PDA

View Full Version : Good Saturday Morning!

Blondie
October 29th, 2011, 06:43 AM

Happy Saturday everyone
Seems as if I am not the only person sleepless and I live nowhere near Seattle! I do realize that most all of our internationals are on way different clocks than we are - so, good afternoon, evening, whatever; YOU know what time it is, hehehe
Cathy, our toggpine - you look like you pulled an all nighter!
smfidler - hope your little one did better last evening
Genny - did you sleep or did you play with your new baby?

I know that we have so many newbies and half the time I miss welcoming them in; I never promised to be perfect, just guarantee that I always have a smile and hug once I meet you!
I woke up at 2 - wallowed around for awhile then came in to play games to see if it would help me go back to sleep. It has rained all night and been quite chilly - you would think that would help me sleep great. Nope. Oh well, my inner hidden hormones must be on a search for themselves. Been awhile since I've had a night like this.
Now that it is practically time to get ready for work, I am sleepy again. Go figure. Perhaps I needed some of this:

Who got snow and how much? Or do I need to go wash my mouth out with soap? I declare it feels cold enough to snow here in my wee area of NC.

Have a great day everyone.

Patrice
October 29th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Hit me up with one of those too Blondie. Snow? Has anyone gotten that stuff yet? Just thinking yesterday what a beautiful day and thought to myself it will be winter before I know it. I hate winter. One more week left until my son gets married. Will be so happy to have it all over with. Come next sunday I hope to be sitting on my deck with a large cocktail and no worries. I have 3 babies coming. Got my great niece and nephew taken care of and haven't even begun on my 1st grandson that is due dec 8th. Hoping to start on that one today. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

rebeccas-sewing
October 29th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Had a crazy dream last night. I'm in my parents old home out in Amish country in Pennsylvania. The water heater is some incredibly huge contraption that doesn't even resemble a water heater and it's sitting outside in the backyard. It needs to be replaced. I'm hunting for the name of the plumber and I can't find it. George Clooney comes to the door and he's planning to do some minor improvements. He's going to charge me $700 to replace the numbers on the house. Whaaaaat!!!! I agree to all of this. (Come on who's going to argue with George Clooney?) I need to write a check. No checks. I call my daugther downstairs (there's no upstairs in this house) to write a check for me. We can't remember whether we're supposed to sign the back or not. Must be jet lag, LOL!!!

Can you imagine the dreams I would have if I had a "Cafe Mocha-Vodka-Vallium-latte?" On nights I can't sleep I'm known to pop a Benydryl. Works for me!

quilter.martha
October 29th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Great dream Rebecca! I love it when I can actually remember one of my strange dreams. I'll wake up and think, that was a weird dream but then when I finally do get up I can't remember a thing.

Today is opening day for muzzle loading deer season. My DH left while it was still dark out and plans to be gone at least until the precipitation begins (sometime this afternoon I think). So that gives me the day to myself! I've got a lot of UFOs that are calling my attention. Perhaps I'll get some progress made on some of them.

So, there is some of that wet white stuff in the forecast today. I'm waiting for the weather report on TV to see what's in store for us, but last night they said 2 to 4 inches. It's 25 degrees out right now, so we are certainly cold enough for snow.

Have a great day all!

quilter.martha
October 29th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Oh wow, just saw the weather report. They've changed the snowfall to 5 to 10 inches! IN OCTOBER??? Happy white Halloween I guess.

quiltingtrish
October 29th, 2011, 08:54 AM
8 - 12" coming here. As DH, Katie, and Christian were leaving, Christian says 'but it's just raining out'. So I say - "yeah and by the time time you get back, there will be 12" of snow on the ground, no thank you". It's to be a heavy wet snow so they are calling for power outages especially with all the trees still having most of their leaves on. I did sweep the leaves off the driveway after work yesterday. Didn't feel like shoveling snow and piles of leaves at the same time. Hope DH put the shovel where I can find it or they will have to park down at the church and walk up to the house later. They are off to a wedding. At least DS said he's not going to the karate class today.

I'll check back in later cause I'll just be 'over there' working on those bindings.

Hugs,

stitching woman
October 29th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Blondie, did you catch the non sleeping from Barb and I?
Patrice I know having the wedding over will be a relieve but looks like you have some fun things to look forward to.
Rebecca wish I had been at your house to see George no matter what he was doing.
Martha hope you get a lot of sewing done and don't take this wrong but can just keep that snow. Winter is not my favorite.

Well I sure hope everyone has a wonderful day. Need to get my shower and get my day started. Going to spend sometime with friends and family today.

twnkeyes
October 29th, 2011, 09:12 AM
A very early, good morning to you all,

Oh my, snow, none here that's for sure but it is cold for south Texas, 40 degrees! I absolutely LOVE cold weather, my husband who's from England and lived in northern Scotland for years, thinks I'm a nut case. My argument is that I can always put more clothes ON to get warm but in the heat of the summer (106+) I can only legally take so many pieces of clothing OFF! So, what am I doing living in the area of Houston, TX??? I follow my DH wherever he may go. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I never watch baseball during the season........snore city, but, this year's World Series was amazing. I love the spirit of both teams and say congrats to them both!

I'm hoping to get some sewing done today. I do not like hand sewing so I always put it off so that I end up punishing myself with 5 quilts to bind! One of them though is a joy. It's for my mom who will be 75 in February. It's called a Postage Stamp quilt and I found it on the United Notions/Moda website. I'm so pleased with it and in my eyes it's beautiful. I know she'll love it it's in her favorite colors. I'll post pictures when the binding is done.

Well, I'll stop rambling now. Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

cyndiofthevortex
October 29th, 2011, 10:05 AM
We're getting snow! But I am NOT going to shovel snow in October. It can sit there until it melts. Hopefully before spring.

Watching three GSs all day - no sewing for me unless they all lay down at the same time to sleep/rest. And I just yesterday found the right quilting design for my Summer in the Park tablerunner. It will just have to wait.

Hope you all have a great Saturday. See you here tomorrow. Maybe with some pictures of snow?

Cyndi

ps My cosmos and dahlias and zinnias haven't given up yet. Still blooming out there. I think this might be their last hurrah.

RFREE
October 29th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Good Mornin Blondie and all my quilting buddies.No snow here but I was shocked when I put the little dogs out to pee this morning and their pen was covered in ice.We had a pretty heavy frost last night apparently.I just chatted with my sister in MI and she said they were having snow mixed with rain. oooo Yuck. I am not ready for this.Where did fall go?? 1 week today before the big pig in the ground here at the Free house. Dreading and excited too I guess. The invite is still out there if any of yall want to partake in some good vittles. Off to the local Sams to get the rest of the stuff for the party. Yall have a wonderful Saturday and KEEP ON SEWING!!!!
Rhonda

Shannon
October 29th, 2011, 11:04 AM
nooo, it can't be time to talk about snow and ice yet! Not ready to deal with all that mess. Just raining (duh) and a little chilly, not bad. I haven't cleaned out my gardens yet or put away my deck furniture...guess I better get that done this weekend.

have a good day everyone :)

Bubby
October 29th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Guess who's just dragging out of bed after sleeping like a rock.....YAY!!!! Before I go on I just have to say that my ST LOUIS CARDINALS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That being said, good morning everyone!

We had a heavy frost last night, but no snow for us for now. My DD has snow in New Mexico. It's fairly unusual to get such large amounts of snow this early in the year. Everyone involved keep warm and be careful if you have to go out in it.

I'm making good progress on my Dresden Plate blocks. Again I'm thrilled with the Daily Deal, as I will be making another Dresden from the Bowood line from Robyn Pandolph. Now I'll be able to make a table runner to match. If you've never used Robyn's fabric lines before, they are very high quality and almost feel like silk and the colors are always gorgeous.

DH and I are going turkey hunting today. I call and he shoots. For some unknown reason I can call turkeys with my mouth and don't need a call. Now that's a talent I know you all wish you had!!!!

I hope our group is all snuggly tucked in and sewing today. Rhonda, good to hear from you. Twinkeyes, good to see you online today! Hugs all around.....Barb

BellasQuilts
October 29th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Good morning everybody! No snow here on the Central Coast of California. It is chilly though and they say it is going to be 90 degrees today. Huh? How? We were going to redo our deck but we got rain early once already so we decided to wait until spring. When it rains here it RAINS! We get flooding through our property and I didn't want to deal with no deck, mud and no place for my doggies to hang out.

Today is take our 5 mo. old puppy for a walk, make breakfast, clean house, sew if I can squeeze it in.

Hugs to all and have a stellar Saturday!

EsGrandma
October 29th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Sorry to report that we had 8 inches of snow on Wednesday - the good news is that most of it has melted now and we will have 65 degrees today - Sure get a lot of sewing done when it snows - made some of Dianne's beef and barley soup - yumm. Hope everyone has a great day!

bakermom
October 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Brr! 29 degrees overnight but no snow.
we're on the rain edge of this storm. it's bright and sunny right now though. hope all of you being visited by the white stuff stay safe and warm. Have some chicken on cooking already, laundry is in the washer so i think i'm good to head upstairs to sew for a while.

Sandy Navas
October 29th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! I'm with Barb this morning!!!!! (and Linda, too)
CONGRATULATIONS, CARDINALS!!! WAY TO GO ST. LOUIS.

Did a bit of sewing yesterday and then spent the afternoon with DGDs at Michaels - that's always a HOOT! Amazing the different personalities that really stand out when you get them all together. They sure crack me up. Today it is off to Zona Rosa with DD and DGD#1 and DGD#7 to return a couple things and to have lunch together! When I get home I'll have to make a pair of pig ears for my DGD#4 to wear for her Halloween trip to Chipotle. They give discounts on burritos if you come in dressed as a pig.

No snow here - got down to 27 degrees last night - already up to 44. That's hot enough for me. I'm not looking forward to any snow but do remember what Al said when I told him I wanted to retire to this part of the world. He wanted to know what we would do in the winter and I told him, "Throw another log on the fire, kick back in our easy chairs, watch the icicles melt and sip a fine brandy." So, maybe that won't be what I'm doing this winter - but it's close. Just like leaves falling - I made up my mind if the good Lord wanted them to fall there must be a good reason and I'll leave them where he puts them. If He wants snow on the ground, same same - I don't need to fight it.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone and all the news and alerts, good tidings and fun things happening - as well as the sadness that fills our lives from time to time. But, I do want to take the time to tell our dear PA friend TRISH that I'm excited that KATIE has said she's coming home . . . Keeping the prayers raised and my fingers crossed.

So, to all those out there needing hugs, hope you can feel my electronic ones. Be safe in the strange weather, enjoy your days off work, have fun with your new sewing machines, don't let anyone anger you; sew, sew, sew, sew - and if DH gets a deer be sure to put in my request for a length of venison sausage! My DH doesn't hunt . . .

Looking for Dianne's recipe for soup - can I do that in the crock pot???????

toggpine
October 29th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Morning or whatever time it is when you read this!
Blondie, I did stay up rather late. I wasn't sleepy when the rest of the house decided to retire. So I started poking around in the different 'sewing boxes' and checking out the threads in there. I had some thoughts and shared them.

I have cut the replacement strips for the D9P that I miscut. I'll get to sewing them when I am done with my morning chores here on the farm. I have another project I am working on too. I really must get that one done, but I need the flannel bits off the cutting table first.

With the rain here today I am hoping for some nice time behind the machine today. I would have sewn last night, but the sound was keeping Em form going to sleep. She wanted to know what I was doing, and why I wasn't in bed. She offered to snuggle with me to help me sleep, since that seems to be the magic trick for her. Sweet huh? I'm going to miss that when she gets to be a teenager!

I think we are having Impossible Cheeseburger Pie for supper tonight. Relatively simple, and the boys love it.

You all have a great day. Thanks for being one of my blessings!
Hugs, Cathy

debinmalaga
October 29th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone! Barb, love your talent for calling turkeys - made me laugh! Sandy, your post was the first I heard of Trish's Katie coming home - what wonderful news!!! I'm also a little behind in my reading on the forums, but it's a quiet day at work so I'm trying to catch up.

Had a WONDERFUL day yesterday - only had to work until 2 o'clock, then went home and assembled my Dresden plate burgundy quilt top - came out really pretty. I was out of batting, so had to stop without sandwiching, etc. Dear BF took me to Red Lobster (yum) for dinner (our 21st anniversary is on Monday!!! Wow!!!) and then to Joann's to get batting and fabric for a small quilt I want to make for my cousin. She's 30 and has physical and mental challenges, and she is my little email buddy. She loves pink, so I found pink fabrics to make a whole cloth quilt with Dresden "flowers" all over it. Got four Dresdens done for that - sewed until midnight, which is very unusual for me (I like my sleep and am usually in bed at 10!). As soon as work is over today at 2 I'll finish the Dresdens, get them stitched on, and then I'll have 2 quilts to quilt, Yay!

It's a miserable day here weather wise, raining hard and windy and yes, we're supposed to get snow tonight, but my area of NJ probably won't get a whole lot. Perfect sewing weather!

I'm in a chipper mood today and wishing the same to you all!

HandsOffItsMine
October 29th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Aloha all...no snow on this side of The States. The trade winds started to come back late last night so the VOG from the Big Island is leaving! Yea!!!

The local VA shelter has a Haunted House that started yesterday, we'll go and show our support, maybe find some crafts at the fair. The shelter has sections for families and singles - very clean and run military style. Maybe more shelters need to follow their business plan 'cause I've done a lot of volunteer work at various sites in different cities/states and this the best run one I've seen.

Barb, glad you slept, nothing here. I'm going to try a Benedril tonight, maybe that will help me make it through the night.

Hoping to do some sewing on curtains today, the original 1970 curtains are up and they've seen better days. Will be interesting to handle 306" x 95" of paneled fabric, I see a lot of prep ironing/pinning in my day.

Prayers to all, huggs to all, hopefully no snow shoveling! Ruby

meemeecyn
October 29th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Hi! Just posted on Cyndivortex of NH thread about possibly loosing electricity. It has already started snowing with a vengeance. All I can say is YUCK!

The two grandgirls stayed over night. The youngest slept on me in the recliner most of the night, so I didn't sleep well at all. I almost am ready for bed now. Had lunch with some high school friends....we have been gathering about monthly since our 40th from high school. It has been wonderful!

I'm going to try and knit for a bit. Making a lacey shawl to donate for nonprofit auction. Will try and stay awake!
Cynthia

Congrats, Barb. I don't keep up with sports too much, but read your team had won in the posts.

toggpine
October 29th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Well, the day took a 180 from my plans!
I received a call from a friend and she brought me a new goat! I am not sure Rose is all that happy about it, but I'll give her a few days in a stall before I let her out to bonk heads with everybody. Rose is the only one of her breed at her old farm. My friend really wants to focus on the main breed she is raising. She knew that I had a couple of Saanens, so Rose wouldn't be the only one any more.
The sun also came out to play for awhile today. It ended up being a very pleasant fall day! I got the barn tidied up and after Rose arrived and settled in, we had a nice, if brief, chat. Then Hubby, Em & I went to Costco. We picked up a few necessary groceries and pizza for supper! Yea! No major cooking required for dinner tonight!!
Perhaps after evening chores I'll really get to the sewing machine. It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so I should get some done tomorrow for sure!
You all have a good evening! Cathy

HandsOffItsMine
October 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Oh Cathy, I love goats! We just saw the wild ones on the mountain at our front door. There were about 18 of them going across the ridges. It always amazes me that they don't fall down. Sadly the hunters can go into the valley and hunt for them and the wild pigs.

Maybe you can take a picture of Rose with her new friends and post it for us to see!?! Please!

Didn't get to really sew, 'cause with my new walking foot, my tension is screwy and the back stitching looks like crap. I'll be picking it all out tonight by the TV. I don't like doing stitch in the ditch, BLAH! This is one of two donation quilts, so I can't send it out...otherwise!!!!!! :icon_heh:

janluna
October 29th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I know it's late to check in but I had to see how everyone is doing. I didn't sleep at all last night, and after taking care of the birds and the Max dog, I made coffee. Had some toast with Joe, and laid down about 1:30. I slept until 3:20!!! I was so mad at myself. Then I did it again! I laid down to watch the news at 6 pm and slept until 8:30. Now watch, I won't sleep tonight.
Well, I just wanted to check in and wish everyone the best. Hello to the girls on the other side of the world and surf. Love to all. Hugs, Jan L.