the type of folks I mean. Honestly, whenever there is a home visitation after a death, you know when folks carry over food for the family? That family will show up and eat all the food up. Quite pitiful really. Although my dear Daddy knew that clan from way back. He always said that they wouldn't know how to find their hiney with both hands and felt that welfare was created just for them. Now and again one will show up if we are working outside and ask for an ear of corn. Why? They need it to entice one of their horses back up the hill. I used to think my Daddy was being mean about them until one of their offspring broke in my basement in the middle of the night, trying to hide from the law. That is another story. I could write a novella about them. Motley crew and that is being sweet and Christian about it.

HandsOffItsMine
October 30th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Lordy, Lordy, Sandy and Blondie, you guys crack me up. If I'm having a bad fibro day, I just need to come on here and get a giggle or two to make my day better.

The Muckenfuss Clan must have relatives across the US 'cause I've had one of those in every neighborhood I've lived in. LOL Plus they also have arrived within the family tree through marriage. Hehe. Why do some folks have such bad taste in men and then choose the same type over and over. I like Blondie's closure "sweet and Christian about it". Sadly I'm not so nice about the Clan sometimes.

I'm going to fight with my walking foot tension and stitching in the ditch again, I spent last night ripping all of it out. Spent at least an hour and a half fixing the tension for normal sewing. Hope this session goes better, also put a new needle in. Wish me luck.

Happy Sunday to all, love and prayers, Ruby

shirleyj
October 30th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Sandy, if you met one of those Muckenfuss's you would know exactly the type of folks I mean. Honestly, whenever there is a home visitation after a death, you know when folks carry over food for the family? That family will show up and eat all the food up. Quite pitiful really. Although my dear Daddy knew that clan from way back. He always said that they wouldn't know how to find their hiney with both hands and felt that welfare was created just for them. Now and again one will show up if we are working outside and ask for an ear of corn. Why? They need it to entice one of their horses back up the hill. I used to think my Daddy was being mean about them until one of their offspring broke in my basement in the middle of the night, trying to hide from the law. That is another story. I could write a novella about them. Motley crew and that is being sweet and Christian about it.

Blondie, you can believe we have people like that in NE Arkansas. And after the potluck they want the leftovers. Just don't send your plate/bowl home with them---it theirs. Yes Ma'am!!
shirleyj

janluna
October 30th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I've met those people! Always takes, never gives....Anything! Yep, have one real close to me and it's all I can do not to whack her upside her head for being such a selfish, inconsiderate person. So they come with many names. Interesting!
I slept surprisingly good last night. And doing not much today. Spending time watching NASCAR, and the Bills game with my DH. We don't get too much time for that so I take it when I can get it. He's always working.
Have a great day everyone and Ditto on all the names in Sandy's post. And then some for Sandy. Love you all, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
October 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM
YOU MISSED ME!!! LOL Hugs back at ya!!

But that's because I hugged you the most and you were hiding behind me. Sorry.

Hugs to Monique!!!!!!!!

Sandy Navas
October 30th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Oh, the joy of knowing people who only have one fork in their family tree.

When I was young we had a neighbor named Oscar. Oscar was a drinker and his wife, Olive, was a wonderful woman, a hard worker who raised four upstanding young men. But Oscar was something else. I don't know if he came from the NC clan or not, but he could have. One morning about 4 a.m. he knocked on our door and told my dad that he needed a light so he could find his way home. Dad went to the barn and got a kerosene lantern, lit it and gave it to Oscar. Oscar swore he'd return it on his next pass by the house and he walked to our front steps, did a somersault up the steps and never lost a drop of kerosene. About half an hour later the sun started peeking through the trees and here came Oscar to return the lantern. He'd stopped off in our barn, rested a few minutes, and didn't need the lantern any more. I can remember hearing him sing as he walked past our house: "God Bless my Happy Home, God Bless my old Lady!" Oh, Oscar, what did Olive ever do to deserve you?

janluna
October 30th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Too funny Sandy! Monique, so sorry you have to have surgery. My prayers are with you. And will be with you all day on the 14th. I put you in my phone to remind me. I use my Cell phone as a reminder for everything. Hey, whatever works, right? Shannon, how is the little one doing today? prayers and hugs for all, Jan L.

sewmuchjan
October 30th, 2011, 05:37 PM
You know I know that clan too!! In our neck of the woods we call them Vultures and their breed is the "give-me give-me mine mine one"!! Never fails they show up at a death in the family and eat their weight in gold and want more. They say "Oh Auntie said I could have her silver tea service and etc etc." And you look at them and say My Auntie never said that because we haven't seen you here in 20 years!!!!" or "that's not what the will says"!! :icon_angry:

Or if like at the Moose Lodge we put on a "free" Thanksgiving Dinner every year and it is for those who don't have family or friends in the area or are single or cannot afford to buy all stuff for dinner. Well low and behold here come the folks out of the woodwork and want 10 dinners to go!!!! Well there are no "to Go's" on a free dinner like that, so they just wanted us to cook their dinner and pay for it to so they can take it home!!! ugh ugh :icon_shake: Then on top of that they get mad because we won't give in to their request!!! The Nerve of some "people"!! :icon_shake:

To all my quilting folks out there have a safe and warm (for those in snow & cold) and a Happy Halloween!! :icon_scared:

And to all that need prayers and comfort those are comming too and big hugs to you all (((((HUG)))))) God Bless and keep you all safe and happy.

Love
Jan G

quilter.martha
October 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Hi all! Finally I can check in. We lost power sometime between 11 and midnight last night and just got it back a while ago. We had at least 6 inches of snow that has absolutely reeked havoc with my bushes. My burning bush, lilac and rhododendrons are all hanging down to the ground. Don't know if they'll ever be the same. I am NOT complaining though. Parts of the state got over 27 inches of snow!!! And some of those areas will be without power for a week. No siree, I am very thankful!

Cynthia--glad to hear you didn't lose power. Saw on the TV you got around 10 to 12 inches.

MaryB
October 30th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Yep, got a Muckenfuss in our village too. Proves they have spread all over the world, eh!

Mary B.

Monique
October 30th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Too funny Sandy! Monique, so sorry you have to have surgery. My prayers are with you. And will be with you all day on the 14th. I put you in my phone to remind me. I use my Cell phone as a reminder for everything. Hey, whatever works, right? Shannon, how is the little one doing today? prayers and hugs for all, Jan L.

Thanks Jan I appreciate it.

janluna
October 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM
You are welcome. Anytime! Hugs, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
October 30th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks Jan I appreciate it.

I did hug you, Monique and share Jan's prayers for a very uneventful, successful surgery with quick recovery!! And I'll keep hugging and put you in my prayers. And believe me, I won't forget your name in my list . . . I had it tattooed on the back of my left hand this afternoon . . . (((((((((((((((Monique)))))))))))))))))

janluna
October 30th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Well, I'm going to bed and watch some tv. And thank God often for His blessings on this family tonight. Love you all so much. And thank you again for all your prayers and healing you all sent to Emily. I will be forever grateful to you all. Love and Hugs, Jan L.