PDA

View Full Version : TRUE CONFESSIONS

Sandy Navas
October 24th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I know when I was a teen my Aunt Becky used to pass along magazines for me to read. Why in the world my Mother would let me take the True Confessions magazines, I'll never know. Perhaps she'd never read them herself. I'd never let my daughter read them . . .

However, that's not the reason I started this note. I just want all my friends here to know that not all the stories I post are true confessions from ME. Some are really jokes that have been around for years. It seems my recent stories about Taco Bell were taken by quite a few as actual happenings to moi. No way, Jose. Just jokes from the internet.

Now for more of the truth. My father (RIP Dad - know I love you) was quite the story teller. I do believe he got it honestly though because his father was a story teller, too. Now when my brother and I get together we can rattle of the jokes that Dad told and keep going for hours . . . and hours. He always had something funny to pass along. I remember as far back as when I was only 3 or 4 having Mom tell him "Clarence, get the the bucket and go to the barn." when she thought one of his stories was a little too risque! I got kicked off the school bus once for repeating one of them within earshot of the bus driver!!

So, if my posts sometimes seem too hard to believe - believe that I've heard it somewhere before. David Letterman's writers often steal from me, too!!

You know what is funny - I've often seen stories in the news about things that I read in Reader's Digest YEARS ago . . . lazy journalists! Lazy joke stealers . . . that's where the saying comes from "what goes around comes around". BTW Rosie Greer never tapped me on the shoulder in an elevator.

I sure hope everyone has a fantastic day. Quit laughing and get to sewing.

Rosie
October 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Sandy... I love reading pretty much everything you write on the forums. Keep the funnies coming!!

janluna
October 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Sandy, the light bulb did come on after I read the 2nd story. Duh!! I'm not a brainiac, it takes me a few minutes to catch on. You just did it so well. You must have gotten your Dad's story telling ability! You are very good at it. And you made me and my hubby laugh. Thank you for that. Love, Jan L.

Monique
October 24th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Sandy I used to read True Confessions. I love your stories whether they are true or not.

HandsOffItsMine
October 24th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Yeppers, the "he" gave it up. But I love your stories anyway my friend. LOL :D

middlesis1966
October 24th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Yeppers, the "he" gave it up. But I love your stories anyway my friend. LOL :D
LOL I had to read your story 3 times because of the he part. Wow you shoulda seen the lights go on when I finally got it. I coulda lit up the entire midwest when I finally did, lol
Sandy I love your stories bring them on!!

quilter.martha
October 24th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I guess I missed something good. Where do I find this great story????

quilter.martha
October 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I found it! Great story Sandy! I've not had anything quite like that happen to me (yet!), but I'm sure someday it will. But, when it does happen, I'll sure be careful what I go home and tell my wife, that's for sure!!!