PDA

View Full Version : Any night owls out flying around?

Lightwriter
July 28th, 2015, 01:05 AM
A bit lonely in the woods tonight. Don't even hear the echo of a hoot.

Took the car to be serviced this morning, then went nuts and decided to wash the car in the hot weather. After I finally cooled off I sewed for awhile. I didn't have enough different I Spy tumblers to get the size I needed for even a baby quilt (I wanted this one to be large enough to grow with due to the theme) Ended up fishing through even my Halloween stash to finish up. The stash is in the hotter part of the attic so I was steaming again by the time I tracked enough down. Hope to sew the ones I found together today and decide on a final layout. So far I am liking it pretty well.

Hope all is well in the woods and give a hoot when you can!

Hulamoon
July 28th, 2015, 01:21 AM
It's almost 90 here. I hate it! Halloween makes for good I spy. When I make mine I will have to remember I have that in my stash.

I'm settling down to watch the train wreak of the Bachlorette. This is only the second time I watched it all the way through. It didn't dsappoint this time. All I can say is wow. lol

Sharyn J
July 28th, 2015, 01:24 AM
Hoot Hoot, I'm still awake. Today, I didn't get any sewing done. I had intended to clean up the sewing area so I could start fresh with a new project but I got side-tracked. My friend has a huge garden and gave me lots of freshly picket carrots, zucchini and beets. I'll throw the beets in the crock pot tomorrow to cook and then can some pickled beets. I decided to make some ricotta & zucchini lasagna roll ups. That took most of the afternoon and I still have to start the dishwasher, but dinner was yummy!

I have several wallets cut out but I'm waiting for hardware and I keep looking at my Horizon fabric trying to decide what quilt to make. I think I'll sleep on it! Goodnight everyone.

Quiltfreestyle
July 28th, 2015, 01:55 AM
Not too late here, only 9:45pm. Im still not sleeping well, mostly because th Hubs doesn't sleep well & he wakes me up. I may have to start sleeping in the guest room, even tho I hate to do it. I've slept with him too many years to sleep well alone...
Ended up taking a nap today, which will only mess up my sleep tonight. Oh well, it will all work out eventually..

I did get to sew some today, & also decided to give up on a few projects... I just decided that there are a few UFOs that I don't really want to finish.
So now my plan is to work on the Row by Row patterns I've picked up so far. I think single rows is about the limit of my attention span right now..
Hope the other owls are doing well..

bubba
July 28th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Sitting here watching the recording of Bachelorette....thank you Lorie for not saying anything!!!! Right now she is she is talking with Shawn on the night before the final day.....I know how I want it to go, but don't know if it will or not. On one hand, I feel her and one deserve each other just because I think they are both skanks, then on the other hand, that guy likes her so much and I am afraid she will screw him over.

I made a jewelry roll today. The pattern was the most confusing pattern I have ever sewn. I asked MM for backup and he could not figure it out (I had been trying for two days!!) so then I called in the big guns and asked Dolores and we both figured it out together. In the end, it turned out fine and in the future they will go together lickity split, but today...aye yi yi!!!

Going to Portland, Oregon for the day tomorrow. For my birthday, MM bought me a pair of Mephisto sandals. my ankle has not been bothering me and neither has my foot since I started wearing them!! They are miracle shoes! Going to have to save up some $$ to buy wintertime clogs....or knit myself some toe socks and see how that works.

jjkaiser
July 28th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Well hello, I just got home from work. Had no time for sewing today, it was work, work work. My DH works from home, he is a criminal defense attorney and I do all his secretarial work in the mornings and work second shift at a hospital as a Radiology HUC. So some days are pretty busy!

I have been laboring over a Broken Dishes quilt I am making for my sister for xmas. I started it in December and have worked on it almost every single day. I hq so it takes a loooooong time to do that but is turning out great. I did take off the double border twice--wow that was alot of **** stitches to remove but I am happy with it now. I will be making scalloped edges for the first time. I ordered the DD the other day--the bendy light. So I cannot wait for it to arrive so then I can quilt more at night, on my days off.

My GD bd (will be 3 yo) is in Sept and I am dying to make a Happy Bd pennant banner for her out of some layer cakes I have. I am undecidex how to do the letters... I don't like the selection of iron on letters frim JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. Maybe I will just bias cut some black cotton I have into half inch strips to form the letters and zigzag them onto the pennants. Not sure if I should actually attach them permanently or just sew them to a small sq of fabric (prob white since I am making black letters) that can be safety pinned to the flags in case my daughter wants to use the banner for a non-birthday event. Any suggestions on that or how else I could make the letters???

And that's all that's happening in my life today!!!

stationarymom
July 28th, 2015, 02:11 AM
Hoot Hoot I'm still sitting in my tree tonight,it's to hot to sleep right now The temp dropped to the high 70's but it's so humid it just won't cool off inside.I bought the new flannel layer cake last night and don't know what I might make out of it any ideas out there? I need to get in my room and start organizing fabric because I keep adding to a space that really has none.

kimsophia
July 28th, 2015, 02:20 AM
I have been practicing loopy clams today. I made a template and drew several and tried. I can not use my foot pedal successfully. My speed goes all over the place. I decided just to use the on button on a slow, steady speed. I don't like being awake days so I hope to get my clock moved back to nights.

shawnan
July 28th, 2015, 03:12 AM
My Mr-Man helped me make chokecherry jelly today. Actually he did most of the work because he did all the stirring. We ended up making 4 batches. and I had my very last Cardiac Rehab therapy this afternoon. That always done me in for the day. I'm hoping to find the sewing room tomorrow before my doctor's appointment. What I would really like would be to have a week without some sort of medical appointment so that I could sew more.

Nancy

kensington
July 28th, 2015, 03:15 AM
Been sitting here watching a Shirley Temple film fest on TCM. And am headed to bed soon.

kensington
July 28th, 2015, 03:15 AM
My Mr-Man helped me make chokecherry jelly today. Actually he did most of the work because he did all the stirring. We ended up making 4 batches. and I had my very last Cardiac Rehab therapy this afternoon. That always done me in for the day. I'm hoping to find the sewing room tomorrow before my doctor's appointment. What I would really like would be to have a week without some sort of medical appointment so that I could sew more.

Nancy

I want to learn to put up Jelly. I can do Apple Butter.

Granny Judy
July 28th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Hoot, Hoot... just a quick fly by as I return to bed from a bathroom run. Finally over some of my dizziness. My inner ear infection had me flying every direction; upside down and side ways. Got to see the doctor early am and hopefully will be able to find my way around here soon as the meds take hold. Esp if we are making jellys, jams and "butters". Since leaving the farm in 89, I no longer have enough goodies to do them....

But there is an Apple Farm a couple hours drive north of me..... will have to get the kids to take me back there this fall for all their Apples and goodies!! It's a great outing and just my speed.

Hulamoon
July 28th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Sitting here watching the recording of Bachelorette....thank you Lorie for not saying anything!!!! Right now she is she is talking with Shawn on the night before the final day.....I know how I want it to go, but don't know if it will or not. On one hand, I feel her and one deserve each other just because I think they are both skanks, then on the other hand, that guy likes her so much and I am afraid she will screw him over.

And no surrprise she did. I actually felt sorry for him. Remember I said she posted a picture on instragram of who she said yes to a couple of weeks ago? Sort of left no point to watch it anymore. But still I did. lol

bubba
July 28th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I'm not on instagram, so did not see it. On the after show, she seems like a different person. She should have been like that all along.

Hulamoon
July 28th, 2015, 02:05 PM
I'm not on instagram, so did not see it. On the after show, she seems like a different person. She should have been like that all along.

She was on Kimmel last niight. It was Snapchat. I don't them either,I saw it on the intnert in an article. Anyway she sent it to a show producer and someone else got a hold of it. You going to watch Bachelor in paradise? lol