PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Back to School No Tax Weekend

Lori63
July 29th, 2015, 12:46 PM
I hope someone from Missouri can answer my questions!

My sister lives in Missouri and I'm pretty close. I'm thinking of going to see her that weekend for the no tax sales. Her county and city participate and they usually have great sales. She was reading the list of included items and it says fabric for making uniforms, clothes and items needed to make the clothes or something like that.

My question is: Do you know if this would include quilting fabric (I could make a dress, right?), needles, thread, etc?

Ahamblin
July 29th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I can't answer for Missouri but in New York when we have had clothing no tax week it did include fabric that could be used to make clothing which includes what we call quilting cotton.

YellowCockatiel
July 29th, 2015, 06:46 PM
How sweet is that! No tax weekend! Here in Chicago, not only "no tax weekend" will NEVER happen in Chicago, but our taxes were just raised again. We have the highest taxes in the nation! I think I need to retire and move to Missouri. Maybe M* is hiring and I'll get an employee discount too!

Sharyn J
July 29th, 2015, 10:21 PM
How sweet is that! No tax weekend! Here in Chicago, not only "no tax weekend" will NEVER happen in Chicago, but our taxes were just raised again. We have the highest taxes in the nation! I think I need to retire and move to Missouri. Maybe M* is hiring and I'll get an employee discount too!

I feel your pain. It's all of Cook County and suburbs! On a good note, I scored 6 packs of post-its for $1 at Walgreens today. It's the little things that fill me with glee! :lol: