PDA

View Full Version : General Night Owling

kimsophia
August 13th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Whoa, I really am Night Owling as I just woke up at 11:30! How's everybody doing? I plan to finish off another row of zig zags tonight! :D

sewlucky
August 13th, 2015, 02:04 AM
I'm exhausted. Didn't sleep until well after 4am this morning and was up with a phone call at 9:30. No nap today and a migraine hangover all day. I didn't even go volunteer as planned. I tried to sub cut the strips I cut yesterday but made mistakes (salvageable) on both sets I did so decided to wait on the other 6.

Cooler here tonight. I'm sure I will sleep well. Night all.

Terri

bubba
August 13th, 2015, 02:05 AM
I'm happy that I could have the back door open all day today and no stink from the back yard!!!! Poor MM appears to be traumatized from having to deal with carcass removal.

Last night when I could not sleep, I ordered an industrial Juki. It's already enroute from Los Angeles. First email said it would be here Tuesday, but I just checked tracking and now it says Monday!!! It may be living in boxes for a bit till I get things figured out in my sewing room layout because something is going to have to go!!

I made the creamy shrimp and vegie casserole again for dinner. I am really liking that dish! And so easy to fix!

I hear a zipper pocket calling my name....I think I'll go put it in!

sewlucky
August 13th, 2015, 02:11 AM
Forgot to share a Para PanAm update for today. Our men beat Puerto Rico in wheelchair basketball and move on to semi finals Friday. Our Wheelchair rugby team lost a double overtime hair raiser to the USA! Here's a cool interactive photo of our friend, and one of my sons wheelchair basketball teammates, rugby chair. Zak is an all around awesome kid - and is one of "the ones to watch" in the wheelchair rugby world!

How Parapan Am wheelchair rugby player Zak Madell girds for battle (http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-sports/2015/08/06/how-parapan-am-wheelchair-rugby-player-zak-madell-girds-for-battle/)

Terri

Neller
August 13th, 2015, 02:39 AM
Hello all,

I've been doing more knitting than sewing lately. Finished a scarf today and have one more sleeve for granddaughter's cardigan. I bought some yarn for another scarf from my knit shop in Anchorage where I used to live and didn't ask the price. It's going to be the spendiest scarf I own but the yarn (silk and cashmere) is luscious!

One of these days I will get out to my sewing room and start in on the quilts again.

kimsophia
August 13th, 2015, 02:44 AM
I think this is crochet work but I ran across it and thought it was funny: Ravelry: Bulky & Quick Shark Blanket pattern by MJ's Off The Hook Designs (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bulky--quick-shark-blanket)

Simply Quilting
August 13th, 2015, 03:02 AM
I finished up cutting out the interfacing for the orange peel quilt so it is ready to take for the retreat. Then I've pulled out some fabric for a project but really didn't want to turn the iron on so late. That will be one of my projects for tomorrow night if all of tomorrow's activities don't wear me out first. There are several things scheduled for tomorrow so I'd better get to bed and try to get a few hours sleep.

Have a hoot of a night everyone :)

Lightwriter
August 13th, 2015, 03:38 AM
Dagnabit! Sweet Ella B, the embroidery machine, must be bipolar. Some thread snagged coming off the spool and she jammed. Now she won't thread or sew. Sigh. Have an appt. Saturday for her therapy treatment. That is a 60 Mile drive one way. I sure wish something was closer, but it isn't. I had a Row by Row expedition planned Saturday, but that has now bit the bullet as that is 60 miles in a different direction.

So I am 2 squares away from having enough for the I Spy quilt. Sigh.

Pat, sounds like you have some excitement coming your way in those boxes. Have fun with the new Juki. I respect your ability with bags.

Neller, DD lived in Anchorage for three years and we visited her twice. Lots of neat little shops. Saw some beautiful yarns up there.

Terri, I actually saw a wheelchair basketball game when I was young. It is fascinating what they can do. Good luck to your son. Hope your migraine fades on away soon.

Eye appt for me tomorrow and Friday DH gets stitches out of mouth. We have eaten softer food all week.

Took the dogs back to the vet for a second steroid and antibiotic injection for the itchies. They were really miserable. We use a chewable med for fleas, but this is a seasonable problem July-October. Benadryl does not give them much relief. I think we have tried every hot spot med around. She gave them a shorter term shot, but also gave us a prednisone taper to give by mouth in hopes it would last longer. She also gave us prescription shampoo. It seems to have really helped the female and at least calmed the male down some. The itchies are getting expensive.

Have a good day all!

Neller
August 13th, 2015, 03:40 AM
I think this is crochet work but I ran across it and thought it was funny: Ravelry: Bulky & Quick Shark Blanket pattern by MJ's Off The Hook Designs (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bulky--quick-shark-blanket)

I saw that on Ravelry the other day! Really cute!

bubba
August 13th, 2015, 04:09 AM
I actually went upstairs and sewed tonight after MM left for work!! I have most the outside of another Nora done and all of the lining is sewn together!!! I think I probably have no more than two hours left on her and I will color her done! This one is in Seahawk fabric. If nobody cares to buy it, I might carry it around and see if that will get me any orders! I know if I carried it at the fair next month, I would for sure!!!!

I did get a NCW order today. One of my friends wants one exactly like the last one I posted. I told her it will be a couple weeks as I told a friend I'd do a flower girl dress for her daughters wedding. This is the daughter of my good friend who was murdered almost six years ago (he was a deputy). It is going to be adorable!!! We are taking an old pair of Oshkosh overalls, cutting them off at the waist and putting tulle (like a tutu) all around it!!! Supposed to hang down to the knees. I've never done anything like this before, but I just could not tell her no :(

Midnight is my goal for bed tonight.....then I'll think about my boxes and lay awake half the night again! Is it Monday yet??

kimsophia
August 13th, 2015, 04:18 AM
I saw that on Ravelry the other day! Really cute!

I've been watching all the Sharknado movies...lol I even went to a Rifftrax of the second one done by some of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys... :) Although the sharks in space of the third one was so ridiculous...lol Yes, they went too far! lolol Sure, sharks in tornados, but not in space!

kimsophia
August 13th, 2015, 05:30 AM
Ack. 3:30 and I've done 39 inches. 47 left to go. :P I'm tired.