PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Night Owl

kimsophia
July 30th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Hoot hoot! Whooooooo's awake? @,@

I was just doing more loopy clam practicing today. I can't even do it well on a little sandwich yet, let alone a queen sized quilt :/

How are yoooo?

RockinLou
July 30th, 2015, 02:37 AM
The quilt is beautiful though and will be well worth it!!

I'm up crazy late because I've been packing... Tomorrow will be seeing friends and a deep clean, maybe replacing a watch battery. So exciting! I have to be up early Friday so this is the end of my late nights for this week, hopefully!!

stationarymom
July 30th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Hoot hoot.I didn't think the owls were coming out of hiding tonight.Has anyone quilted with flannel much?I'm trying to decide what to make with the flannel layer cake that was the dd last week.I love the feel of the flannel,it's so nice I don't want to ruin it.Would you prewash this flannel since it is a precut? It's supposed to be really hot and humid here tomorrow,I hope my ac holds up.

Lightwriter
July 30th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Here's a late little hoot...actually slept some last night. No sewing yesterday. Took the dogs on their run, did battle with the call centers to get some needed info, and canned tomatoes. Going to see an out of town friend Friday. Maybe I can sneak in a quilt shop for Row by Row (she doesn't quilt and hates to shop). It would be running in and running out...gotta find the shops though. We'll see.

Have a great day all!

kimsophia
July 30th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Hoot hoot.I didn't think the owls were coming out of hiding tonight.Has anyone quilted with flannel much?I'm trying to decide what to make with the flannel layer cake that was the dd last week.I love the feel of the flannel,it's so nice I don't want to ruin it.Would you prewash this flannel since it is a precut? It's supposed to be really hot and humid here tomorrow,I hope my ac holds up.

That's a good question as I've heard to definitely shrink flannel first and yet not wash precuts...let us know what you find out!

My cognitively disabled friend got his electricity shut off due to his not getting the bill transferred to his name when his roommate moved out. He had all month to do it; he knew he had to do it; but his video games come before all else...so we had to run around yesterday and get his schedule changed so he could be home to let them in to light the pilot lights today. I wasn't tremendously upset about that but when he tried to blame the departing roommate for "not giving him enough time" I had to "share my motherly opinion", shall we say...lol Fortunately his new roommate is understanding and they came over here to eat and watch Netflix last night. I sent them back with our flashlights. lol