PDA

View Full Version : Happy Wednesday

Blondie
July 29th, 2015, 07:30 AM

Hello folksies!

Remember how I said yesterday that I wasn't going to be answering the phone? That didn't work too well for me. I am going to try it one more time. But this time my family has been warned. That way if they have to really really really see me or need me, they won't need to actually come knocking on my door, making sure I wasn't stung by another Japanese hornet, passed out on the floor.

So now that you know what happened yesterday and as a result what I will and won't be doing today as a consequence of that is this. I am still in the process of setting up my little room. I am able to sew - just needing to get more accomplished in there. And that leaves me with a huge mess down in the old dungeon. I have to straighten up down there and quite frankly, I need to be able to use my old sturdy but ratty looking big table for laying out and sandwiching. Not enough wall space for me to tape anything to and trust me when I tell you, this gal ain't crawling on the floor. I believe one reason my little sweetie pie Tyler began walking was because I mentally and out loud prayed for, exhorted and helped him walk, rather than me getting down on the floor to play with him. Trust when I say it is difficult enough just to bend over, ha! At least I get my exercise one way or the other.

So some time to clean and of course there will be time down at Mom's - her blueberries are in and we need to be picking them and freezing them. I am all for giving them to the local food bank. Yes, there are that many berries.

Prayers for those in need, smiles to all!

Ginny B
July 29th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Good morning Blondie and all to come. It is a better day today than it was yesterday or the day before. All of a sudden Monday afternoon something hit me like a truck and I was sooooo sick. I just had to quickly leave work and get home. I was down for the count for sure. I started feeling better yesterday afternoon but still very wrung out. I did eat some soup last night and this morning I am feeling much better. Off to work I will go.

Have a great day all. It's going to be a hot one here today. If you are dealing with high temps, take it easy and keep cool.

Bubby
July 29th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Morning Blondie & Everyone,

I'm up and ready to sew today. I was so happy when someone told me yesterday was just Tuesday,...in my head it was Wednesday. So I'm going to make the most of my extra day and sew.

Our heat index yesterday was 119 degrees...unbearable. More of the same for us today.

I'm working on a little COC quilt for Blondie.

Wishing everyone a great day.....with hugs, of course.

Iris Girl
July 29th, 2015, 08:42 AM
My day of and it promises to be hot and sticky today. No cooking for me, son is grilling chicken tonight. Working on a PICU quilt from leftover charms and scrap bin cuts. Since we traded the Harley in we have been going over some accessories we no longer need and listing them on craigslist. One went yesterday and we agreed to meet the buyer 1/2 way which was a 25 min ride for each. Good deal. Hubby is finally getting rid of the huge bowflex in our living room..Since he kinda ruined the floor where the bench comes down :( One of the secretaries where he works son will take it. I am going to put a small island cart where it was to store my pots and pans in. Not easy living with a hubby who things we need a gym at home and never helps clean things. Anywho...Hope all have a great day and stay cool. Hugs to those in need.

mischiefkat
July 29th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Good Morning to all,
It's muggy here all ready and it's just 8 am. OT therapist comes today...going to show hubby new exercises for me. Doc visit tomorrow. Everybody have a good day ....prayers for all who need them. Kathy

EnumclawGramma
July 29th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Good Morning! It's early for me, I know. I have my coffee beside me and some news on. I'm trying to get moving and accomplish a few things before I take off for my day with the Grands. I have one more border to go on my wedding gift quilt and it'll be ready for the LAQ. She has one for me and I'm hopefully going to give her two! Progress is being made in my sewing room - finally! Once I got dishes done and beds made yesterday all I did was sew. I LOVED it!

Ok, now to get moving! Have a wonderful day. Do something fun. See you tomorrow! Hugs/Prayers all 'round!

RockinLou
July 29th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Good morning! I started my day earlier than I wanted, but I enjoyed some alone time and curled a doll's hair and researched a transformer's toy. In typical fashion the moment that I opened my school books the kids came tumbling down the stairs looking for hugs and apple juice. Why yes, of course! ;-)

irishrn
July 29th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Morning all. Late start here. DH has doctor appt at 1130 so I need to go wake him up. We all are sleepy this morning. Even Casey let me sleep till 845am. Usually up by 7 am!!
Found time to food shop yesterday while DH was napping. Needed to get some basics in for the rest of the week! Got the TV cabinet put back together and finished up some more cleaning and laundry. More today if my energy holds out.
Hope everyone has a good day! Hugs to all!

GrammaBabs
July 29th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I remember those days when EVERYTHING and EVERYONE else had to come first... Bless you my friend... your time is coming.. I pray for it...
May you get that space up and running... it's the hardest part!! Hugs, B

KPH
July 29th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Good Morning all.

I think I have a case of avoidance. I'm avoiding the hexies. I'm avoiding the cable box that keeps rebooting itself while the rest of the boxes seem to be fine. I'm avoiding thinking about supper or getting something out for dinner. I'm avoiding getting mom up.

Maybe with one more cuppa, I'll feel like getting busy with something. lol, I doubt it.

A trip to the salon, and apparently a trip to the cable office are on my agenda today.

rebeccas-sewing
July 29th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Poor Joe. We just got back from the sailing trip and off to Spain he went! If you think that sounds glamorous, guess again! Business travel isn't exactly fun times. He didn't know he was leaving until a couple of hours before he needed to head out the door. Talk about scrambling. He reached Spain close to midnight. I'm sure it's hot as H#ll there and I bet he's drinking tons of coffee just to stay awake. All I have to say is thank goodness it's not me doing all this business travel. I'm happy to be home, especially since it's been raining cats and dogs since we returned from Croatia. Pot of veggie soup made and a bit of work done on a baby quilt. I'm feeling fairly productive. Since returning from vacation my energy level has been quite low. Praying my sis gets a good report on her tongue. She had a follow-up biopsy and a back molar removed since her tongue was healing and growing over that tooth. The results of the biopsy are due today.

CraftyJnet
July 29th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Good morning!
It's 7am here and a busy day ahead. My daughters best friend is coming to spend the day with me - she is like a second daughter to me. In reality, my daughter is driving home to surprise her bestie! They will have a fun day together. I just found out the neighbor's daughter had a baby and I'm scheduled to meet him tomorrow so I'm off to Macy's today to buy him a little something. I wish I was as talented and fast! as you all on the forum and I could make him a baby quilt, but I would need more time. Have a great day, all!

SewnByBee
July 29th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Good Morning Blondie and Everyone,

Hopefully this will be a good day.
I have to many irons n the fire, now I
have to prioritize my project's. Why do
this to myself? I don'T know.

Have a blessed day .

quiltingtrish
July 29th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Another hot day here in PA. Well, it is getting there. I was up early thanks to the dog who decided once I was up, she didn't have to go out after all. I must have gotten some energy from somewhere because I got half of the huge deck already waterproofed. The other half has to wait for another cooler day and the first half has to dry anyways so I have a place to move the chairs and other things that are out there.

I think I will spend the rest of my day finishing the free motion quilting on my mom's cousins quilt. I do thank the Lord for giving someone the sense to invent air conditioning or I would be drippy by now. I don't know how my mother did it.

Have a great day everyone.

Lori63
July 29th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Good morning all:)
Rebecca, please keep us posted on your sis. Hoping the biopsy comes back with good news.

I'm off work today, hoping to get my I spy quilt top done. Then I want to start on a Fishing Sam (maybe it's Fred) baby quilt for my grandson due in December. I have a design for machine embroidery I think I'll make him with, then put the blocks together and quilt.

Son wants potato boats for dinner, so I have to make it to the store sometime today also. Have a great day everyone!