PDA

View Full Version : Good morning, night owls!

Andrea F
August 18th, 2015, 03:26 AM
I didn't see the night owls around so I thought I'd just wish you all a good morning!

Back to work today after a wonderful weekend. Paris was wonderful and meeting Jean and her sister was a delight. I definitely have to go back Paris and see more of it, maybe at spring time. Right now, it's vacation time in France and the central public transportation line that usually goes to all the important places was down for mending the rails, which made finding your way a little bit difficult. Anyway, it was beautiful, warm and the sun was shining. Back home, it's cold and dark outside and it rains all the time. Doesn't feel like August or summer at all.

Three more weeks and I will be in Potsdam for a conference for a couple of days and after that only one more week until it's beach vacation time for us. I'm so ready for that! What are you looking forward to?

bubba
August 18th, 2015, 03:31 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing what's inside my boxes!!!! They just sit in the corner and glare at me......

Hulamoon
August 18th, 2015, 03:41 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing what's inside my boxes!!!! They just sit in the corner and glare at me......
I'm glad you finally gave up what it was. That was exhausting! lol

Andrea F
August 18th, 2015, 04:19 AM

You didn't even peek inside? I admire your self control!

bubba
August 18th, 2015, 04:49 AM
You didn't even peek inside? I admire your self control!

My sciatica hurts so bad I can't even tip the lightest weight box!!! MM was no help! He told me if I didn't feel well enough to do anything with them to go lie back down.....so I did!

Lightwriter
August 18th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Pat, I was convinced it was a Juki all along, have no idea why. Maybe it just made sense with all the bag sewing you do. Enjoy!

Hope your back gets better. Physical therapy helps me some as do some steroid shots, but mine is chronic and surgery will not help. Getting old is hard work! My back problems came and went for years before it finally settled in for permanent residence. Hope yours goes and does not return.

I am sincerely hoping I get to sew for the next couple of days. It has been way too busy going places I had to go for the last few days. I need to finish the I Spy quilt as the baby has arrived. Also have new embroidery project in mind if Ella B will keep behaving and stitch out while I finish I Spy. Not saying what that is as it will be a challenge project for the guild and we are supposed to keep that secret. Don't think any guild members are on the forum, but you never know!

On the journey yesterday we went very close to a quilt shop. I talked DH into the short detour to get Row by Row...got there and they were closed on Monday! Aaaaarrrggghhh!

DD called Sunday and told me she had finally gone by quilt store in Manhattan and got Row by Row for me! Sounds intriguing...it is a city skyline by water. I'm excited to have one from NYC.

Have a good Wednesday! Keep calm and quilt on.

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2015, 09:59 AM

You know that you are taking a few years off everyone's life expectancy, don't you?

kimsophia
August 18th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Good morning, Night Owls...lol I slept from 10 p.m. to 7:52 a.m. so I am moving a couple of hours ahead each night. :) What am I looking forward to? Well I printed out Toggpine's Gingersnap recipe so I will get in gear and make that soon to use up my candied ginger. :)

bubba
August 18th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Pat, I was convinced it was a Juki all along, have no idea why. Maybe it just made sense with all the bag sewing you do. Enjoy!

Hope your back gets better. Physical therapy helps me some as do some steroid shots, but mine is chronic and surgery will not help. Getting old is hard work! My back problems came and went for years before it finally settled in for permanent residence. Hope yours goes and does not return.

Oh, this is not something that just mysteriously showed up and reared its ugly head. It is something constantly with me, but not normally like this. I was in a serious accident in the early 1990's which I fully recovered from, but then in the late 1990's, I injured my back at work and pain has been with me daily since. A couple times of year, it gets really bad where it's all I can do to get back and forth to the bathroom. It usually is in the winter when it's really cold. However, it has been in the high 80's and 90's everyday the past few weeks, then last week it did not even break 70 and I think it is the drastic weather change that did it. The doctors have told me that surgery is not an option, so I live with it.

Today it seems a bit better, hopefully it will stay that way.

sewlucky
August 18th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Today I should be able to get my quilt top for hubby finished. I have one more row to sew and then will press all the rows and decide on the layout. :)

I've been reading a lot too, really enjoying Book 7 of the Outlander series, "An Echo in the Bone".