• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitzs
    Binding Belle
    • Oct 2011

Summer In the Park quilt?

If I use 2 jelly roles like they do in the tutorial, 1 white, 1 print. Does anyone know how big of a quilt one can make? I want to make a throw quilt for my DH that he can tuck under his feet but yet come up to his chin. He likes to sunggle under his blanket in the recliner in the winters and he is 6ft tall. Do you think the 2 jelly rolls would be enough for this?
  • brook
    Missouri Star
    • May 2011

Re: Summer In the Park quilt?

The one I made used 1/2 of a jelly roll that made a lap quilt. You could add an extra row since your making it for a tall person. I am 5'10" and it was long enough for me. It's a fun quilt to do. Make sure you post a pic when it's done.
    :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

• brook
      Missouri Star
      • May 2011

I should have been clearer on this. The print took a half of a jelly roll.
      :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

• mitzs
        Binding Belle
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by brook View Post
        I should have been clearer on this. The print took a half of a jelly roll.
        Thank you for the reply Brook. I am new to quilting, and I have 2 to make before I start this one. I am planing ahead, lol But this one looks so simple I may make it first. Thanks again!

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2011

I've just made two Summer in the Park tops, very small ones. One is a tablerunner made out of older print Thimbleberries and one is a wallhanging made with beautiful floral strips that I had left over from another project. So I can't answer your question about the number of jelly rolls you need. But I do have some advice! Before you use your beautiful new fabric, make a practice block with strips cut from your own stash. I made a few mistakes on my first block and I wish I had used fabric that wasn't supposed to go into the quilt.

Cyndi

SummerintheParktop.jpg

Tberriestablerunnertop.jpg
          Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• oceanlover2803
            Prairie Pointer
            • Sep 2011

I'm making a quilt right now with that pattern. I got 13 sets out of my two jelly rolls (1 print/1 solid). And you get 6 blocks out of each set. I'm making a queen size quilt and just had to order 2 more jelly rolls, as I will need 7 sets out of the new fabric. Anyway, so to answer your question, you can get 78 blocks....I guess it depends on how big the ruler is that you cut with. Hope this helps, I'm pretty new to quilting.
            Jess

Comment

• mitzs
              Binding Belle
              • Oct 2011

Cyndi, I LOVE the colors you used in your tabble runner. And thank you for the advice about the pratice blocks. I am newbie so I don't have a stash yet. Lol, However, our walmart does have some quilting fabric for $1.50 a yard I think I will go stock up on that tommrow for just that purpose!! I am sure as my skills grow I'll use it for other blocks I am not sure about! Excellent advice!

Oceanlover, thank you. That does help alot.

Comment

• jenny
                9 Patch Princess
                • Feb 2009

Hi Guys, It makes about a 70 by 80 quilt!
                Have fun, Jenny

Comment

Working...
                X