PDA

View Full Version : The wind.....

bubba
August 29th, 2015, 04:12 PM
It is a blowing!!! Woke up to thunder shortly after 0500 (I HATE THUNDER!!) that lasted about an hour. It was pouring rain the entire time and had been since I went to bed last night. We seriously need the rain!

Windstorm has been going on since, luckily :knock on wood: we have not lost our power, but several friends have. I hope it's not windy like tis over in the wildfires because that is just what they don't need!!

The rain stopped a while ago, but the wind is still gusting.....going to hate to see the condition of my tomatoes when this is all over.

Sandy Navas
August 29th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Hoping the wind doesn't whip the fires, that the rain gets there and helps put them out. Weather is a strange thing.

Hope your tomatoes survived, too.

Altairss
August 29th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Wind is going nuts here too. We had rain for awhile last night then stopped but sounds like its dumping on at least one of the fires. The Newhalem fire. Power is out everywhere so we have the generator running. Feels like a normal fall storm but really early. As long as it brings rain I am good with it.

shirleyknot
August 29th, 2015, 05:40 PM
I don't mind the thunder. Its the wind and lightening that will killya.

baskets4deb
August 29th, 2015, 06:27 PM
The rain hasn't made it to eastern WA yet. It is another smoky day. The municipal pool is closed and all the University's outside activities are either canceled or moved indoors. The musical entertainment was canceled at out wonderful farmer's market and they closed early. Our air quality was listed as "hazardous" this morning but we have been upgraded to "very unhealthy". I hope that some rain makes it to the wild fires! They said that they need a minimum of 0.10 to make a difference.

Many thanks to all men and women from near and far who are fighting these fires!

bubba
August 29th, 2015, 06:45 PM
They said on the news last night we were going to get between 1" to 3" and I'm sure we did! I wish it would move east where it is needed.

Altairss
August 30th, 2015, 12:55 AM
we were supposed to get that too but it seems to have just skimmed over us. Lots of wind power outages everywhere they have no idea when we will be back. Drove to town to get pizza as our generator is not big enough to run the oven. And there are trees and branches down everywhere. With the drought the trees are just toppling over and branches are seriously weak.

bubba
August 30th, 2015, 01:44 AM
I am not venturing outside. Yoda doesn't even want to! MM checked on the tomato plants and said they were fine....or appeared to be from his vantage point on the deck!!

sewlucky
August 30th, 2015, 03:01 AM
The weather systems have blown Washington fires' smoke right up into Saskatchewan. It's quite smoky around here. I sure hope it hasn't impacted the fire fighting!

Terri

Quiltfreestyle
August 31st, 2015, 01:35 AM
We've had some serious forest fires around here in the past. Praying you get the rain you all need to knock those fires down...
And praying we get some too, since we are parched down here..

Genny
August 31st, 2015, 01:44 AM
I absolutely love hearing thunder...especially in the middle of the night when its raining. I'll lay in bed and look out at the sky.