PDA

View Full Version : Thursday already

Blondie
September 3rd, 2015, 06:43 AM

Hey, Hey, Hey, Folksies, it's Thursday!

I didn't get the running around done yesterday that I should have, so, in between clients today, I need to. I don't know what happened to my normally razor sharp brain yesterday. Actually, it was called lack of motivation. What fun is it to go pay some bills like the mortgage, water bill and oh yes, let's give another arm to go along with that leg for groceries?! I hate remembering that I used to get more food for less than half of what I pay these days. OY!

I don't believe in dwelling in the past. Ah, the past. Everybody has a past! And really when it comes down to it, everyone I know has graduated from a grade or two from the School of Hard Knocks. So, why do we so often linger on what we consider to have been better days? We also have instant nostalgia. Like I am having at the moment -thinking of how wonderful it felt to get away - and how good it will be when I can do that once again.
In honesty, nothing is as good as it is remembered. (My mind has nice glossy images that over time become matte sepia tone pictures ). For those among us who have painful pasts - and who doesn't - it isn't a contest of my past is more painful than yours - it is a choice to move ahead and leave the past where it should be; behind us, making us stronger and more determined for whatever makes us happy.

I am training myself to see the future as a blank piece of paper and I can make it into whatever I want it to be. You know the kind of things Moms and friends say to you - "it'll all work out in the end", "it will be okay" And really it will be fine in the end. I make an effort each day to appreciate something special and look for something to be grateful for - a completed project, mastering a new technique, finishing a book I've been reading, finding a new website to glean, having someone else do the dishes for me . . . . All the things we just take for granted are really important building blocks in our attitude of gratitude. A grateful heart is a happy heart, don't you think? What are you grateful for today? Think about it.

I bet just thinking of certain people in your life will make you SMILE. So go ahead, get your SMILE going for the day.
Blessings and prayers for each one here. And here's another SMILE.

dwil23
September 3rd, 2015, 06:59 AM
Good Morning!

Blondie you are so right as usual! Yes, lots of pain in the past, and I try to forget that - actually do a pretty good job of forgetting the pain. I think what makes us nostalgic are the ones who are no longer with us, and for me, realize I am closer to that category than I like to think about. So much I still want to do, but I could not possibly live long enough to do everything I always thought I would.

Last night we took DD out for her birthday dinner. She chose an Irish Pub that is pet friendly (on the patio). She has been there with her puppy before, but she and her friend came straight from classes. We sat inside - too hot for the patio. After we ordered I looked at her and said "so I hear you have two new foster kittens". She got a funny look on her face and nodded her head towards her purse. I finally said "you have them in your purse?" Yes. She had carried them in her purse all day - to class, to lunch, then to another class, now to dinner and then out for ice cream. They are only 3 weeks old and have to be fed every couple of hours, so she couldn't leave them at home alone. Cute little Manx kittens. They were very good. I was so afraid they would get squished but they did fine.

Tonight we are babysitting DGS while DS and DIL go to a work event. We told him we will go to Chik Fil a for a birthday party for Aunt Courtney and I will go pick up some fabric for my next quilt that needs to be done soon.

Hope everyone has a blessed day - prayers for all.

Anyway, after getting a bit (actually a lot) of housework in this morning, I hope to get a bit of time to straighten up my sewing areas

Iris Girl
September 3rd, 2015, 07:41 AM
morning all. sad sad day for me. I got a little sleep. i can only hope my sweet kitty is happy and running with her sisters now. The house seems so empty without my furry friend begging for breakfast sitting in my lap and helping me make hubbys lunch. I feel like curling up in a ball and trying to make the hole in my heart better. But today is our fall tour at the store and so the big shots will be here and I need to put on my happy face even though inside I am crying. I know we did the right thing she had deteriorated so much in 24 hours that I knew yesterday was the day. Hubby came home at noon to spend some last loving moments with her and she had worsened so much even in those few hours. It was like she was telling us she was ready. But we certainly were not. She would have been 17 on Oct 5th.
Hugs to all in need.

dwil23
September 3rd, 2015, 07:55 AM
April, I have been thinking about you. I know how hard this is. Will be praying for you as try to "put on that happy face" today, but when you get home, give yourself permission to grieve. You did the right thing.

(((HUGS)))

Monique
September 3rd, 2015, 07:57 AM
Good morning everyone. So sorry April for your loss.

I had a pretty quiet day yesterday. The kids arrived around 11:30 last night. Quite a time getting the little one settled to go to sleep. I am volunteering at the fair today in the crafts building. So sad that I have NOTHING made to enter this year. Time just got away from me.

Have a great day friends.

EnumclawGramma
September 3rd, 2015, 08:11 AM
Good Morning! I'm up early, and the coffee is nearly ready! Yay for early days and coffee!! (or not.)

I got a lot done yesterday and today will be even more productive. I may even find a way into my sewing room. Sewing, more specifically quilting, I have come to realize, is my companion for long quiet days when I don't see another human or hear my own voice for hours. Thursday is a really long day (DH goes to Seattle for his weekly dinner with my son Joshua right after work), and I often feel a little bummed at the prospect. But, laying here this morning after he left for work I began thinking "I'll get this done, and that done....and oh! I think I'll spend a few hours stitching! " And THAT dear sweet Blondie is what's giving me my "attitude of gratitude" this morning! Time to do what I want for me that's fun and rewarding and such a blessing!! Phew!

Coffee's done! Have a wonderful day, smile, hug someone RANDOMLY, prayers and hugs all 'round!

Lori63
September 3rd, 2015, 08:12 AM
Good morning all:)

Blondie, I've always been a firm believer that the past is the past and as long as we learn from it we're good!

April, again, I'm so sorry for you and losing your precious kitty. As I sit here and type my two are playing at my feet. I can't imagine how I will feel when their times come.

I've almost gotten my sewing space put together in our bedroom. I don't have quite as much space as I did before, but I think I have it set up for a better flow. Once I get it completely done, I'll try to remember to post a pic.

I work today and tomorrow but then am off for the long weekend. We don't have major plans so I'm hoping for some quality sewing time. I know we'll have DGD for some of the time. Her mommy and daddy go camping with his family every labor day weekend. Since she's only 18 mo, they don't like to have her out there the whole time, so I get some grandma time!

Ginny B
September 3rd, 2015, 08:16 AM
Good morning all. I know this is going to be a hard day for you to have a "happy face" April. {{{{Hugs}}}} A
co-worker was taking one of her kitties to the vet last night and the same decision was going to be addressed. So hard.

Each day we get the opportunity to put together another block in the quilt of our lives. We do tend to look back on the completed "blocks" through rose colored glasses. The lessons we learned, the fun we had, the tears we shed, the hardships we endured while completing all those past blocks will help us construct today's block and all blocks to come. Enjoy putting together today's block.
I am hoping that today's block for me will be less of a "crazy quilt" block than the last couple days have been.

Have a terrific Thursday.

aliaslaceygreen
September 3rd, 2015, 08:52 AM
Oh, Irisgirl, I am SO sorry!! (((((hugs))))))))))
I am going in for Fall Tour too. I had to be MOD last night, had a no-show, and that coupon AND the customer who wouldn't leave!!! ARGGGGGH 9:42 I got her out the door. We close at 9, for those that are reading along.

ANYWAY... I vent, I kvetch and then I move on. The attitude of gratitude is the goal, I agree. I hogtied an associate into staying an extra 4 hours last night with a free FroYo on her break. Yes, I am THAT evil...
OK. Off to the races...

Carrie J
September 3rd, 2015, 09:43 AM
Blondie, what were the lyrics.......................?

"My life is like a tapestry..........."

Yeah, pretty succinct there if you ask me, the good, the bad, the ugly and don't forget the wonderful! Busy day again today, then able to get back to the sewing. Horizons are always bright if we so choose to make them that way. April, ((((Hugs)))))

Off to finish coffee then "suffoco diem" into submission, ROFL! Hugs and Blessings to all!

songbird857
September 3rd, 2015, 09:45 AM
Morning all...
Blondie, you bring a smile to my face when I think of you :)
Donna - would have love to seen those kitties in the handbag ;)
April - feeling a bit sad with you this morning...

We just got back from an assessment of my DD's driving. He said she is not quite ready, but just needs alot more road time to build up the skills and confidence. He gave her some great pointers and was really nice. I'll have her practice for a few weeks, then we'll go back for another assessment :)
I started on a bag for my daughter yesterday. Only trouble is, the fusible thermaloam doesn't want to adhere to the faux leather :(
If I iron too much, it takes the sheen off too... Yuck. I'm just going to have to sew in the fusible... Also trying to get a mug rug or mini done by Saturday for a birthday gift. We'll see...

Amy R
September 3rd, 2015, 09:52 AM
April, hugs to you and the family for your profound loss.

ceiliam
September 3rd, 2015, 10:24 AM
Morning all.
April I am so sorry, so hard to lose our babies, even though you know you made the right and loving choice for her its hard. Big cyber hug.
Blondie as usual you are so right..can I be just like you when I grow up?
Today starting complete diabetic diet guess you go what you do what you have to, I would like to be feeling good all the time.
Need to do some house work, then back to get COC top finshed, binding is made, and iron fab for back and get that ready to go then on to quilting .
Hope all have a great safe day. Cecelia

Sylvia H
September 3rd, 2015, 10:44 AM
Good morning, all! I am grateful for my wonderful children and their great spouses. I am also so grateful for a wonderful neighbor and her husband who will be taking care of my dog this weekend so I can visit my DD and SIL. I don't like to board my dog for two reasons: 1) the kennel requires some immunizations that I don't believe are necessary, and 2) it is so darn expensive to board a 96 pound dog!

Yesterday, I actually did some sewing! I finished the border on my 'ugly' child's quilt. It looks so much better with the border, still not to my liking, but the ugly level has been reduced. I finally made ONE coaster that was needed in my sewing room! And, I have selected a pattern and material for a Christmas table runner I want to make for my DIL. So glad (grateful?) that I am finally getting back to quilting. I still have some scrap organizing to do, but after about 1.5 weeks of doing nothing but that, I need a break.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Sandy Navas
September 3rd, 2015, 10:47 AM

Guess that must be because I got to bed early (after MIDNIGHT). Oh, I'm so not used to staying up that late.

No idea what is going to transpire today. I'll have to play it by ear. Sending hugs, warm fuzzies, lots of encouragement to everyone.

Angelia
September 3rd, 2015, 10:53 AM
The "good old days" were never as good as nostalgia makes them appear--and you can't move forward if you are always looking back. Today is the day we have.

April, I'm so sorry for your loss--we lost our little Olive in February, and I still find myself looking for her sometimes.

Looking forward to the long weekend--my voice is shot after three weeks of lecture and could use a rest.

Best to all.

JCY
September 3rd, 2015, 11:15 AM
Good Morning! I have the first loaf of bread dough in the bread maker. I make spelt bread for DH. I prefer to do it on the dough cycle, then bake it in the stove oven. I'll do more organizing & sorting in the bsmt. today. I hope to have this project wound up by the end of the week. Hopefully, I can take delivery of my new Tiara II next week. After reading Blondie's post, my mind was going over about all the things I'm thankful for. Too many to list here. But it's good to think about the positive things in life & not focus on the negative. I hear lots of the negative from DH who is in poor health & feels lousy all the time. I try to let it run off my back & not dwell on it. I guess that's why sewing & quilting are so impt. to me. It gets my mind off his problems.

I hope everyone has a good day.

auntiemern
September 3rd, 2015, 11:55 AM
April, I am so sorry for your loss. I know it isn't easy. The thing I am most thankful for today, is actually having the umph to get out of bed, and still be breathing this AM. I surely feel like I am about to die. Started with a little scratchy throat, then feeling like I was swallowing razor blades, to....drum roll....full blown bronchitis. And I never get just a little sick....heck if your gonna get sick, go all out. That is where I am today. Waiting for the doc to call me in a script for levaquin or avalox. (sp) Z-Pack (Azithromyacin) just does not work for me. I told them I HAVE to get better, because I have a very important trip coming up. I told Karen that if I had to, I would go to the hospital and be put on IV steroids if I had to, but I was not going to be sick that week. She is afraid if I do that I would go psycho again if I had to do that...Steroids and I do NOT play well together. So for now just drinking my coffee and waiting for them to call back. Hang in there ya'all...the week end is upon us. Hugs, and blessings for all. Prayers for those in need.

Dollyquilts
September 3rd, 2015, 12:13 PM
Marilyn, I'm sorry you're feeling poorly and hope you get well in time for your trip.
Apryl, I'm still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get through your workday today.

My SIL ran a 101 temp for two weeks and they still can only say probably a virus. My daughter is now achy but she's not running a temp. She is going to work every day. I hope the two DGDs and I don't catch it. It takes me forever to get over one of these things.
I'm still waiting for my results on the bone density test.

Things are looking up because the weekend is fast approaching. I can't figure out why I get excited about weekends because one day is pretty much like the other. Since I work from home, I usually work if I have anything to do.

I got hooked on The Glades TV series on Netflix. I got to the last episode of Season 4 which is the last series, and it was definitely a cliffhanger. The leading character was shot twice in the chest and was on the floor trying to reach his phone, and his bride was left at the altar. I did a Google for Season 5 and found that A&E had pulled the plug on the series, same as they did with Longmire. It's been off to long to have any hope that Netflix will produce a Season 5. I think I'm going to boycott A&E series from now on.

Everyone have a great day and a super weekend. It's a long one, too.

Angelia
September 3rd, 2015, 12:37 PM
Marilyn--hope the meds come through and you are feeling much better soon.