PDA

View Full Version : Forum friends are the best!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 16th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Yesterday was a very special day for me. Not only was it my last day in Paris, but I got to meet Andrea From Germany. She drove down from NW Germany to Paris so we could meet. It was both her and my first time in Paris, and it was lovely spending the time with her and husband Thomas.

First we met at the Museum D'Orsay, then we went to the Eiffel Tower together! Wow, the crowds were just unbelievable! So we opted for finding a restaurant for dinner and came back to the Tower after dark! Wow, it is so beautiful lit up at night

We just had the best time with them, and we got back to our hotel at 11:00, tired but very happy for our great day together! We left early this morning for Chalon sur Saone, the town at the beginning of our River cruise in Southern France.

Sorry, pictures won't upload down here on the River!

Altairss
August 16th, 2015, 05:53 PM
So glad you had a fantastic time! Can't wait to see pictures.

dwil23
August 16th, 2015, 06:09 PM
That is the best! I had a feeling the other day when you suggested it that she would after all who would be five hours away from Jean and the Eiffel tower and not?:)

Glad you are having a wonderful time! Looking forward to seeing pics...

kimsophia
August 16th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I love the Musee d'Orsay! I loved it so much I had the upstairs in my house painted the color of the marble walls there. Too bad I don't have all the artwork, though! ;-) I'm so glad you are having a wonderful time. :)

K. McEuen
August 16th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Glad that you and Andrea had a great meet-up. Also glad to hear that you are out of Paris and away from those hungry Metro cars ...

Claire Hallman
August 16th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Great that you got the chance to meet and hang out in such a beautiful place.

Kgrammiecaz
August 16th, 2015, 07:10 PM
What fun you are having. Good to hear you were able to meet up, a rare opportunity.

songbird857
August 16th, 2015, 07:23 PM
What an awesome time you are having!! Living vicariously and can't wait to see pics :)

Cathy F
August 16th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Isn't it great to meet people in the places you'd least expect! Enjoy your trip the river cruise sounds terrific. The view from the Eiffel Tower is spectacular, but I wish I had been there to see it at night we weren't there long enough to do that.

Sandy Navas
August 16th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the check-in. I'm excited that you got to meet up with Andrea. What a thrill.

JaniceR
August 16th, 2015, 09:32 PM
So good to hear you are having such a wonderful time! And how nice to get to spend time with a forum friend! Very special.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and the rest of your trip!!

Grandma Nan
August 16th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Jean it sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy!!

Ginny B
August 16th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Oh my gosh, how wonderful that you got to meet Andrea! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and can't wait to see pictures.

KarenC
August 16th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Sounds like fun. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

stationarymom
August 17th, 2015, 01:56 AM
How special you got to meet a forum member and Night Owl in person.I hope you both had a great time.

Simply Quilting
August 17th, 2015, 03:09 AM
Jean, sounds like you are having a fabulous time on your trip. I like that you got to meet up with a forum friend - always neat to meet in person. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and I can't wait to see pictures :)

Sylvia H
August 17th, 2015, 03:17 AM
Fantastic! You are having a great adventure, made even more special by meeting a forum friend. Thanks for the updates.

bkthomas
August 17th, 2015, 03:44 AM
So happy for you Jean!!! ......and Andrea!

auntiemern
August 17th, 2015, 04:01 AM
How exciting for you. Enjoy the rest of your trip, and do be careful...please.

rebeccas-sewing
August 17th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Glad you're having fun, Jean. Thanks for filling us in.

Monique
August 17th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Isn't it wonderful when you can meet up with forum friends. Glad it happened. Sounds like you are having a blast.

Bubby
August 17th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Lucky Girl....Paril AND hooking up with Andrea. So glad you're having a terrific time!!

Iris Girl
August 17th, 2015, 08:39 AM
How exciting and wonderful you get to meet! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Andrea F
August 17th, 2015, 08:49 AM
It was a wonderful day! Meeting Paris, Jean and her sister was the highlight of my year so far! I'm going to post a few pictures as soon as I have them transferred to my computer :)