PDA

View Full Version : Shipping lable trouble

Hulamoon
August 18th, 2015, 07:09 PM
I'm trying to print a shipping lable and USPS won't print out first class. I go to Paypal and it keeps shutting down on me or let me type anything.

Are you having trouble with Paypal? I'm so frustrated :(

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2015, 07:46 PM
The only problem I have with PayPal is that I get numerous spam messages saying they are from PayPal and you can tell that they are not. I usually use my debit with USPS and often have experience issues with printing labels. Recently I know they have made some major changes in their website and our little local PO was one of the testing sites. The postmistress was saying how hokey it was behaving.

I have found that if I check save as a PDF it is easier for me to print my labels, and I've never had an issue with it not printing First Class for me.

Hulamoon
August 18th, 2015, 07:50 PM
I have found that if I check save as a PDF it is easier for me to print my labels, and I've never had an issue with it not printing First Class for me.

The only check box I see is for priority. Where do you find the first class? I have a headache from looking.

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Lorie, that's strange - I just went to my account and entered some phony information - last week I sent a large box weighing about 5 pounds to a city about 70 miles from here and I was able to click that priority box (there is a tiny white triangle looking arrow) and it let me click First Class. Today I wasn't able to do that. I was amazed that the box I sent last week cost less than $4 and was delivered the next morning. Weird.

Hulamoon
August 18th, 2015, 10:32 PM
I'm so confused. I just got a jelly roll and it has a first class label on it. It is wierd.

Hulamoon
August 19th, 2015, 12:01 AM
I went to Etsy and someone directed me to Stamps.com. Easy peasy. :icon_happy:

auntiemern
August 19th, 2015, 12:28 PM
You can only ship first class up to 13 oz. Any thing over that has to ship priority. The average weight for a JR is 12 oz. If you are going to ship on a regular basis, you may want to get a postal scale (they don't cost much). It really does save a lot of aggravation.

Hulamoon
August 19th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Marilyn I think you read my question wrong. I wanted to send something first class (only 6oz) But USPS doesn't have that feature to make labels for first class. I was confused because I just recieved a jelly roll from M* with a first cass lable on it.

I used to sell on EBay and you were able to a long time ago. But I found a solution from the sellers on Etsy.

RiverMomm
August 19th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Over the years, I have encountered this exact problem with Paypal and shipping. I think it is some sort of glitch in the system. Stamps.com is great!

Hulamoon
August 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Over the years, I have encountered this exact problem with Paypal and shipping. I think it is some sort of glitch in the system. Stamps.com is great!

I actually like it better. The label is smaller, you don't have to use as much tape!

auntiemern
August 19th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Didn't realize that, since all of my first class packages I do from PayPal. I only use the USPS site for padded flat rate, which paypal doesn't have. You would think they would all offer ALL of the services that are available. Sheesh
Do you still get the same online discount through stamps.com?
Marilyn I think you read my question wrong. I wanted to send something first class (only 6oz) But USPS doesn't have that feature to make labels for first class. I was confused because I just recieved a jelly roll from M* with a first cass lable on it.

I used to sell on EBay and you were able to a long time ago. But I found a solution from the sellers on Etsy.

Hulamoon
August 19th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Didn't realize that, since all of my first class packages I do from PayPal. I only use the USPS site for padded flat rate, which paypal doesn't have. You would think they would all offer ALL of the services that are available. Sheesh

I can't get into paypal. Every time I try to sign in the page blinks to white. That's why my day was so frusrating. I was going to sell some things on Etsy and unless I can get in I have to just except checks. That totally sucks.

I didn't see anything. It was the first time I used it.

Hulamoon
August 19th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I found out my Paypal problem. I called them and he said to change my broswer to Firefox. That worked, but I can't find where to enlarge text. So I switched back to Explorer.

Do you know where to change it?

ilive2craft2
August 19th, 2015, 08:33 PM
I found out my Paypal problem. I called them and he said to change my broswer to Firefox. That worked, but I can't find where to enlarge text. So I switched back to Explorer.

Do you know where to change it?

Are you wanting to enlarge the web page view in Firefox? If so, you should be able to use the menu bar on the right - looks like 3 bars - you can then use the + to enlarge the entire webpage. If you want to change just the font, use the same menu bar, but then choose options - on the content tab you can change the font and the size of the font. Hope this helps!

Hulamoon
August 19th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Are you wanting to enlarge the web page view in Firefox? If so, you should be able to use the menu bar on the right - looks like 3 bars - you can then use the + to enlarge the entire webpage. If you want to change just the font, use the same menu bar, but then choose options - on the content tab you can change the font and the size of the font. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I'll check it later today. Iv'e been staring at the puter so long my eyes are getting strained. Plus searching for answers, it was more helpful asking here :)

ilive2craft2
August 19th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Most web browsers you can also do some keyboard shortcuts to enlarge the screen - hold down ctrl and the +, to make it smaller again use ctrl and - there might also be a magnifying class in the address bar to set it back to default. :)

Hulamoon
August 19th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Most web browsers you can also do some keyboard shortcuts to enlarge the screen - hold down ctrl and the +, to make it smaller again use ctrl and - there might also be a magnifying class in the address bar to set it back to default. :)

I don't know shortcuts, so thanks again!

I got my charm packs today and M* uses Endicia. I'm happy all my confusion is over. lol

SallyO'Sews
August 19th, 2015, 11:52 PM
The only check box I see is for priority. Where do you find the first class? I have a headache from looking.

If I'm not mistaken, Priority is the same as first class in terms of how long it takes to get from one location to another. But first class is for things like letters, whereas Priority is for packages (boxes).

Hulamoon
August 20th, 2015, 12:19 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Priority is the same as first class in terms of how long it takes to get from one location to another. But first class is for things like letters, whereas Priority is for packages (boxes).

Anything 13oz and under is first class. USPS just doesn't give that option to print out the label anymore. I sold on Ebay for many years and then etsy. I sent boxes all the time first class.