PDA

View Full Version : EUREKA ....... ! I fixed it MYSELF !!

redcaboose1717
September 2nd, 2015, 04:42 PM
I have an old HP Laptop......and awhile back DH put Windows 10 on it ( I hate it BTW ) ....and when I asked him to remove it suddenly I had no sound !!!
While DH John said that he really didn't think there was any "Fixing " the sound....I began to wonder " How am I going to be able to listen to Jenny's ( and other YouTube videos as well ) awesome tutorials ? Well, I put up with this having "No Sound" for about 2 1/2-3 weeks now...and finally today thought that maybe, just MAYBE I could go out online and find a solution to fix the problem myself ( BTW....DH already professed to going online to find a "FIX " to this no sound issue...)

EUREKA !!!
I went to Miscrosoft Windows and typed in " How to fix a no sound problem for a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC", and wouldn't you know it, right there in front of me, in black and white were instructions on how to possible FIX the issue I was having !!
Sooooo.....having nothing to LOSE ( except money to purchase a new LAPTOP .....and of course I realize that sooner or later this is going to have to happen ) I followed the instructions.

YES !! I now have sound to listen to ALL my AWESOME VIDEOS.....So, that being said, I am going to listen to the last 3-4 MSQC I couldn't listen to previously.

Last but not least.....Who said we women couldn't solve our own problems ! YAY !!!
( Sorry if it seems like bragging, but I am pretty proud of myself ) :icon_heh:

Smiles,
Sugar / Jacqueline :D
:icon_wave::icon_wave::icon_wave:

sewlucky
September 2nd, 2015, 05:20 PM
I think we women leave techs things for the men in our lives who like to fix things just to gift them with the opportunity to help ;) lol

Terri

redcaboose1717
September 2nd, 2015, 06:10 PM
Terri,
I normally leave the techy stuff to John.....Why I do that is beyond me. Prior to our marriage, I fixed all of the PC problems I had. My 1st DH Terry( he passed away in 2002 ) wasn't interested in PC's ( he was a model train enthusiast ) ...and I started out doing my "own" thing when we first got that very first desktop in 1999 ( Terry purchased it as a gift for me ) ......
Anyway, awhile back when John said that it couldn't be fixed ( the lack of the audio on the laptop ) I just thought "okay, let it be". John has a friend that repairs PC's and John told me that his friend Lee said there was nothing that could be done to get the audio back either.

Anyway, I am just thrilled I have the audio back. I have watched all the videos I wasn't able to listen to, so things are back to normal for me ( Well, not quite....things will be completely normal around here when I get my sewing machine back from the shop. It was time for yearly check-ups, and the fact that the bobbin winder was doing funky things !

shirleyknot
September 2nd, 2015, 06:19 PM
I can usually solve problems faster if I don't involve the man in the first place. :icon_heh:

YellowCockatiel
September 2nd, 2015, 06:21 PM
You go girl!!!!

Monique
September 2nd, 2015, 08:12 PM
I usually try and fix things myself too and don't dare tell me I can't either.

Carrie J
September 2nd, 2015, 08:13 PM
LOL, glad for you Sugar, however in saying that...................My DH is a black hole when it comes to tools, technology or any whatchamacallit stuff. Has been that way for almost 40 years! Good thing the kids aren't built that way, whew! Where there's a will..................

Granny Fran
September 2nd, 2015, 08:25 PM
:icon_woohoo::icon_tup::icon_tup::icon_woohoo:

Midge
September 2nd, 2015, 08:47 PM
I can usually solve problems faster if I don't involve the man in the first place. :icon_heh:

Learned that when I was married.

FabStripper
September 2nd, 2015, 08:56 PM
You go! The internet is like a big giant endless dictionary-encyclopedia-instruction manual isn't it? You just have to figure out what to ask what you want to find.