PDA

View Full Version : mm's shirt.....

bubba
September 4th, 2015, 01:53 AM
Yes, I'm making him a new one. No, it's not monkeys. It's a really nice shirting I found and it is a collarless dress shirt....only has the band. Two mishaps. The bad one was I sewed one of the sleeves on inside out!!! Would not have been so bad except it was serged!!!! I was not a happy woman. The not so bad one is I started sewing one of the cuffs on wrong. Thank goodness it's not serged! Could not have taken that again!

I wanted to get it done before we leave tomorrow, but it's not going to happen as he wants to leave first thing in the morning......so, I showed it to him tonight and had him try it on and he was thrilled!!! Best part, it fit....much better than the aloha shirt!

stationarymom
September 4th, 2015, 02:11 AM
Have a nice weekend Pat!

Andrea F
September 4th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Ripping serger seams is really annoying. I have a shirt pattern (for a year or so) and wanted to make a shirt for the boys one day, too. Wonder when/if that's going to happen. Not anytime soon I guess. I've never made one before so it should be interesting.

Iris Girl
September 4th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Pat no pictures? come on we want to see!

Lori63
September 4th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Oh my! I've not had to rip serger seams yet, I can't imagine it would be fun. Please post a pic when you get it done and have fun this weekend!

bubba
September 4th, 2015, 04:09 PM
I'll post it when it's done, which won't be till next week after we are home. I woke up very early this morning with a raging migraine, or maybe it's my sinuses. Anyway, I didn't fall back asleep till about 0830 and just woke up again. I should have sewn, but there is no sewing when my head feels like that. I need to be in a dark, dark room.

We are waiting for the girls to get ready to go and then we are leaving. MM is napping till then and I am redying my hair.