PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Night Owl

kimsophia
July 29th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Hootie hoo! Gotta fire this off early since giant storms are rolling in...how are y'all doing?

I am practicing FMQing on some little quilt sandwiches. I changed to a Microtex needle and got a lot less batting being pushed through the back when stitching...I want to buy some 90/14 Topstich needles and see how those stitches turn out. I still can't move the fabric sandwich under the needle very well and see what I'm doing. However I am having some fun microstippling.

Ay yi yi, lightning! Night Owls, represent! :)

RockinLou
July 29th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Howdy! I'm headed to bed, no sewing here, just playing with the little laptop that my husband brought home for me tonight, I need to actually get started doing school work one of these days, but tonight I was able to claim "setting it up" rather than getting to work ;-)

sewlucky
July 29th, 2015, 01:19 AM
I visited Appliqué Heaven in Canmore yesterday and picked up their beautiful Row by Row. We have been enjoying our vacation so far, doing a whole lot of relaxing here in our little Trailer Swift, glamping with full services in Banff National Park. We had dinner with a dear friend who we hadn't seen in far too long on Sunday and today we did some sight seeing with a very cool App called Gypsy as our tour guide. We are looking forward to more touring tomorrow. We've had a good bit of dreary rain days but that hasn't made our trip less enjoyable at all. I finished Book 6 of the Outlander series and am onto Book 7 :)

Terri

stationarymom
July 29th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Hoot hoot Not to much going on here now,we had storms earlier today.R.I. had a possible tornado(small one).I hope everyone is doing well.I need to start a new project just not sure what I want to do yet.I also need to start cleaning the house ,my dad is coming up from Ok.My mother always kept her house spotless,she didn't allow us to sit in the living room it only got used for Christmas eve and day.

Hulamoon
July 29th, 2015, 01:35 AM
It's still too hot here. I went up to my loft /old sewing room to look for something and I think it was 100 degrees. I was sweating like a you know what when I came down. I can't move when it's so hot! I propragated a few plants today and that's about it it. Maybe I should invest in some air condtioning.

Genny
July 29th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Bad storms going thru here tonight. DH just got called out to move trees off the highway about 5 miles from us ( he had to move some small limbs out of our driveway before he could leave). Said on the news that parts of Iowa got over 6 inches of rain today. I'm going to be a night owl tonight till he gets home.

bubba
July 29th, 2015, 03:28 AM
I am a tired night owl. We flew down to Portland and back today. Left at 1015 and got home about 2300. MM voted for me to drive down and he would drive back......you better believe I hopped on that bandwagon!

Drive down was not bad. Went all the way to Wilsonville because there is a sushi place there we like to eat at. Next stop was a quilt shop that was a cute little place. Good thing I don't live closer as it would be tough to decide between there and the Pine Needle! From there, he wanted to go to an electronics place that was a pawn shop. Then another....closed!! After that I kindly asked if we could stop by J's so I could see if I could find some of the black fabric I like, but they had none. However, they did have some of that pretty butterfly fabric I made a purse from a while back so I picked up some of that since the one by me sold out in two days. Next stop....FABRIC DEPOT!!

I first went to the sewing machine section because I had questions about my Juki and the needle threader. The salesman said it was not the easiest thing to do, but he managed to do it two out of three times and I did it one out of one!!! Now I just have to try on my machine and see if I can repeat it. I then walked up and down nearly every aisle then headed outside to the sale tent. I got some great denim for $4 a yard!!!! 54 inches wide to boot! Got some cool cottons for $5 and $6 a yard....my favorite part is that they were Michael Miller and Riley Blake....how can you go wrong?

Stopped at Powells next. It is a HUGE four story book store, the majority of them are used. We love that place! After that it was time to head home. Time was 1915 and traffic was awful!!! It was at this point that I giggled because once we left the sushi place, we were headed back north, so it was his turn to drive!!! Stopped for Chinese on the way home and now it's time for bed, but we are letting Yoda run around for a bit after being in his kennel all day.

Andrea F
July 29th, 2015, 03:37 AM
Good morning! I'm sitting here drinking my first cup and waiting to actually really wake up. I have a very full week workwise (grading 35 of those tests from last week) and need to get it over with this week. You won't believe how long it takes to read these, the students write everything that comes to their mind and we have to search for the right answers in their "novels". Oh well, I rather correct the tests than take it :D

Next week, I'll be home all week because I'm on staycation! We all are most of the week, DS#1 has his last week of summer break and DS#2 is off work for three days, too. We have nothing planned for the week but going to the local fabric store and maybe a day in the Netherlands, visiting Amsterdam or so. I sealed the deal with the writing job, so I'll be working on that too but I don't have to be anywhere at a given time and that's great.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Lightwriter
July 29th, 2015, 03:45 AM
My, the little owls have been busy! Quiet here. Had a frustrating day sewing...one of those times the frogs had their way way too often. Rip-it seemed to be the chorus of today. Finally just came downstairs and curled up on the couch in the AC.

The schedule for today is full with chores. Still hot here. We missed the storm last night that came through town nearby. Just a few drops of rain.

Now if I could sleep a little I might feel better, but don't think it is happening. So, sharing a hoot with you all.

kimsophia
July 29th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Wheee, I'm still awake! But I'm going to try to fall asleep now. Good night, everybody! :D