PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl hooting early

Lightwriter
August 16th, 2015, 12:36 AM
Was really pooped after today, took a nap, and am flying about already. Took Ella B to be fixed today...at least he worked on her while I waited. Left house at 7:30, drove 60 miles, left there about 12. Went hunting down another quilt shop and it was further than we thought. We found it, but it was really out on the wilds of Virginia. Cute little store but will not be back. Finally made it home about 4:30 with a resolution to never try Row by Row again. It is just too far to hunt down all the stores around here. Talk about scattered!

Hope all is well in the forest. Hoot on!

Angelia
August 16th, 2015, 12:41 AM
I cut scraps today--nice and relaxing. I may do some more tomorrow. Need all the relaxing I can get since school starts Monday. Reading a book, trying to get sleepy. :icon_sleep: Hoot!

kimsophia
August 16th, 2015, 01:06 AM
I'm happy tonight as somebody claimed the two CRT televisions that were taking up space in the garage. The new owners are glad to have them as they just moved here and their TV broke in the move. I got both of these free myself on Freecycle. Sometimes you can get fabric for free on that.

No sewing for me until my elbow is better. I do have fabric to cut up and make into binding when I get ambitious ;) I hope everyone is feeling well :)

bubba
August 16th, 2015, 01:12 AM
We drove to Seattle for purse hardware and I got a bunch!!! Rectangles and slides, and a bunch other stuff to include elastic! I even got some cool fabric there! From there we went to another fabric store and yes, I managed to buy more fabric. Got home and while I was in the bathroom, the doorbell started ringing. One of my four boxes arrived!! Who does that? If you are sending four boxes and they all got loaded on the truck together, they should all get unloaded together too! Noooooo....the other three get here on Monday!

Then the bell rang again! Fabric I ordered from Fabric Depot that I'm using to make a Nora for myself!!!! I can't wait!

MM laid down after this for a 'short nap'. Well, I woke him at 1930 and he fell back asleep till 2000......then got up. By then I was making myself popcorn for dinner and he was cranky I had the nerve to wake him up! He got even crankier when I told him I was not cooking dinner that late and I was having popcorn! He fixed himself a grilled cheese and seems to be at peace once again.

baskets4deb
August 16th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Okay, what is in the big box? Do we have to wait until Monday to find out? Inquiring minds want to know...

sewlucky
August 16th, 2015, 01:27 AM
All three of my boys (hubby and sons) went to a fun golf tournament today and came home with a couple of small appliances - breakfast sandwich maker and a MagicBullet dessert masked...because we don't have enough appliance gadgets around lol.

While I had most of the day to myself I did get some sewing in! I have all of the strip sets complete and all of the arrow points sewn for my Wanderlust quilt for hubby. Tomorrow I will get a few more rows completed, they won't take long I was just tired and it is grey and cool out today so I ended ended up crawling right into beds to warm up and napped for a couple hours.

All in all a good day :)

Terri

bubba
August 16th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Okay, what is in the big box? Do we have to wait until Monday to find out? Inquiring minds want to know...

Dunno.....did not open it!

Simply Quilting
August 16th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Today was six hours at the pool. Tomorrow the pool closes and the children are wanting to get in as many hours as they can before it closes for the summer. I did take my quilting notebooks and worked on organizing them into one. While I am at the pool, I think of all kinds of projects and things that I want to do but by the time we get home, I'm too tired to do everything that I was thinking about doing. I did manage to get a little bit of sewing done tonight. And I found a pattern that will work for a project that I'm doing.

Have a Hoot of a time tonight everyone. This night owl is heading to bed. :)

sewlucky
August 16th, 2015, 02:09 AM
What happened to your elbow?

I'm happy tonight as somebody claimed the two CRT televisions that were taking up space in the garage. The new owners are glad to have them as they just moved here and their TV broke in the move. I got both of these free myself on Freecycle. Sometimes you can get fabric for free on that.

No sewing for me until my elbow is better. I do have fabric to cut up and make into binding when I get ambitious ;) I hope everyone is feeling well :)

Granny Judy
August 16th, 2015, 04:33 AM
It is 2:30 a.m. here.. woke up all refreshed and rarin' to go. Only there is nothing happening at this hour. Yuk.. guess I had to come here and hang out. I did buy the DD... love that fabric (got red in it!!)

I hope I'm not the only one who goes thru color love and can't stop collecting THAT color.
Right now it is red. A few months ago it was Blues. Had a long affair with Black & White...

Got to fly out to the kitchen and see if there is anything to snack on... Don't worry, I'll be back and hanging out around here for awhile.

kimsophia
August 16th, 2015, 05:22 AM
What happened to your elbow?

About five years ago, after a long winter, it was spring and I was really excited to garden outside and I went out and pulled weeds so repetitively that I gave myself bursitis in my right elbow. It was so severe that I knew my gardening days were over. I gave away my garden tools so I wouldn't be tempted to use them again. Pressing down on the machine table while FMQing and moving the quilt around re-injured it.

Sandy Navas
August 16th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Sending healing thoughts to Kim's elbow.

Hulamoon
August 16th, 2015, 12:25 PM
popcorn for dinner

I do that. Sometimes add an apple or grapes on the side. Talk about fiber. lol

bubba
August 16th, 2015, 02:21 PM
It is 2:30 a.m. here.. woke up all refreshed and rarin' to go. Only there is nothing happening at this hour. Yuk.. guess I had to come here and hang out. I did buy the DD... love that fabric (got red in it!!)

I hope I'm not the only one who goes thru color love and can't stop collecting THAT color.
Right now it is red. A few months ago it was Blues. Had a long affair with Black & White...

Got to fly out to the kitchen and see if there is anything to snack on... Don't worry, I'll be back and hanging out around here for awhile.

When we were in Seattle yesterday, we drove past a store called 'The Purple Store'. Certainly, the outside was very purple! As we went past, it said everything inside was purple too! By what I could see, it sure was! MM had no desire to stop so we kept going :(

sewlucky
August 16th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Ouch Kim! I hope that rest has it feeling better soon. You are so close to done that Kaffe quilt!

Terri

kimsophia
August 16th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Ouch Kim! I hope that rest has it feeling better soon. You are so close to done that Kaffe quilt!

Terri

No worries. A few days of ibuprofin, cool packs and rest seem to work. However I have no idea if I'll be awake tonight so first Night Owl, please post! :)