PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR ABATEMENT

Sandy Navas
August 4th, 2015, 01:49 PM
This must be the last post regarding my self-imposed disappearance from the M* forum!!!!!

I have received numerous e-mails, PMs, and read comments regarding how many posts I had made and whether that was the reason I took a vacation from the forum. Let me assure you (AND MOST DEFINITELY THE PERSON WHO DID POINT THAT OUT) that the number of posts had absolutely nothing to do with me taking a hiatus. I definitely need you to squelch that idea now.

I had personally set a goal that when I reached 18,000 posts I would quit posting. I had been watching the number but wasn't quite alert to it and then one day someone briefly made a comment . . . and I remembered my personally set goal and I signed off. (If you were that person, thank you very much!!!!!!!)

And then things got out of hand. I can't stay off the forum and so I let several people know that I would be coming back as a different persona. Unfortunately some people who knew this couldn't contain themselves and had to let the world know that Ima and I are/were one and the same. Squelch that idea - rain on my parade and Ima had to die. It was a very painful death for her.

Now, I'm a fun loving person, live to have a good time and don't like to stay away from the party. So, in came Aunt Mildred and she hardly had her feet in the door before someone had to spill the beans again. With help from the powers that be, Aunt Mildred died, too.

So, I'm back today - but my heart isn't in it 100% as yet. You all know that class clown from school, right? They are quite happy as long as no one starts pointing out their antics.

I rest my case.

bubba
August 4th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I'll just say I was very sorry when I saw all that happen. Yes, I was one of those that knew. I did not utter a word to anyone except MM and looked forward to Ima's posts as they gave me a chuckle, and who doesn't need those?

I can't stress enough....if you are told something in confidence, keep it that way

auntiemern
August 4th, 2015, 02:28 PM
I am so sorry that all the rumors and innuendo's forced you to have to defend your decision to take a break from here for awhile. Shame on all those people that couldn't just let it go, after I and a few others asked them to leave you alone for a bit. This, in my opinion is the reason that some of us just aren't here as much as we once were.
The tone of the forum has changed so much in the past little while, that it is not the 'homey' place it once was. It isn't that it has grown so much and so many new people have joined, it is more like the commraderie has been lost somewhere along the line. All you need to do to see it, is look around and see who is posting, and who is not, and where have all the people that were once here every day gone to. Certainly you noticed that Sandy was gone, but she was one of the bottles of glue that continued to hold some of us together. Sure some of us still post occasionally, but not as fervently as we once did. I personally find it sad. I truly miss what it used to be....now you all can go jump on me too. BTW, I am not currently taking prednisone, or this post would have been completely different, right Karen, lol. Please let Sandy have some peace and quiet, and stop with the 2nd guessing as to why she needed to take a break. But most of all, shame on the person that spilled the beans to begin with.

songbird857
August 4th, 2015, 02:30 PM
I was cringing along with you, Sandy... I guess you are just loved too much around here ;)

denisecolli
August 4th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Sandy I don't post much but LOVE reading yours so for me I DON'T DO NUMBERS so you can post away ....as Sandy

shirleyknot
August 4th, 2015, 02:54 PM
If it makes ya feel any better, I didn't have a clue..................

K. McEuen
August 4th, 2015, 03:14 PM

Shirley, sometimes that is the best situation to be in. :)

quiltsRfun
August 4th, 2015, 03:18 PM

Me either. I even welcomed Aunt Mildred to the forum as I thought she was a new member.

dizzyLiz
August 4th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Well I've been clueless most of my life LOL, and yes in this situation too. Not sure what difference it makes how many posts anyone makes. Sandy is my dearly loved friend and I certainly hope she is back in full swing. I for one hope as Sandy.....but I'll take what I can get.

Iris Girl
August 4th, 2015, 03:43 PM
I'll just say I was very sorry when I saw all that happen. Yes, I was one of those that knew. I did not utter a word to anyone except MM and looked forward to Ima's posts as they gave me a chuckle, and who doesn't need those?

I can't stress enough....if you are told something in confidence, keep it that way

This is said perfectly. I also was one that knew and did not utter a word. Sometimes people need a break for whatever reason. As Marilyn has said the tone has changed even in the little time I been here. I love this forum and most of the people. The few snarky ones I have run into are on ignore. I also do not post as much as I used to , but still try and read and post some each day. I miss what we once had with all the wonderful swaps and such. If only we could hit rewind... Sandy we love you!

Hulamoon
August 4th, 2015, 04:04 PM
It was fun for as long as it lasted :icon_giggle:

kensington
August 4th, 2015, 04:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXKeNKvl-J4 :icon_beuj:

bhaggerty
August 4th, 2015, 06:39 PM
I am clueless too. As usual. No worries.
Ignorance is bliss.:icon_bigsmile:

Juliet Taylor
August 4th, 2015, 06:42 PM
I am clueless too. As usual. No worries.
Ignorance is bliss.:icon_bigsmile:

Me too! One cannot disappear from the forum for a week that everything happens!

Kgrammiecaz
August 4th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Well I was clueless as well. When someone is not on for a while, you cant help but hope all is okay. But once someone says they are good, it needs to be left at that.

I do need to say, no one can expect the forum to remain the same when there are a number of people joining daily. To go from 50 or so people to over a thousand plus (I dont know the total) the communication changes a bit.

I for one am sad to see people chiose not to post as much. However I also respect the right of each of those persons to make their own choices. If they do not want to be as involved ad they once were, that is okay. We will just wish them well and hope to see them around more when and if they want.

Dont we all like the beginning little groups. It is no different then when I tried to go to sew-ins at the LQS and found it close to impossible (even after 3 tries) to be a part of the already formed "cliche". The break for me came when some made a racially motivated comment. It was horrible just for being thought and spoken but none of them were aware I was the mom of a mixed race child. I then realized I was disturbing their little white group of rich retirees/I dont have to work people. So I just did not fit in and the truth is at that point I was happy I did not fit in.

No matter who we are here, even the grumpy snarky ones, I have found all are welcome. What a blessing. That is why I dont go away. Sorry guys lol

Love you all for many reasons.

bubba
August 4th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Dont we all like the beginning little groups. It is no different then when I tried to go to sew-ins at the LQS and found it close to impossible (even after 3 tries) to be a part of the already formed "cliche". .

I just keep showing up till they like me or they quit showing up :D I'm like that......

Kgrammiecaz
August 4th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I just keep showing up till they like me or they quit showing up :D I'm like that......

Could not be said any better. Lol

BellasQuilts
August 4th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Sorry, hun, we just love you too much! and I said nothing cuz I haven't been on here in quite awhile. Huggers.

Hulamoon
August 4th, 2015, 08:49 PM

lol me too.

Have you ever clicked on community above? There are tons of people that only posted once. I post a lot. You can smack me if you want to.:icon_slap:

JCY
August 4th, 2015, 10:37 PM
I hope you're back to stay, Sandy. It shouldn't matter how many times a person posts on this Forum, whether a only a few or thousands of times. We all need to be here for each other -- to help out with quilting questions -- share our projects -- support each other with encouraging words & our prayers -- share a yummy recipe -- or just chit-chat. This is the only "social media" in which I participate. I've never wanted to do facebook or any of those others. That's my two cents worth.

Neller
August 4th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Dont we all like the beginning little groups. It is no different then when I tried to go to sew-ins at the LQS and found it close to impossible (even after 3 tries) to be a part of the already formed "cliche". The break for me came when some made a racially motivated comment. It was horrible just for being thought and spoken but none of them were aware I was the mom of a mixed race child. I then realized I was disturbing their little white group of rich retirees/I dont have to work people.

I am so sorry you had to experience that. It is hard to be the one who isn't accepted. I have felt that very thing on this forum. I posted about my brother dying and only one person responded. I was grateful for her response, but the lack of response from this and other posts made me feel as if the forum was another tight-knit clique. Maybe things will change.

easyquilts
August 5th, 2015, 12:03 AM

Me, either... I'm always the last to "know"...

Suzyq
August 5th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Well I'm one who doesn't post often, preferring instead to post when I feel I have something to contribute. This has been for quite some time a great forum of caring wonderful people, quilters and non quilters alike, people who share their hopes, times of sadness, family problems, accomplishments and much more. I know that if I have a problem, I can post my question and by the time my coffee's ready, I'll have my answer from many experienced folksies on the forum. And all this is provided to us, along with what seems like hundreds of tutorials, etc., completely free. We also have sharp eyed moderators who keep us in line so potentially contentious topics don't get out of hand...like in every group, there are a few trouble makers but what the heck! I often feel this forum provides a lifeline for troubled souls out there, those who are lonely and just need a friend. Instead of chatting about what people don't like about the forum, how about we work on boosting it up, keeping comments on a more positive note. It's a great thanks to the wonderful Doan family who keeps this forum alive for us to enjoy and learn from!

RiverMomm
August 5th, 2015, 12:35 AM
I am so sorry you had to experience that. It is hard to be the one who isn't accepted. I have felt that very thing on this forum. I posted about my brother dying and only one person responded. I was grateful for her response, but the lack of response from this and other posts made me feel as if the forum was another tight-knit clique. Maybe things will change.

I am terribly sorry that your post about the death of your brother was overlooked. I am one of those who has decided to not to visit the forum much and only come back when I need ideas on a quilt. I just got back from vacation and need a quilt. Then I saw your post and had to respond. Honestly, while this forum has some problems, it's heart is in the right place. Prayers, positive thoughts, and love are shared during times of distress. Maybe you posted on a busy day and your post went over to the second page fast. That happens but it doesn't take the hurt you must feel away.

Please accept my prayers for comfort over the loss of your brother. I lost my brother suddenly about three years ago.

stationarymom
August 5th, 2015, 02:23 AM
I guess I am also a clueless sole,because I took all of the diff. personas and welcomed them to the forum.

bubba
August 5th, 2015, 02:50 AM
Neller, I also missed the post about your brother and I apologize. I'm sorry about your brother. I went looking to see if I could find it, and finally I did. It was buried deep within another post and by that point I, and I'm sure others, were no longer checking that post for supplemental posts.

So, please, don't think you were ignored or overlooked. I just think not many saw what you had written.

Lightwriter
August 5th, 2015, 02:52 AM
I don't get out a lot due to health problems and the forum is my little way of connecting with others. I appreciate the quilting help and also the smiles along the way. I have enjoyed you Sandy along with many of the others. I want this forum to stay a positive place and I miss each one that doesn't post. Come back everyone and let's have fun!

I don't always read every single post and many days my Internet is more down than up, so sometimes things get missed. It is not intentional. Let's all relax, smile, chat, support each other and quilt. There is too much negativity in the world already, let us concentrate on the positive.

rebeccas-sewing
August 5th, 2015, 03:54 AM
I still enjoy the Forum. I know it's grown considerably since I joined but that's to be expected considering MSQC's popularity. It's just a matter of making the adjustment to change. I think we all would've understood if Sandy had just told us she was taking a break. At least there wouldn't have been all this mystery and concern as to what happened to her. After all, from my point of view I was just worried that something serious might have happened. I guess, Sandy, you should look at it this way. You are a popular gal around here and when you go missing people become concerned.

Monique
August 5th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Sandy, you can run but you can't hide (or very well at that) LOL!!

oldsewer
August 5th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Sandy, I am one that was pushing for a card bombing, and I apologize for it. May in NJ has been heavy on my mind these last weeks. No, I don't know her personally, but I feel like she is an acquaintance from her participation in the forum. When you disappeared too, it was a worry. If my actions or concern for you were distressing to you or offensive, I apologize for it.

On another note, it makes me sad that so many of you are so full of sorrow for the loss of the "old days" on the forum, and what was evidently a more intimate relationship among you. I'm sorry you have lost something so precious to you. I wasn't here in the old days, and wasn't part of the gang. I'm not part of any new gang either for that matter! I have never met any of you personally, and I'm not going to. I'll not be attending the forum retreat, etc. Speaking only for myself, I love this forum and the interactions between people who are diverse in so many ways. I don't post a lot, but I'm here reading and enjoying it most days. Even those of us who are not part of any "core" group have been welcomed and even us shy ones are made to feel comfortable at whatever level we participate. Thanks to the Doans and all of you who have made this forum so terrific that it becomes a regular part of the day for me and many other nobodies. Peace be with you.

irishrn
August 5th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Sandy, so glad your here. My apologies for the drama that ensued. We missed you.
Your kindness to others, and your sense of humor has made the forum comfortable for so many of us. I know I looked up to you for your experience too. You were always so helpful, and I for one appreciate that.
So lead the way and I promise I'll be good if you decide to take a vacation from the forum!!

dwil23
August 5th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Sandy, just the fact that so many here missed you is an honor, if you ask me. I know for a fact that many, maybe most of us, that are not part of the "inner circle" would never be missed if we were gone for weeks, let alone days. I know that because I took a break for several weeks not too long ago and not one person missed me.

I also learned the hard way to never show concern for the welfare of anyone missing from the forum. I was duly put in my place when I expressed concern about the absence of another member a while back.

I find it sad when people are chastised and scolded for caring. But, that's the way it is....

Kgrammiecaz
August 5th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Sandy, just the fact that so many here missed you is an honor, if you ask me. I know for a fact that many, maybe most of us, that are not part of the "inner circle" would never be missed if we were gone for weeks, let alone days. I know that because I took a break for several weeks not too long ago and not one person missed me.

I also learned the hard way to never show concern for the welfare of anyone missing from the forum. I was duly put in my place when I expressed concern about the absence of another member a while back.

I find it sad when people are chastised and scolded for caring. But, that's the way it is....

Donna, you are right for sure. But, I do notice folks not posting, but I am like you for the most part. I just go on with the day. I have no expectations of the forum dealing with what is going on with me outside of being on here.

I do find it sad we cannot express our caring. But with a forum this huge, it would almost be impossible to know what is going on with everyone.

Kgrammiecaz
August 5th, 2015, 12:13 PM

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. I never saw your post either. We are here for you and others during good and rough times. Sending prayers that your grief can be short, and your memories last forever.

dwil23
August 5th, 2015, 12:16 PM
So very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. I never saw your post either. We are here for you and others during good and rough times. Sending prayers that your grief can be short, and your memories last forever.

I too missed that post, Neller, and am so sorry to hear about your brother.

songbird857
August 5th, 2015, 12:30 PM
I feel that I must say something here...
I went and searched for your post regarding your brother - I am truly sorry for your loss...
Your post was in a comment to another forum member who had lost a loved one. I daresay that MANY did not read all of the heartfelt comments left by lots of us, but rather were focused on comforting that forum member at that time, since he was the original poster. I do not always have the time, nor the inclination to read EVERY comment made. Some days I just scan the threads, leave a comment here and there, and move on with my day.
Based upon my 1 1/2 years on this forum, I KNOW that had your sad news been posted as a new thread, there would have been much outpouring of concern and condolences. Another thing to remember; weekends are far less busy here trafficwise - a lot can get buried in the vast world of postings here, never to be seen by Monday...
Again, I truly am sorry for your loss.

bubba
August 5th, 2015, 12:42 PM
When I originally joined this forum, I was treated rudely by someone who is still a poster to this day. I thought, Pat, you don't need this BS. This woman does not know you and has no right to treat you or anyone else that way. Well, several months went by before I ventured back. That woman and her gang are on my 'block list' and I only read their posts if I want to, which normally I don't.

I try to treat others here as I would want to be treated. I think everyone here knows I'm not a serious person. When someone needs help on a bag, I always try to help them if I can.

I witnessed firsthand, more than one of my friends here get treated so poorly that they left the forum. I miss them dearly to this day. Thankfully, I was 'found' by them and we now are in contact on FB and participate on several forums there that are closely monitored and if you don't behave yourself, you get the boot! It is sad for me to think they won't come back here because of the ill will sent there way by the same little group that mistreated me. They were great contributors, very creative, and helped a lot of people here.

We are not in high school and cliques shouldn't even be in our vocabulary here, but yes, they do exist. That does not make anyone better than the rest of us. I for one, always felt the ones in those cliques where stuck up snobs. Here, I don't even try to get past their barriers, because I don't want to fall into the category they are in inside my head.

Treat everyone as you would treat your grandma and you will do well in life.

shirleyknot
August 5th, 2015, 01:08 PM
When I originally joined this forum, I was treated rudely by someone who is still a poster to this day. I thought, Pat, you don't need this BS. This woman does not know you and has no right to treat you or anyone else that way. Well, several months went by before I ventured back. That woman and her gang are on my 'block list' and I only read their posts if I want to, which normally I don't.

I try to treat others here as I would want to be treated. I think everyone here knows I'm not a serious person. When someone needs help on a bag, I always try to help them if I can.

I witnessed firsthand, more than one of my friends here get treated so poorly that they left the forum. I miss them dearly to this day. Thankfully, I was 'found' by them and we now are in contact on FB and participate on several forums there that are closely monitored and if you don't behave yourself, you get the boot! It is sad for me to think they won't come back here because of the ill will sent there way by the same little group that mistreated me. They were great contributors, very creative, and helped a lot of people here.

We are not in high school and cliques shouldn't even be in our vocabulary here, but yes, they do exist. That does not make anyone better than the rest of us. I for one, always felt the ones in those cliques where stuck up snobs. Here, I don't even try to get past their barriers, because I don't want to fall into the category they are in inside my head.

Wonder if we have the same "block" list ? :icon_heh:

bubba
August 5th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Wonder if we have the same "block" list ? :icon_heh:

I'm not naming names! :icon_popcorn:

shirleyknot
August 5th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Nope. Me nuther! :lol:

CarolynK
August 9th, 2015, 12:23 PM

Pat, I couldn't have said it better, although I haven't been snarked at personally, I have seen this over and over and to be quite honest, it amazes me how petty some can be.

You, Sandy, Karen and a host of others are valuable gems to this forum and I know I can always count on you all for answers, laughs, and general good information. I don't get on this forum as much as I used to but mainly because I just don't have the time, especially this time of year and I never was on another forum so that says a lot for me.

auntiemern
August 9th, 2015, 05:14 PM

I am really finding it 'odd' that people are referring to an "inner circle", and not being a part of 'it'. I am sure that there are many of us that are not on here every day, and have not been missed when we are gone....no biggie...I often wonder how Donna (Crazy Mountain Woman) is doing, or Tortuga Quilter... Evilyn from Iceland, who was going through cancer treatments...where are they? Just because it isn't spoken, does not mean that they aren't missed or thought about.
As far as others being 'run off' that is just nonsense. I know for a fact that some of the people that no longer post regularly, still lurk behind the scenes, and were not 'run off' by any one member or group...they were asked politely by bigger fish than you or I to please stop with the rude, name calling posts....and then stopped coming here. In my opinion that is a good thing, that those people are no longer here, stirring the proverbial pot with their innuendo and name calling. Some people just can't handle being called out on their behavior...oh well. All I meant at the beginning of this thread...was that the commraderie that was once here isn't any more. Like April said...gone are the friendly swaps, and that sort of thing...and in all honesty that was ruined by people that did not put any effort in to their part of it...It IS hurtful for someone to put effort in to what they are giving someone, and then to receive junk, and dollar store items in return...If you can't fulfill your end of the bargain then drop out. That is the kind of thing that has taken the 'old forum' and changed the tone...not the new membership or the 'inner circle'...it just does not have the same vibe it had even a year ago. That is all I was trying to say...I know there are people on here that don't like me, because I speak my mind and stand up for right and fair....so be that too. Rock on ya'all and happy quilting.

K. McEuen
August 9th, 2015, 05:22 PM
With growth comes change.

That describes the forum and what is happening very well.

RockinLou
August 9th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Wow, I'm away for a week and all this goes on...

Sandy, I love you and your sense of humor, I also loved your personas, whatever name or personality you want to use, I'm sure many would still love to have you here.

I have found support when I needed it, I've had realists call a spade a spade when I needed it, and I have seen others reach out in times of need and there is an abundance of prayer requests, so I feel like this forum is a pretty positive, upbeat place. I didn't notice an 'inner circle', so that's probably a good thing!!

I enjoy you all, and I'm not in the least bit offended that while I've been on vacation for the past ten days that nobody noticed my absence. I'm not that exciting!!

(((HUGS))) and happiness to you all!

Deegles
August 9th, 2015, 06:39 PM

That is the thing with this forum. If there are alot of different threads posted in one day, sometimes not all threads get visited and then one like yours got covered up by others. I hate to hear that happened to you. I am with you on the tight-knit clique...I have seen it as well. However, as in real life I turn the other cheek and don't let it bother me. For all I know all of these people are imaginary, similar to what Sandy did.

Sandy,
I did read a post about you being the goofy pigtail picture and it made me smile. I thought it was rather neat that you were taking an alias upon another alias....GENIUS! I cannot stay away from this forum. But it is a real treasure to know you are here and you help us so immensely! Thank you for everything you do regardless how you get it accomplished. This place for the most part is a pretty good place, however there are a couple of busy bodies LOL

snippet
August 10th, 2015, 07:40 AM
1. Congrats on your personal goal Sandy.

2. Sorry your 2nd and 3rd personalities had to be killed off after being identified. But that's the beauty of having multiple personalities -- there's always another persona to adopt :)

3. Post on! I love you no matter who you decide to be.

------------

As for all the other stuff in this thread, it's really telling how important this 'little forum' has become to many of the members. But also realize that it's not as important to others. Some people post all the time, some don't. Most probably read, but don't post. Please don't get your feelings hurt when your thread or post doesn't get the response you thought it should.

I think you'll find many 'inner circles' have formed here and that's good. Good heavens I certainly don't know you all, my little brain can only keep so much, so I tend to read posts from people I've taken a liking to for some reason - either I like their humor, intelligence, they live near me, the awesome quilts they make, etc. I don't read all the posts in a thread either (unless it is one I started), so if you are looking for a response you should consider making a new thread so you will get a response.

shermur
August 10th, 2015, 08:09 AM
1. Congrats on your personal goal Sandy.

2. Sorry your 2nd and 3rd personalities had to be killed off after being identified. But that's the beauty of having multiple personalities -- there's always another persona to adopt :)

3. Post on! I love you no matter who you decide to be.

------------

As for all the other stuff in this thread, it's really telling how important this 'little forum' has become to many of the members. But also realize that it's not as important to others. Some people post all the time, some don't. Most probably read, but don't post. Please don't get your feelings hurt when your thread or post doesn't get the response you thought it should.

I think you'll find many 'inner circles' have formed here and that's good. Good heavens I certainly don't know you all, my little brain can only keep so much, so I tend to read posts from people I've taken a liking to for some reason - either I like their humor, intelligence, they live near me, the awesome quilts they make, etc. I don't read all the posts in a thread either (unless it is one I started), so if you are looking for a response you should consider making a new thread so you will get a response.

Amen, Carol! I don't think of myself in an "inner circle". I think of my self as a passionate quilter who wants to share and be a support of those who need support. No, I don't catch every question or answer back to every thread. And a lot of days, I am in the background reading, but don't post if I can't post a positive or helpful response!
But, I would feel absolutely awful if I had posted something to make someone feel bad, or to cause drama. That is not my purpose here. And, to those forum members I have met in person and developed a bond with? You mean the world to me! And, I think if there are forum members in your area? Invite them to share a dessert somewhere with coffee, go fabric shopping together, share quilting ideas in person. That is what I would like when I can spare the time....

easyquilts
August 10th, 2015, 08:24 AM
I am so sorry you had to experience that. It is hard to be the one who isn't accepted. I have felt that very thing on this forum. I posted about my brother dying and only one person responded. I was grateful for her response, but the lack of response from this and other posts made me feel as if the forum was another tight-knit clique. Maybe things will change.p

I totally missed your post about your brother, and am so sorry..... Losing someone you love, and are close to is a terrible experience...I inow.

God Bless...

shirleyknot
August 10th, 2015, 08:53 AM
I am really finding it 'odd' that people are referring to an "inner circle"

How odd is it that so many people here perceive it to be true ?

BobW
August 10th, 2015, 09:10 AM
I have found that family isn't always someone you are related to by a blood or marriage line. I am closer to my chosen family than my biological family, which is a long story that I won't go into here.

I look at the Missouri Star Forum as a family unit. I believe in families there are those relatives you love and in your life daily and those you run into each other from time to time and then there are those you don't really connect with, which doesn't mean you don't care about them, you just don't interact often. I don't see it so much as having cliques as I see it as finding those you have things in common with such as personality, skill sets, locality, employment and on and on.

There are several people on the forum I feel I have a "Bond" with, and I am closer to them that I am to others. I usually open post they have made before I do others. I'm not trying to hurt any ones feelings but this is true.

I truly believe is a person feels left out on this forum it is because they haven't made an effort to get to know people and open themselves up to the love and acceptance that is here for the taking. My experience is that Missouri Star Forum is one of the most inclusive and welcoming places I have experienced in a long time.

This is just my opinion and I hope I haven't hurt any ones feelings by posting it.

Sonic
August 10th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I have found that family isn't always someone you are related to by a blood or marriage line. I am closer to my chosen family than my biological family, which is a long story that I won't go into here.

I look at the Missouri Star Forum as a family unit. I believe in families there are those relatives you love and in your life daily and those you run into each other from time to time and then there are those you don't really connect with, which doesn't mean you don't care about them, you just don't interact often. I don't see it so much as having cliques as I see it as finding those you have things in common with such as personality, skill sets, locality, employment and on and on.

There are several people on the forum I feel I have a "Bond" with, and I am closer to them that I am to others. I usually open post they have made before I do others. I'm not trying to hurt any ones feelings but this is true.

I truly believe is a person feels left out on this forum it is because they haven't mane an effort to get to know people and open themselves up to the love and acceptance that is here for the taking. My experience is that Missouri Star Forum is one of the most inclusive and welcoming places I have experienced in a long time.

This is just my opinion and I hope I haven't hurt any ones feelings by posting it.
Amen, ditto, and bravo.

**...claps boB on the arm...**

OOPS...:0
**....claps boB on the Other arm!....***

shermur
August 10th, 2015, 09:19 AM

I truly believe is a person feels left out on this forum it is because they haven't mane an effort to get to know people and open themselves up to the love and acceptance that is here for the taking. My experience is that Missouri Star Forum is one of the most inclusive and welcoming places I have experienced in a long time.

What Sonic said and I agree! Bless you, Bob! You're one in a million, sweetie!

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Amen, ditto, and bravo.

**...claps boB on the arm...**

OOPS...:0
**....claps boB on the Other arm!....***

Smacks boB on his BOTTOM which is where he needed it when growing up . . .

BobW
August 10th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Smacks boB on his BOTTOM which is where he needed it when growing up . . .

Mom -- Sandy smacked me again!

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Are we there yet?

BobW
August 10th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Oh you are going to get there! Mommas gonna whoop you all the way there.

Vonnie
August 10th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Children - behave yourselves! :icon_angry:

BobW
August 10th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Children - behave yourselves! :icon_angry:

Momma usually says if she has to stop this sewing machine we are gonna get it. I keep trying to get her to stop so I can get her sewing machine.

Hulamoon
August 10th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Geeze you guys, why don't you just pick up the phone. No texting on the forum. :icon_rofl:

Lori63
August 10th, 2015, 10:36 AM
You all really need to stop!!! I'm going to get in trouble here at work if I don't quit laughing out loud at my computer!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 10th, 2015, 10:40 AM
With growth comes change.

That describes the forum and what is happening very well.

This is the way I see it also! Just participate, make new friends, join in on the daily postings ( we have a morning and night owl group that usually gets going every day). Don't feel excluded, just jump in to the conversation! I know many long term friendships have been formed here, and a lot of those friendships have been enhanced by face to face meetings. Our forum retreat was born out of the desire for forum members to meet face to face. Maybe that is the perception of an " inner circle". We know each other on a deeper level of friendship that just with quilting. I know there are dear friends of mine that I will never probably get to meet face to face, but I care for them just as if I saw them every day! I do see each of you when you post ( and I am chasing Sandy's record for highest number of posts!)

Stay involved! Stay positive! Join in to conversations that you maybe haven't joined in. We treasure each and every one of you! That will keep our forum strong!

pcbatiks
August 10th, 2015, 10:48 AM
SANDRA ........ROBERT........Do Not make me come up there!!! :D

On 2nd thought......maybe I could go shopping! :D

Sonic
August 10th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Geeze you guys, why don't you just pick up the phone. No texting on the forum. :icon_rofl:

Party pooper..... :icon_giggle:

Pam, wait for me... I wanna shop too!!

pcbatiks
August 10th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Party pooper..... :icon_giggle:

Pam, wait for me... I wanna shop too!!

Sonic (Leah).......I'm pretty sure we are gonna have to go up there & straighten those two out!! Maybe they should take us shopping as part of their punishment! :D

I'll stop and pick you up on the way................be waiting at the end of your driveway! :lol:

Sonic
August 10th, 2015, 11:54 AM
**grabs purse, house keys and kiddo....**

Ready Freddy!!

Eriepatch
August 10th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Laughing and enjoying the truth in these statements :)

BobW
August 10th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Just so all of you know it:

Sandy and I have a love/hate relationship (Not surprising for twins separated at birth). She loves me and I hate it when she one ups me and I love her and she really hates it when I one up her. LOL

BobW
August 10th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Lorie,

I've been told to "Get a room" before, but never "Get a phone"! LOL

bscuzz
August 10th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Why not 'celebrate' the # of posts - imagine how many have been helped by the suggestions, advice and good humor given?

Sadly I missed 'Ima' and 'Aunt Mildred' - I have a tendency to scan thru to forum members that I know make me smile, even laugh and give me a lift when I'm down, so I know I missed some uncanny wit - shame on me!

I sometimes feel too busy to read all posts (ya know you get into it and 'hours go by') - besides how can a retired Sr. Citizen (who was never too busy to do a good job and help someone new in the office) with no 'real reason except age slowing me down' be so busy?!?!

Well, there's my confession, I enjoy this Forum (thank you to the invention of the Internet, the Doans, and all you wonderful Forum members) as sort of therapy - y'all are helping me do a 'little sewing', but most importantly you're helping to keep me "sane"!! :icon_rolleyes: :icon_shake::icon_crazy::icon_kiss:

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Why not 'celebrate' the # of posts - imagine how many have been helped by the suggestions, advice and good humor given?

Sadly I missed 'Ima' and 'Aunt Mildred' - I have a tendency to scan thru to forum members that I know make me smile, even laugh and give me a lift when I'm down, so I know I missed some uncanny wit - shame on me!

I sometimes feel too busy to read all posts (ya know you get into it and 'hours go by') - besides how can a retired Sr. Citizen (who was never too busy to do a good job and help someone new in the office) with no 'real reason except age slowing me down' be so busy?!?!

Well, there's my confession, I enjoy this Forum (thank you to the invention of the Internet, the Doans, and all you wonderful Forum members) as sort of therapy - y'all are helping me do a 'little sewing', but most importantly you're helping to keep me "sane"!! :icon_rolleyes: :icon_shake::icon_crazy::icon_kiss:

Just what is this sanity of which thou speaketh?

bscuzz
August 11th, 2015, 01:05 AM

I guess "helping" is the key word here . . sometimes the "helping" doesn't work and I kinda teeter on the edge! . . . I'm just the type who likes to try 'every single appetizer on the menu' or often feel 'I could have fun in a closet' all by myself - the urge of crossing over the 'sanity' line keeps calling for me just to try it out!?!? If it's fun, I'm OK with it!

BobW
August 11th, 2015, 03:57 AM

I have never suffered from insanity. I have enjoyed every crazy minute of it.

Iris Girl
August 11th, 2015, 05:28 AM

Wouldn't know much about sanity. I am very happy in my insane world WITH all my friends! Its cozy and comfy here. I got a glimpse of sanity and don't like.

Sandy Navas
August 11th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I'm still cracking up about B's having fun in a closet all by herself . . .

boB did that all the time when he was growing up.

Momma said!!

BobW
August 11th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I'm still cracking up about B's having fun in a closet all by herself . . .

boB did that all the time when he was growing up.

Momma said!!

Momma just told you it was a closet. It was really the portal to an amazing room filled with quilting material and wonderful sewing machines and anything I could want or need to quilt. And you thought you were her fav! LOL