PDA

View Full Version : It's a great Monday

Blondie
October 24th, 2011, 06:21 AM

Good morning, Folksies!
It's a wonderful day in my neighborhood already. The moon is still up, hubs is rambling around getting ready to leave in a few and sleep last night was good. Coffee is smelling wonderful - what more could a gal ask for? Oh, it would've been nice if I had remembered today is my anniversary! The Lord knows what surprise, embarassment and shame I felt when Luscious grabbed me from behind, gave me a pat on the rump, a kiss in my ear and whispered, Happy Anniversary, Baby. Oy! Anyone in my family will tell you I am very poor with numbers, dates, etc. I generally walk around with that stuff written on my hand. Honest to goodness. I mean, I knew that my anniversary was the 24th of this month. I just didn't think it was the 24th yet. Sigh. So, happy anniversary to me. 16 marvelous years of being married to my precious Lucious Larry. Reckon I will make him a pie today. Or perhaps a cake.

In just a little bit, I will carry Mom for more tests and perhaps her treatment will start today. I think it will be a go as she is doing fantastic and her cold is long over.

Have a great day dear ones! Keep that smile ~ makes you look even more beautiful!

Loonwatcher
October 24th, 2011, 07:31 AM
A big HAPPY 16th ANNIVERSARY to you Blondie. Congratulations!

I'm in a quilting dilema. Started an experiment quilt this weekend using the seredipity pattern. Mostly making it from fabric I had hanging around so it will just be lap size. But I ran out of the fabric I'm using for the 5" squares. I need 12 more squares. It's fabric i got at a 2nd hand shop. Went back hoping they'd have another piece but NO! She did say she acquired allot of the fabric from a lady who was moving and she had gotten allot of it at JoAnn's. So that's where I'm heading right after work today. I hope they have some. Otherwise, I don't know what I'm going to do. Most of the square are done and I really like how it's coming out. I need that particular fabric. wish me luck!

rebeccas-sewing
October 24th, 2011, 07:33 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BLONDIE!!! It's a wonderful thing when two people commit to each other for life and it works out!!! Enjoy the day and good luck to Mom. Hope all goes well and she gets treatment today.

rebeccas-sewing
October 24th, 2011, 07:39 AM
There's always the option to make a table topper or table runner if you can't find the fabric. Maybe even pillow coverings if you need some new decorative pillows. You might even consider using what you have and combining them with another block. I've seen lots of quilts that actually have blocks used for the border of quilts. I don't know how many blocks you actually have made but there are always options.

meemeecyn
October 24th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Happy 16th, Blondie! Hope you two get to celebrate in a special way. Have a great day with Mom. You are a good daughter.....

Oh, Nancy....hope you find the fabric you are looking for! No matter what, you are so creative, I know you will come up with something.

Hope to finish up the Lap Quilt for my DSIL's birthday. It is an easy pattern, but having some issues matching up the squares. Oh well, he won't care. As long as the Red Sox logo shows, he won't notice the booboos.

Have a great day week, everyone.
Cynthia

quilter.martha
October 24th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Happy anniversary Blondie! Here's to many more to come!

It was a great weekend--my DH was gone on a men's retreat with the guys at church so I had Friday and Saturday pretty much to myself. I finished my tree skirt and on Saturday took it to a LAQ. My first ever! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! She was so nice and walked me through the whole process. And to boot she's been running a 20% off special all year long, which I knew nothing about! So now I get to play the waiting game--she promised it by Dec 1 which seems like forever to me.

Nancy, good luck finding your fabric. Rebecca's ideas are great if you can't find it. There's always options!

Off to teach my tax course, so you all have a great day!

ginampls
October 24th, 2011, 08:56 AM
hi ya everyone, ditto on the Annerversary. I am good. i have more hours this week than i wanted. but great to have a job! nice and rainy here. hope it clears up. if not oh well. i have not set up my sewing arear yet. but really feeling the erge...soon.

Monique
October 24th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Good morning everyone.

Happy Anniversary Blondie. Wishing you many many more years. Good luck with your Mom.

Nancy, hope you find the fabric you were looking for.

Cynthia, can't wait to see pics of that. And no he won't notice the little booboos.

Gina, yes a job is a wonderful thing.

Martha, can't wait to see how it turns out. Send pics.

Rebecca, have a wonderful day.

Well weekend is over. I did work on the baby quilt for my DIL's draw at the bridal show in January. Will get pics up soon.

Pretty quiet weekend overall.

Have a wonderful Monday all my quilty friends.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
October 24th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Happy 16th Anniversary to you both! ;)
We had our anniversary a few weeks back was 19 for us!
I hope you both have a wonderful day and I also hope everything goes well with your mom!
My God Bless You Today and Everyday!

Sandy Navas
October 24th, 2011, 10:39 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!! How about that. Blondie found out she's going to be a grandmother and starts forgetting things - like the most important fellow in her life right now. LL has to be such a gentle person to put up with her and keep loving her. SIXTEEN wonderful years under their belt. CONGRATULATIONS, and may you experience hundreds more!!!

I sent Nancy a message and asked her to post a picture of her fabric so we can see if someone here has it in their stash. I have so many and I'd beeeee so willing to share with her - you just never know, right?

Okay, today is my lunch day with my Li'l Sis, her DH, my Big Bro and his DW - so I won't be in the sewing room unless it is later today. So, I'm outta here. Got to clean up a bit or they won't let me in the house.

Hugs and special prayers where needed. You all can feel my arms, I'm sure.

bakermom
October 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM
happy anniversary blondie!
don't feel bad, i can't remember my anniversary, either. DH usually has to correct me.

KiltedQuilter
October 24th, 2011, 10:52 AM
BLONDIE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us3dQ0nnlHY) great stuff! Happy 16th year together! (clicky on your name!)

Today I will be watching Grey's Anatomy(season 5, SO need to catch up!) and trying to do some housework(when I'm not off in a dream about McDreamy. I heart Patrick Dempsey :icon_love:).

toggpine
October 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I think there is a new fabric finder thingie on the web too. I'm just buzzing through this morning and have already used up more time than I should have here on the computer!
I am at the school today helping with the "Reading Is Fundamental" program. By the end of the day each child will have a new book of their very own. It is the choosing that some of them need help with, and then, for the younger ones, I get to read them the book they chose.
I made a cutting mistake last night while slicing up the 9-patches for a D9P. Arrgh! Now I have to go to J's and get another 1/4 yd of red flannel to fix it. thankfully it was only one block, but still. I have spent too much time away from the quilting if I can make that mistake.
Gotta run! Catch you all later!
Cathy

Bubby
October 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Good Morning....Just dragged out of bed and shocked to see the time. Blondie, wishing you a fantastic 16th anniversary and many more to come!!!! Looks like we're both married to big teddybears. I hope all goes well with Mom today.

Not much going to happen around here today...I'm in slow-mo. I got think I'll do some straightening in my sewing room and see if I can get inspired. I have loads and loads of wash to do today and beds to change,

I hope all is well in everyone's corner...check in later...HUGS all around....

janluna
October 24th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Good afternoon everyone, Blondie and LL have a great day! Congratulations on 16 years. Joe and I had ours in September. The number was 46.
Gina, so glad to see you online! Glad the job is working out. Did they fix your hours so you could be with Abbey when she gets home from school?
Nancy, I have a few pieces of Joann fabric laying about. What is yours. Maybe I can help too.
Have a great day everyone. Love and hugs with prayers for all, Jan L.

sewsoft
October 24th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone. Happy Anniversary Blondie.
Hope everyone's day is going well.

Smfidler
October 24th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Good morning and happy anniversary to you Blondie!

It's a bittersweet morning for me. I won the weekly giveaway which is awesome but I have a really close friend going through a horrible ordeal. We are self medicating this morning will loads of chocolate and venting and figuring out the next move. Please pray for her and her kids.

Have a great Monday everyone

HandsOffItsMine
October 24th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Happy 16th Anniversary Blondie & Larry!

Nothing exciting here, working on the livingroom and bedroom.

Have a great day all.

Aloha, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
October 24th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Good morning and happy anniversary to you Blondie!

It's a bittersweet morning for me. I won the weekly giveaway which is awesome but I have a really close friend going through a horrible ordeal. We are self medicating this morning will loads of chocolate and venting and figuring out the next move. Please pray for her and her kids.

Have a great Monday everyone

Congrats to you and prayers for the friend and kids. May there be enough Chocolate Macadamian Nuts to cover the sorrow.

Granny Judy
October 24th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hey, Blondie...Thats alot of LL , Congrats!!

Sitting here Waiting for the Mail to be delivered.. got more fabric coming from my Shopping Ebay Frenzy.. "lots" of fabric= more than one piece or item. I won so many goodies.. For $2.29, I have stocked my stash with great pieces of fabric in fat quarters and 1/2 yard lengths.. approx 10 yards of goodies. Total cost $17.79 (Its that darn S&H that gets your money) And I have 2 more LOTS on the way.

I should have plenty to keep me busy all Winter... especially loving the Panel fabrics that I've found in a couple of boxes. I wanna use them to practise my Trapunto skills on. I have lots of scrap batting to use up.

I just finished up the last step cutting of my 3 Dudes Blocks Now all is left is the sewing and label on each. Got a new printer this past week end, so it is time to Practise making/printing my own labels. I heard that if you soak the printed fabric in vinegar & salt (like tye dye stuff) it should "set" the ink permanently.. will let ya know how that works out!! Unless anyone else has done this??? Let us know if it worked, please....

OH, it's after 2 here,, the mail has been delivered!! Hugs to all and have a great day, everyone.

quiltingtrish
October 24th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Congratulations Blondie and LL!!!!! Hope you 2 have many, many more!!!!!

Hugs,

debinmalaga
October 24th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Congrats, Blondie and LL!

middlesis1966
October 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Blondie and LL Congrats on 16 years, WOW!!! Its always nice when we find our love. Man did I ever have to kiss alot frogs to find my prince. Im happy you have yours too! Dont worry I forget ours alot of years too. This year I didnt remember until 2 weeks later. But I joke with him because I tell him I had chemo brain and what was his excuse, lol
Chocolate therapy is the best!!!! I will add your friend to my prayers!

Blondie
October 24th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your all your well wishes. quiet day here while hubs was at work. I did spoil myself after taking Mom to the Dr. and spent the rest of the day sewing. I put together a DP9 - almost completed the top. I used a Victoria charm pack - of course this will be for the "baby". Will post when I get to a stopping point.
I made hubs lasagna, parmesan bread and a big salad for our anniversary dinner. Sis brought over chocolate cheesecake. Sis, her hubs, Luscious and I just swallowed that cake whole. Of course, I made some wonderful coffee to go with. Very nice anniversary.
Hugs to all for a good nights sleep.

janluna
October 25th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Night Blondie, Sweet Dreams for you and Larry! Love and hugs, on your day, Jan L.

KiltedQuilter
October 25th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Did someone say CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE???!!?!
Sounds like a VERY good anniversary meal! yum :D

Loonwatcher
October 25th, 2011, 08:55 AM
THanks everyone for the great ideas about my fabric shortage. But FOUND SOME!!!!! yay!!!