PDA

View Full Version : Just peeking in!

Musical_Starling
July 29th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Hello all! Just peeking in to say I'm still alive and that you all are still super awesome :icon_wave: I don't actually log in and post too often because I don't usually have anything interesting to say and I still haven't dug poor Sally out from under the tornado that has destroyed my sewing studio (not literally of course). But I do peek in every now and again and look at all of your beautiful projects that you're working on and completing and I just wanted to post a little note to say that you all are awesome!! You're creating beautiful things, and trying new techniques, and giving lots of love and support and advice where needed. You all rock :)

Although, before I get too gushy, let me not glaze over the fact that you are all still horrible enablers and have forced me (again, not literally) to buy the NCW pattern and now I am drooling over all types of Minnie Mouse fabric that I will, of course, need to buy in order to complete said wallet. And, of course, then I had to buy a purse pattern to go with it, because where else would I put an adorable Minnie Mouse wallet other than inside a matching Minnie Mouse purse? So there's that. And we won't talk about the Minnie Mouse Vans I just bought because a girls purse should always match her shoes. *sigh*

What was I saying? Oh right. You're all awesome and creative and I love you all, even though you make sure that my new NCW is forever empty because I spent it all on fabric for new projects that you inspired me to create :icon_giggle:

<3

K. McEuen
July 29th, 2015, 10:27 PM
:icon_wave: Hi Dee!!!

pcbatiks
July 29th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Hey Dee.....I've been wondering about you! What do you mean......you don't have anything interesting to say! We always find you interesting......don't make me come up there! :D

Just so you know.... We have been perfecting our enabling skills while you were gone. Some of us are quite good at it...don't you think. Can't wait to see the Minnie Mouse ensemble. We'll be waiting! :D

Glad you are back.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 29th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Glad to hear from you! Hurray for Minnie Mouse!

bkthomas
July 29th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Glad to hear from you! Hurray for Minnie Mouse!

Yup, the Minnie Mouse stuff is all Jean's fault!!!! Take care Dee!

Grandma G
July 29th, 2015, 11:04 PM
It is so good to see you post!!! Yes, this is the home of the enablers! Don't you just love it? We look forward to seeing your wallets, purses and anything else you want to share. Just so glad to see you here.

Hulamoon
July 29th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Hi Dee! Do you need some more snowflakes? hee hee

pcbatiks
July 29th, 2015, 11:41 PM
By the way.... Have you met Snickledorfer and Aunt Mildred?! :D

rebeccas-sewing
July 30th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Hi Dee! Thanks for dropping in.

Iris Girl
July 30th, 2015, 05:20 AM
Hi Dee! So good to hear from you! Can't wait to see your Minnie Mouse NCW!

buckeyequilter
July 30th, 2015, 08:01 AM
My daughter collects Mickey Mouse collectibles. I just bought her a pair of Mickey Mouse vans. I bought the NCW pattern too and have some MM fabric that I might use on it and make her one of those.

Midge
July 30th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Hey Dee! It's nice to hear from you. And your posts are very welcome. You are not going to get a lot of sympathy though from the NCW-mad crowd around here! I think it is hilarious that people actually view enabling as a bad thing. Where did they get such a wrong-headed idea? Enabling among enthusiasts is not only tolerated, it's encouraged. I have so far resisted buying that wallet pattern and giving it a try. But my resistance is slowly melting....

Musical_Starling
July 30th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Hi Dee! Do you need some more snowflakes? hee hee

It's cold enough here as it is, I think if I step out on my patio I might find some actual snowflakes lol I actually love my purple snowflakes though, I put them on my tree every year and giggle every time :)

By the way.... Have you met Snickledorfer and Aunt Mildred?! :D

YES! Oh my God, I got a "heads up" that Irma was coming to visit the forum, and I read her posts and was laughing so hard I was actually cackling. I'm so sorry I missed her, but hope I will run into Aunt Mildred around here somewhere before she kicks the bucket too lol

My daughter collects Mickey Mouse collectibles. I just bought her a pair of Mickey Mouse vans. I bought the NCW pattern too and have some MM fabric that I might use on it and make her one of those.

I was going to get the Mickey Mouse vans, but then I saw they had Minnie Mouse ones and they were PINK! So Mickey lost that battle unfortunately lol And she definitely needs a Mickey wallet to go with her shoes, I say go for it :)

Hey Dee! It's nice to hear from you. And your posts are very welcome. You are not going to get a lot of sympathy though from the NCW-mad crowd around here! I think it is hilarious that people actually view enabling as a bad thing. Where did they get such a wrong-headed idea? Enabling among enthusiasts is not only tolerated, it's encouraged. I have so far resisted buying that wallet pattern and giving it a try. But my resistance is slowly melting....

They're so cute, I just couldn't resist! And then I saw Jean make one in Mickey Mouse fabric and that was it, I was sold. Not that it takes much to convince me lol

You're all so funny and awesome, I've missed you all so much :) And I look forward to meeting all of the new members too, I'm sure they'll learn soon enough that I'm a little crazy (I'm a Newfie, it's in my blood!) and all about my hatred for orange and purple Christmas items :icon_giggle:

Hulamoon
July 30th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Well I'm glad you liked the purple snowflakes! I need to get out my machine again and make everyone's hated color. lol

I won't make yellow though. Gross. lol

Musical_Starling
July 30th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Well I'm glad you liked the purple snowflakes! I need to get out my machine again and make everyone's hated color. lol

I won't make yellow though. Gross. lol

Reminds me of people who eat yellow snow cones. First, who thought making them yellow was a good idea? And second, who thought it looked appetizing enough to buy and eat? Yuck! I remember my Dad would always joke when we went to restaurants and they would have a tip jar at the cash register, before actually giving them a money tip he would say "You want a tip? I got one for ya, don't eat yellow snow!" lol

Monique
August 4th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Post a picture of all your Minnie Mouse accessories. Glad to see you.

Bubby
August 4th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Good hearing from you, Dee!!

SewnByBee
August 4th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Hey Dee,

I'm Bee, thought I would introduce myself, it's always nice to meet another crazy kinda girl. Hope to see you around here more.