• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightwriter
    Missouri Star
    • Sep 2013

Night owl awake and listening to storm

Storm rolling through here and can't sleep. Some people sleep well with sound of rain, but any noise keeps me awake.

Got the I Spy top finally done today and the back also. Whew! My back gave out and I hope to sandwich it tomorrow. If I had time I would send it out for LAQ, but baby is born so guess I will FMQ the best I can. Want to learn to use embroidering machine to quilt with. I just feel so inadequate when it comes to the actual quilting. I like the creating part the best.

Mowing tomorrow when it dries.

Stay dry owls and give a hoot!
    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.
  • kimsophia
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2014

Re: Night owl awake and listening to storm

It's dry and the forecast low is 58 degrees tonight. Hope you get some sleep, Connie.

Comment

• bubba
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

It was warm all day, in the 80's, but now it has cooled down to 60.....supposed to rain tomorrow. Just as this pain seemed to be subsiding, it better not flare back up with this change in weather! After tomorrow, it's supposed to shoot back into the 80's and maybe 90's again.

I should not be complaining about the rain, because those poor fire fighters desperately need it. Three were killed yesterday, so sad.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Midge
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2014

Whooose up again? It's me. Cooler here too tonight which I appreciate. If I can get some sleep I will finally tackle the bushes in the front yard tomorrow morning before the sun gets too high. It's looking ragged, but my back has been giving me fits right up until we had 90 degree days, and then the breathing gets me. I tell you, this getting old stuff isn't for sissies. I was sitting down to sew and then I smelled a wood fire this evening about 10. Hmm, not a great time for a firepit party, right? Next thing I know the fire dept shows up. The people two doors down from me had their grill too close to their garage and it caught fire. Neighbors went over with their personal fire extinguishers, and though the fire dept came quickly, it was out by the time they arrived. Common sense, people.
        I cut out the August BOM fabrics for the Craftsy free class I am taking and sewed the first variation of the spinning star. Turned out pretty nice, so probably tomorrow I can do the rest of them. It's been fun, I like the teacher's style, Kimberley Einmo, and the price is certainly right.

Comment

• sewlucky
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2013

Hello! It is cooler and rainy here too, which I like. I finished hubby's birthday quilt today I'm happy about that, and excited to get to work tomorrow on a baby quilt for friends' who are having their first baby in a September. I want to get it done as I will be starting school Sept 9th and who knows how much sewing time I will have for the first bit while I get into the routine.

Connie, don't let the quilting intimidate you! The baby and new parents will love the quilt no matter what!

Terri

Comment

• Andrea F
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2013

Good afternoon! I've slept in late today and then hubby and I went to the fabric market in the neighbor town where I bought some more fabric and purse hardware. I found a pretty purple-ish jeans fabric I instantly fell in love with. Then we did a bit of grocery shopping and besides making dinner I'm hopefully going to sew the rest of the day. It's really warm here today, in the high 80's. A couple of days ago it was cold and rainy and looked like fall, the weather is crazy. I don't deal well with those abrupt temp changes.

Thinking about the fire fighters and their families, it's terrible. I hope you get enough rain so that the fires can be under control.

Hope everybody has a pleasant day.

Comment

Working...
            X