PDA

View Full Version : The Night Owl thunks along

kimsophia
August 7th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Hootie hoo! The thunking is the sound of my walking foot, finishing up the SITD. Next is some FMQing. I put in a topstitch needle but I think the microtex made an more even stitch...I'm not sure what's up with that.

How are the Night Owls/Larks out there doing? I hope you are having a pleasant evening. @,@ Give us a hoot!

sewlucky
August 7th, 2015, 02:09 AM
I'm headache free for the first time today. Didn't get any sewing I had hoped to do today done. Seems like the story of my life lately. Maybe tomorrow! I'm a victim of overthinking my project, just gotta get busy and do it.

Terri

bubba
August 7th, 2015, 02:48 AM
I'm awake, and with my luck, I'll be up half the night. I slept well last night...took a sleeping pill! Slept till 0930, got up, VERY sore throat, had ice cream for breakfast and fell asleep on the couch! Woke up, had ice cream for lunch!! Dozed on and off, had fried rice for dinner that MM went and picket up and now I'm just watching recordings on TV.

The show I'm watching right now is Project Runway.....anyone else watch it?

redcaboose1717
August 7th, 2015, 02:48 AM
I'm headache free for the first time today. Didn't get any sewing I had hoped to do today done. Seems like the story of my life lately. Maybe tomorrow! I'm a victim of overthinking my project, just gotta get busy and do it.

Terri

I am like "Sewlucky" ( Terri ) ....I am pretty much pain free right now. I am going start on another Thread Catcher Bag, and some pillowcases for my own bedroom. I noticed when I washed the sheets this past Monday, just how dull the matching pillowcases to a much loved sheet set looked, so it was off to Jo-Ann's for fabric to make four pillowcases.Good thing Jo-Ann's had ( we each sleepon 2 pillows ) I think Country Classic Broad Cloth was on sale......So, I am going to make some pillowcases for my own use in about 10 minutes ! LOL !

Granny Judy
August 7th, 2015, 03:01 AM

Lovely orphan blocks that I just rece'd and had to put together... The sashing really shows off each one. Thank you Quiltfreestyle!!

It was a full day for me and I got to finish it off with some sewing therapy!! Can't ask for a better day when you get so much accomplished and Purdy to look at too!!

stationarymom
August 7th, 2015, 03:05 AM
I just made it,I hope everyone is having a good night so far.I had to go shopping for an outfit for a wedding for the weekend today so didn't even touch any sewing projects.I hate shopping,it is so hard to find tops that fit because I am short and fat.Someone out there thinks that all fat women are tall.

Lightwriter
August 7th, 2015, 03:09 AM
Pain free...don't know what that is these days. Head, back, and hip has sung quite a chorus this week. I don't think I like this tune.

Have made progress on I Spy quilt. Two whole days sewing this week...trying to keep my mind off things. I think the embroidered aliens/monsters will add to the quirkiness of the whole thing. They are all happy and should ward away the mean vicious monsters supposedly hiding under the bed. It's definitely going to be different. I will admit to enjoying the embroidery so far and Ella B has behaved pretty well. It's pretty fitting...I spent growing up doing regular hand embroidery and crewel and then graduated to counted cross stitch in my 20's. Now it's watching a machine stitch it out. Hmmm....the more things change, the more they stay the same.

DH has MOHs surgery on his lip today...hope it is not as bad as his MOHs on his ear several years ago. Most pain I have ever seen the man in and he is tough. May be a long weekend.

Stay healthy and have fun sewing! Happy August!

snippet
August 7th, 2015, 04:48 AM
Glad to hear some of you are pain free, and praying for good days for the others.

I've been trying to do some embroidering and my machine is not behaving. I get midway through the design an the machine stops, saying I have to clean under the bobbin area. I clean it out, seeing nothing, and it still beeps at me. I have to turn it off an on before it lets me sew a little more. I'm sure I have some fluff somewhere, I just can't find it and I don't have a can of air to blow it out.

I should give up and go to bed.

Andrea F
August 7th, 2015, 05:40 AM
Good morning! It's already 10:30 and I just got up a few minutes ago. Fell asleep on the couch yesterday and therefore went to bed at 4:30 this am. I visited my poor little sister yesterday. She looks terrible and still had major headaches and dizzyness. She thinks she might have a problem with her neck from hitting the ground with her face first. She's going to see her doctor today and ask him about it. I hope they will scan her brain again when some time has passed to make sure there's no blood clot.
I got some sewing done after my nap. Finished the lining of my small lunch bag and started a NCW for a friend, matching the bag I made for her the other day. Today it's raining and I have nowhere to be, I hope to spend most of my day in the sewing room.

Connie, I'm sending good thoughts to you and your hubby today. Hope all goes well with his surgery and your pain eases up a bit.

Pat, get well soon. Sorry you're sick again, the last time wasn't that long ago, was it? I love Project Runway! They don't show it here on TV, I think some of it was shown on the music channel. But I found a site (actually my sons did) for streaming and they had almost every episode that ever went on air. I believe I've seem them all. Is there a new season right now? I'm watching Supernatural at the moment.

Have a good night and a wonderful day tomorrow!

Hulamoon
August 7th, 2015, 07:22 AM
I'm not doing so good. My neighbor came over and told me my cat wasn't looking so good on her back porch. She never complains about him, so I said I'll drive around, he's really heavy. I put him in the kitchen and he was gone within the hour :(

He wasn't hit by a car or old so it makes me really sad I didn't see it coming. RIP Mushu.

oldsewer
August 7th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Lorie, My sympathies for the loss of your beloved friend. Peace.

Sandy Navas
August 7th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I'm not doing so good. My neighbor came over and told me my cat wasn't looking so good on her back porch. She never complains about him, so I said I'll drive around, he's really heavy. I put him in the kitchen and he was gone within the hour :(

He wasn't hit by a car or old so it makes me really sad I didn't see it coming. RIP Mushu.

So sad!! Wonder if he got into some poison somewhere. It isn't easy loosing our furry ones. Sending hugs.

Vonnie
August 7th, 2015, 09:25 AM
I'm so sorry Lorie.

Hulamoon
August 7th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks. My neighbor said poison too.When I put him down in the kitchen (to keep the dog away) he was having trouble with his back legs. I was going to take him in this morning. sigh

Claire Hallman
August 7th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Sorry about your fur baby. Sad that they can't tell us when something is wrong.

bubba
August 7th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Andrea, a new season started just last night.

sewlucky
August 7th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Aww Lorie, sorry about your kitty :( Hugs!

Terri

Hulamoon
August 7th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Thank you.

But now back to Project Runway. What a crazy cast! When can you see so many strange people sewing together at once? I love it! lol

bubba
August 7th, 2015, 05:48 PM
I like the contestants this time too! I was surprised with who went home last night, because I felt that short little Asian girl should have been sent packing. Or the guy who did the crazy dress w/the yellow lining!!!

Hulamoon
August 7th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I like the contestants this time too! I was surprised with who went home last night, because I felt that short little Asian girl should have been sent packing. Or the guy who did the crazy dress w/the yellow lining!!!

I agree, it was his answer that he doesn't know what he want's to do. If he didn't say that he would probably still be there. I liked him.

bubba
August 7th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Yep....that is exactly what did him in!! I really wanted to see what he could do.

Andrea F
August 8th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Ohhhh, wonderful, I'm off watching it!