PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays are necessary

Blondie
October 27th, 2011, 06:57 AM

Good Thursday Morning, Folksies
Thursdays are necessary. Yes they are. It is my one day that is a break from all the running I have to do and help someone look better and therefore, feel better about themselves. And yes! No Marge Simpson hairdos in the usual suspects. Can I get an Amen?

After work, I need to get some gasoline and groceries. Not much of either but then the afternoon should be mine to be able to sit and stitch,( I am hoping). The other day I began a DP9 for the new wee one that will be arriving in May. I would like to make more than one quilt for the baby. Of course, I do! Baby quilts go so much quicker than a big one. I want to make some cutesy bibs too. This is gonna be fun. Just wish the happy couple lived a bit closer to me.

Off to find my coffee cup, jump in the shower and get ready to greet the beautiful day that the Lord has made just for me. (and you)

Smile everyone! Pretend you're on candid camera!

quilter.martha
October 27th, 2011, 07:38 AM
How fun to sew for your first grandbaby! Enjoy every minute of it Blondie. I have cute paper pieced baby bib I found a while back and saved to my computer. I'll see if I can figure out how to send it to you.

Granny Judy
October 27th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Making Seasonal decorations... Got the pumpkins ready.. Now to find that scarecrow. I know it isn't quilting, but It's sew crafty!!

I'm awake way too early, but am just redirecting my wayward sleep habits. After the kiddos get up and off to work it's scrub me then get the laundry done before I can get back to my sewing.. Am using 8.5 x 8.5 panels to practise Trapunto. It's fun to have 2 different machines set up.. but I'm not getting my UFOs finished... Got a quilt to get done before I start on another one... so these little distractions keep popping up.

Huggers to all and prayers sent where needed.

KiltedQuilter
October 27th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Candid Camera....hmm didn't something usually happen to make people end up looking like this> :icon_eek: on that show???
You are right though Blondie, I certainly know a LOT of people who should smile more. Apparently it makes you "look" younger to others too! always a good thing, no?!
:D

Today I will be looking at the horrid weather and NOT putting my washing out even if we do get a blink of sun. Also on the agenda will be some housework and hopefully(all going well) some sewing. Mind you the baby has taken to only napping for a bout 20 minutes during the day so that's about enough time to get the kettle on and make a sandwich(or pootle about on here!:icon_whistle: :0)

Have a great day everyone!

Bubby
October 27th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Good Morning Everyone....I'm up early with DH but I managed to get some sleep last night. Thanks for all the sleepy wishes for me. If I can sleep again I should feel so much better.

It's raining here and all our beautiful autumn leaves are falling. I hate to see them go, especially the sugar maple in front of our house. Fall is my favorite season and it's always way to short as far as I'm concerned. I have my house pretty much back in order after DD and DGS's visit. I'm determined to sit down and sew today. I have some table runners to make as holiday gifts so I need to kick myself in the backside and get busy! Wishing everyone a good Thursday with hugs all around....Barb

rebeccas-sewing
October 27th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I've been meaning to ask you, Barb, do you actually drive that tractor or are you sitting up there for a photo op! I've never driven one but it looks like fun as long as it's not work they're expecting out of me! LOL

meemeecyn
October 27th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Happy Thursday everyone! Will be meeting tonight for our weekly craft gathering...the hospital Craft Fair is just around the corner and have lots to still do. But can not start the day without my Forum 'fix'!

Blondie....Amen. Thank you for your always upbeat greetings.

Barb...glad you got a better sleep. Hope you do get a chance to sew. It always takes time to get the house 'back together' after kids and company.

Kilted Quilter....love your 'scotchisms'! Imagine...... we can all talk together and be on opposite sides of the world!

Love your Pumpkin, Judy!

Hey, Martha! How ya doing, Friend? I am still glowing from our visit together!

Rebecca.....great question. I have been meaning to ask that of Barb, too!

Monique
October 27th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Just a quick note to say hello. Off to get my granddaughter and bring her home for a week. Can't wait to have all to myself for a while. I will try and catch up as much as I can.

Take care everyone. Birthday, anniversary, congratulations, deepest sympathy, get well soon wishes, and happy quilting wishes goes out to all those who need them. (I think I have them all covered).

Kizzie
October 27th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Morning lovely ladies!

How is everyone going! I received an order from MSQC yippee and it had minkee charm packs init hooray!! o0o0 they feel so nice!!! so im going to attempt a rag quilt!!

Talking about cameras Tilly has just begun Giggling!!! She has done a few chuckles previously but she was in this complete and utter tantrum just before bedtime! and so I laid her on my bed to change her and then started saying "Thats dad and my name is mum" WELL! as soon as I said "My names mum" she would NOT stop giggling she thought it was hillarious that I'm her mum!! haha !! well hope this brings a smile to your day!!!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150886158880277

Also.. I have a shocking memory and I remember someone posting up a beautiful table runner of fall colours using what seemed to be like a friendship braid pattern... can anyone help me pretty please!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!! :icon_wave:

cyndiofthevortex
October 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Hi all and happy Thursday!

First of all AMEN to Blondie! I made a cute baby quilt in an evening using the pinwheel block in the tutorials. Actually, I've made more than one and have another planned, fabric all picked out. They are easy, fun and "darling" as they say in the videos!

Judy, I've never tried Trapunto. Let us know how it goes! And once in a while get a UFO finished! I've been working on mine and it feels SO GOOD to get one finished.

KiltedQuilter, you have it backwards - sewing and then housework! The messy house always gets messy again but quilt tops stay pieced and quilts stay quilted! That's my philosophy.

Barb, so glad to hear you slept last night. Now if we can pray you into sleeping well every night!

Cynthia, make Martha bring me along next time! Maybe I'll just stow away in her car until it's too late to turn around to return me. I want to meet you, too!

Monique, glad to hear you get a week with your grandaughter. I live next door two two grandsons and a grand-foster baby, so I get grammie time every day. I babysit them this aftenoon so they'll "help" me straighten up the house while I get some sewing in this morning. They are 4 and 3 and I never know which superhero is going to come through my door at any minute of the day.

We're expecting our first snowfall today, just a dusting but still! It is too early for snow! Time to quilt to get my mind off it. Come to think of it, there's always a reason to quilt in my schedule.

Smiles to all,

Cyndi

debinmalaga
October 27th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Good morning friends!!! It's a gloomy, rainy day here in NJ... I wouldn't mind if I were home (perfect quilting weather!) but alas, it's work till six for me :(. Oh well, just have to remind myself that I'm lucky to be working when so many are not.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!!!

oldgurl4
October 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
MOrning Everyone...
What's that I just READ? !!
~Blonde~ U-R gonna Be a Granny....

Ohhh!!! Congratz Sweety! to You & your Family

U will NEVER BE THE SAME...... Welll Uhhhhhhmmmm.....
WAit.... Let Me Refrace THis!!!
LOL...LOL

i don't think you will ever change Blondie.... This Baby is gonna have sewww MUCH FUN WITH YA!!!
Blessing to You and Family....this is Wonderful News.

Monique I wish I could live closer to my Gran-bebes.... Enjoy your time with her.

~Have a GR8 Day Everyone~

HandsOffItsMine
October 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Aloha all,

I tend to feel so behind when I read up on you guys.

The Vog from the Big Island seems to be lightening up and the Trade Winds are coming back. Yea! Our fall is 5 degrees cooler, yet it does make a difference. Funny though to see the locals in sweaters and jackets, plus they're selling ugs in the stores, frankly they are ugly no matter where you live.

Meeting up with a cyber friend from City-Data.com, she's planning on moving from San Diego with her hubby. Been on the Hawaii forum with her since April, we finally get to meet in person. Allison is on a pre-move scouting trip and they plan to make the big move in about 60 to 90 days. Will be fun to see if we click as much in person as we do in writing. Here's to good food and laughs.

Folks have a wonderful day, hugs and prayers, Ruby

KiltedQuilter
October 27th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Meemeecyn ] I have a LOAD more Scottishisms! :D

Cyndiofthevortex you are right! In the end I got a bit more sewing done seeing as hubby was in late from work. It was my plan all along to have frozen pizza for dinner :icon_whistle:

janluna
October 27th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone, I actually got to sew on my tumbler quilt for my DSIL. First row is done, and 2nd row is started. I really like the colors. My SIL is a big Notre Dame fan so I am doing the quilt in blues and golds. Sarah always gets cold while watching tv. So I am making her a quilt to go with her fav team so she stays warm. She started out as a gym teacher and ended up being Dean of all students at Notre Dame College In Indiana. She loves sports, especially the college teams. She is a fascinating lady!
Prayers for everyone, and thanks to Blondie for your wonderful beginnings to the day. Love to all, Jan L.