PDA

View Full Version : What An Adventure!

rebeccas-sewing
July 28th, 2015, 03:40 AM
We're back from our sailing adventure on the Adriatic Sea. Dubrovnik is a really beautiful place to visit. I don't advise going there in the month of July. There were days when the temperature was well over 100F. We had tons of fun sailing and had one day in particular when we suddenly found ourselves in some very strong winds. Took us all by surprise and what a ride!!! I took over six hundred photos but I'm attaching just a few so you can get the picture of what it's like in Dubrovnik, Croatia. The first few days we stayed in a hotel and toured the city of Dubrovnik before heading off on our sailing adventure. The first photo is the outside of the hotel (Ragusa). The whole city is built of stone with many very steep steps to climb off the main street.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 28th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Rebecca, what a beautiful place! Glad you had fun on your adventure!

Sylvia H
July 28th, 2015, 04:23 AM
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your adventure with us.

Granny Judy
July 28th, 2015, 04:41 AM
Picture perfect... (pun intended) over 600 photos and I bet you will never forget this adventure.... Hope you scrapbook and save those special moments. Hugs,

Learner quilter
July 28th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Looks beautiful.. Lots of memories with your photos.

Nidan_07
July 28th, 2015, 06:07 AM
Looks like such a beautiful place. Glad you had a safe and happy adventure.

Lightwriter
July 28th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Quite the adventure in a picture perfect spot! There are places you can upload photos to and they will print a beautiful book...did one for DD's wedding and it was gorgeous. I have done one for a trip and DD has some for trips. They are good value for what they are.

So glad you had some a breathtaking time!

Blondie
July 28th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Aw Rebecca - you get to see the most wonderful and exotic places. Your pictures were spectacular - you and Joe make quite the handsome couple.

Bubby
July 28th, 2015, 08:09 AM
What a gorgeous place!!!! I can tell you had a great time...who wouldn't. Your pictures turned out great....thanks for sharing.

songbird857
July 28th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Such beautiful pics... and the water is so clear! Breathtaking. Two good friends of mine are pastoring in Croatia and love it there!

Lori63
July 28th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Looks like a beautiful place and looks like you had a great time!

pcbatiks
July 28th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Wow.........gorgeous pictures! Must have been a wonderful trip!

Mom23
July 28th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Rebecca, your photos are beautiful. I have a friend in Croatia right now and he is posting some beautiful pictures on Facebook. Croatia needs to be added to my bucket list of places to go!

KPH
July 28th, 2015, 10:12 AM
You've shared more pictures than my son shared on his deployments. He's been to some beautiful places, maybe one day we'll get to see some of them.

So glad you had a great trip. So many beautiful sights!

klgls
July 28th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Beautiful place - thanks for sharing your pictures and no doubt you had the time of your life!!

MBCA
July 29th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Gorgeous pictures, bet you had a wonderful time.

bubba
July 29th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Do you own a sailboat, or were you on a charter trip? My best friend and her husband stay down in the Marshall Islands now and in the summer months sail. This year, they went to Fiji, took them almost four weeks to get there! I am not a sailor and would not enjoy it. I think she is quickly tiring of it, so I really don't think she will keep at it long. She told her husband she would do it for five years and this is the third and I won't be surprised if it is her last! During the rest of the year, they live on their boat in the island marina. I know her husband loves it, but her, no.

Andrea F
July 29th, 2015, 03:48 AM
Rebecca, those pictures are just beautiful and you two make a handsome couple! It's nice to hear you had a great vacation. Hubby always tells me Croatia is beautiful and wants us to go on vacation there but I'm kind of hesitant. After seeing your beautiful pictures I might be a little more open for Croatia as an option.

rebeccas-sewing
July 29th, 2015, 03:50 AM
Bubba- Our friend took sailing lessons to get his Captain's license earlier this year. His wife, one son and Joe took crew classes together in Scotland and Joe also got his radio license at that time. We don't own the boat. It's a rental. None of us have any intention of owning a sailboat. Rental is the way to go for us. I was really impressed with the job Nigel did serving as skipper. It was a huge boat. 53 footer, 5 cabins and 3 heads. Thank goodness for seasick meds. I was fine the first day. Second day we were anchored and had lunch on the boat - up and down, up and down. Next thing I knew I was feeling really bad. We thought it might be dehydration since it was so hot. I drank over a liter of water and put a seasick patch on and I was fine the rest of the vacation. I have two patches left over. You can be sure I'll wear those on the cruise with Jenny in April. There were ten of us sailing together, otherwise, the cost would've been astronomical!

Lenie
July 29th, 2015, 04:34 AM
That most have been a great trip! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, Rebecca!

SallyO'Sews
July 29th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Wowowow, Rebecca! What a beautiful place. I'll bet their tourism office would use some of your pics in their advertising campaigns. So glad you got to go, and that you're back safely.

alliek
July 29th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Stunning pictures, So difficult to think of years back when that Country was in a turmoil. How lovely to see it today. Thanks so much for sharing.