PDA

View Full Version : Its Tuesday!

Divine Daisy
October 25th, 2011, 06:51 AM
A song for tuesday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVKVsoK7dOM

i am enjoying finding a song for the day lol.

Before i retired (kinda) my secretary and i did not like tuesdays. We used to wail........its tuesdayyyyyyyyyy. Tuesday is a 'non' day. Its not the beginning of a new week, its too far from the end of the week, and you have to do all the job you 'didnt have time for in a monday' but would be shameful if you got to wednesday without them being done.

But THIS tuesday is a good one. i took the day off from my voluntary work to finish this acursed quilt (come hell or high water) It was meant to be a quick quilt and it has developed every problem known to man. it so needs to be done and out of my house! As well as achieving that, today Heather leaves Ghana, and will be home tomorrow!!!!!!!! yayyyyy. i wont see her until the weekend but i will know she is safe.

i hope everyone has a productive tuesday too. Now get those jobs done (wags finger)

hugs to all
Daisy

quilter.martha
October 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Today is definitely Tuesday! It's going to be a special day for me, in 2 ways. First, today is my DS's 23rd birthday. I've been wondering where all those years went...

And, today I am meeting up--face to face!--with our very own Cynthia! I am so excited I can hardly sit still. We live about 1 to 2 hours apart, so we are meeting half way at a quilt shop. We'll shop and then have some lunch!

Prayers for safety for Heather's travels, Daisy.

Have a great day everyone!

Blondie
October 25th, 2011, 07:55 AM

Good Morning ladies

Time to put my big girl panties on and bring Mom back to the Dr's this morning.

Prayers for our Daisy's Heather's safe homecoming - is that grammatically correct?

Happy Birthday to your son, Martha and lucky you getting to meet up with Cynthia.

Have to get my bottom up and motivate myself. Slept like the proverbial log. I think it was all that yummy lasagne.

Look around you and SMILE at all the good things in your life.

rebeccas-sewing
October 25th, 2011, 08:08 AM
The blue sky is showing itself this morning in London. Wonder if it will last through the day. It's chilly in the flat. I've got the fire on in the fireplace to stay cozy. Very disappointed to read "Daily Deal" arguments in the new posts this morning. Enjoy the day, ladies!

Loonwatcher
October 25th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Good Morning.

Safe travels for Heather. Daisy, you'll get that quilt done and it will be beautiful. Martha, say Hi to Cynthia for us. Blondie, good luck with your Mom's appointments. Where do you get those pictures - that chicken (rooster?) is bizarre! :)

Another busy day at work. Rainy this morning but supposed to clear. They are talking about some possible snow :( for Thursday. That would be fitting as I have to attend my step-dad's funeral. He was suffering so he's better of now in God's hands and he has plenty of loved ones with him.

Have a great day!

Bubby
October 25th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Good Morning....Martha, Have a great time celebrating your DS's birthday and be sure to give Cynthia a hug for me....I'm sure she will be a hoot to shop with and to get to know! Daisy, so glad you will get to see your girl again and I wish her a safe trip. I hope you get the quilt done and off your mind and out of your house! ...Blondie, walk in peace and strength all day. For everyone else, have a wonderful day and try to squeeze in some sewing time. I started making some pinwheel blocks last night and feel myself coming out of my slump already....Hugs all around, Barb

Shannon
October 25th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Today is the magical 90 days since my stroke, apparently a mark that the doctors use to see how much you are going to get back after a 'brain insult' (don't ask me, thats what my doctors like to call it). Anyway, all I have left is a little balance problem in that I tend to list to the left when I'm tired and/or distracted. Sooo if that's all I'm stuck with out of all of this, I'll take it!! My physical therapist says that I can still expect improvements, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great day everyone :)

Shannon

Monique
October 25th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Good morning all my friends.

There is a funny light outside. Oh yeah it is call SUNSHINE!! Haven't seen the sun in a while.

Shannon, good for you. I have some mobility issues myself after a car accident 15 years ago and thank God that is all I have.

Yesterday I did laundry. Make homemade soup, made a loaf of bread in machine, and made apple crisp. I had lost my bag (the kind you heat in the microwave for pains and such) so I made myself another one. Lo and behold I found the other one. Can't have too many of those. My husband is diabetic and his feet are soooo cold when he gets into bed so I heat this up and put it at the end of bed for him. And for me too!!

Last night I did work on the baby quilt for DIL's show. Almost done the embroidery.

I am going to go and get my granddaughter this weekend and keeping her for the week. Can hardly wait. Her parents have finally gotten another vehicle after almost 2 months since the accident. So we get our Jeep back. Hubby is glad about that.

Will finish up the baby quilt today sometime.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Sandy Navas
October 25th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Magical 90 days - Shannon, I'm saying a special prayer for you. Had no idea. Just like I had no idea that chickens wore overalls and some people don't like cold ice cream or hot coffee or bargains and give aways. I am a little off-balanced no matter what I do - I've been that way all my life. Rebecca, I can't believe I didn't catch that thread until you mentioned it - guess I knew it wouldn't be wise to read and add my 2 cents. Sure glad of that.

Blondie is all cheesecake happy today, it's a shame we couldn't all be there to share her excitement (actually I just wanted a piece of the chocolate cheesecake . . . ). Did have raspberry cobbler with ice cream at Li'l Sis's house yesterday.

Yesterday was a great day for us. Beautiful weather, clear sky, moderate temperature - spent it with some of our very favorite people, laughed a lot, ate too much food, shared stories, hugs, watched the LAQ machine running perfectly, got to watch my dear BIL harvesting soy beans, leisurely drive home through the country, visited friends who are moving into their new home tomorrow, saw the grandkids, had a wonderful dinner together . . . you know when life is good everything around you looks like gold. AND, and, and . . . to top it off . . . oh, I was so tickled . . . I did a design for my Li'l Sis to quilt her Panda Quilt . . . and it was so much easier than I thought it would be . . . and I laughed (I was so excited that it worked) and the tears ran down my legs . . . and now I know that if I need a special design for a quilt that I have the tools, the knowledge, and the ability to create it. Le'ts see, dragons, monsters, jack-o-lanterns, hairy apes, sneakers, toad froggies (I know they aren't the same thing), lizards, mice and men, grapes . . . I can do it!!!

Today my 10YO DGD will be over (I told her NOT to call BEFORE 9:30 a.m.) and we'll be making her Silver Mist Fairy costume together. That will be a very fun day . . . she's a jewel to work with.

Okay, I'm off here - places to go and people to see, and . . . jealous bones (Martha and Cynthia are spending time together). My bad - our friend Patticakes was in my area and the timing was off for both of us and we were just two ships passing in the night (or maybe that was the middle of the afternoon and we blinked at the same time).

HandsOffItsMine
October 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Ruby Tuesday says "It's a beautiful day!"

Daisy, how grand that Heather is on her way home. I'm sure you can't wait to hug her.
Martha, congrats with DS's 23rd. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up. Kat turned 27 this year, I'm getting old.
Blondie, as usual your photo hits the spot! That's me in a few years with my Depends on. Hope all ok with Mom.
Rebecca, may the sun stay out in London. Regarding the DD, some folks just can't be made happy customers. :)
Monique, glad you only lost that bag and not something else. lol I'm always losing the cold packs for my headaches. Got to have 2-3 in the fridge at all times. ;)
Sandy, wish I could join in the fun of sewing with the GD's costume. We could be fairy Godmothers and have our own wands.

I've been in a funk and I need to get my groove back. The livingroom has been flipped, the new sewing/computer desk & chair are by the window - No more dolphins' coffee table and ottoman needed. I'm in a beautiful place yet can't get motivated for some reason.

Anywhoooo, prayers for those in need, best wishes for all for a wonderful day. Going to put on some Disco sounds (yes, I'm dating myself) and get out of this funky mood.

Love, Ruby
Nancy, sorry for the loss of your step-father. He is in a better place, maybe next to my Mom playing slots, having fun.
Shannon, what a blessing to have made it passed the 90 days with so little negative markers. Just keep the PT up!

janluna
October 25th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Prayers for Blondie and Mama, Nancy, Shannon, and a safe trip for Cynthia and Martha. Have a great meeting and luncheon. Sandy, I know you will have fun today with your GD. Daisy so glad your daughter is on her way home.
Sorry about my big mouth on the daily deal thing. It just made me angry that someone could be that nasty about MSQC. Please forgive me. I'll try to do better next time. Hugs, Jan L.

Marl
October 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Oh I'm heartwarmed, reading your messages. You are such a close group, all so kind and...well almost like family - that's cozy !!

bakermom
October 25th, 2011, 04:43 PM
My, i feel like such a slug compared to all you busy ladies.
my big accomplishment of the day was some painting at DD's house . i did throw chicken in the crockpot for supper before I left. Managed to get a short walk in with the dog. I'm playing here before i take off again to give mom supper.

BellasQuilts
October 25th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Prayers to all that need them with health and travel! I am on lunch break at work and wanted to chime in. We are overcast here today. Nice break from the warmer weather we have been having. Back after being on the road 10 days and wanting to get back to sewing. Have to fix the sample block I did for the 3 Dudes Xmas block; I think I got it now.

Going to babysit tonight for the neighbors; Miss Mac is 5 months old. Love her to pieces. DD and DSIL coming over too for dinner; going to hand them the baby so they get some practice and think about giving me a grandbaby (LOL).

Life is good even with all the speed bumps.

I wish I would have ordered the daily deal so I could cancel the order and pass it along to the poor lady who obviously really wanted it. This is such a wonderful group and things will come up like this, but I know that we are all capable of great generosity and kindness. Jan, you are okay by me; no worries.

Thank you all for being a part of my quilting life; I'm very happy to be a part of this wonderful group.

Well, back to work!
Megan

Marl
October 25th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Well, back to work!
Megan

tsss I feel so stupid, thinking your name is Bella - sorry for that

Blondie
October 25th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Oh I'm heartwarmed, reading your messages. You are such a close group, all so kind and...well almost like family - that's cozy !!
We ARE all quilty sisters, as you are as well! keep coming back, Mari - our daily thread messages keep us up to date with each other besides quilting.

Blondie
October 25th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Today was a good day. Lovely sunshine, good looking doctor, and a Mom that looks as if she doesn't need to be anywhere near a doctor's office. Everythng is fine right now and I am expecting it to stay that way.

Yes girls, I really did think of sharing the choc cheesecake with you. My sis is one wowzer of a baker. Well, any form of cooking actually. I am not a very good cook, baker, house cleaner, leaf raker, but I do make up for all of it with my enthusiasm. LOL. Good thing Luscious isn't picky or I would be in deep doo-doo.
JanL. - you are a lovely person - have I missed something? I missed the thread about the MSQC order until this evening. Sorry that I missed it. I think the MSQC folks can handle their business pretty well. Sorry that people get unhappy. I am just unhappy that I don't have 130 buckaroos to splurge on fabric. LOL.

Sandy, I am sorry you didn't get to meet Patticakes. Timing is important for everything right? I found that out this afternoon as I was running up the stairs to use the potty.

Off to snuggle up with the dog and hubs. Both of them snore.

Sandy Navas
October 25th, 2011, 09:42 PM
tsss I feel so stupid, thinking your name is Bella - sorry for that

I call her Bella, too - so you don't have to worry a bit. She answers to just about anything . . .

BellasQuilts
October 25th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Yep, just don't call me late for dinner - thats all. LOL!

I call her Bella, too - so you don't have to worry a bit. She answers to just about anything . . .

janluna
October 25th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Guess you have a new name! We'll just give ya one! LOL Hugs, Jan L.

janluna
October 25th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Ok my friends and cohorts, I'm going to go now. Blondie, I am so glad Mom had a good day! Sorry about your quick trip up the stairs. I just hate that when it happens! LOL
Prayers for Daisy and Mr Daisy. So glad your family will be together at this very scary time. Just keep in mind, The Lord has you both in the palm of His hand and know we all love you and will be holding your DH up in a healing prayer. Hugs, Jan Night dear friends!

quiltingtrish
October 25th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Well, time for bed I guess. Man, these days fly past fast!

Did take an hour long on-line class after school today to go towards my training hours. Tomorrow I have an hour and a half class but that one is an hour away. Sure like taking these ones here at home on my own computer.

Got 1 binding on out of 10 to do on these table runner. The fabric really is pretty. I'll have to post a photo soon of them.

Have cookies to make for Odie - he's getting back to California on Thursday from Arizona after a month out there training. We got a newsletter from his new Commander which was nice. Tells us about all the trainings they have been doing and where. He did call me on Sunday - was great hearing his voice. I'm so happy he likes to call to talk to us all.

Well, tomorrow is a long day so better head on in.
Hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone.
Hugs,