PDA

View Full Version : Hello Monday

Blondie
July 27th, 2015, 06:31 AM

Hello folksies!
Monday - can't you dig it? My weekend was most pleasant as weekends go for me. I was able to spend some time with the family - Luscious Larry's family and then with mine. And believe it or not, sometimes when both sides get all together, it isn't even a funeral. When getting to visit with the family out in Ringgold, we ate loads of chicken, slaw, macaroni salad, biscuits, potato salad, 3 bean salad, corn on the cob and of course we had gallons of sweet tea made. Those sisters of my man can cook as good as his Mom. They are also well acquainted with that Colonel. When I asked who made the chicken, I needed to learn how to do make it so it tasted this way, they laughed and laughed. Talk about feeling like a dumb blonde. Luscious whispered in my ear that even his Ma never cooked chicken that good but my slaw was better. aww.
Yesterday was my day with DD - She likes to kidnap me now and then and keep me to herself. We tool all over Henry County, stop and get us some greasy diner and just talk. It is always so good to have that just us time without the guys or the rest of the family because then we are always interrupted, serving food, changing diapers, smiling and being polite. Did I just say that? Y'all know what I mean! I am almost always polite and I always smile unless I am watching a weepy movie (which is hardly ever- crying makes my whole face puff up for a week and I don't look good with a puffy face).
Hope each of you have a wonderful day full of happy surprises or planned events - like sewing. Blessings, good thoughts, hugs and prayers all around. How about a smile too? There you go!

Bubby
July 27th, 2015, 06:43 AM

Morning Blondie and Everyone,

A new week filled with new possibilities. I hope to get some of my little projects done this week. I also have two business meetings to attend and loads of paperwork to deal with....plus laundry and a house that needs some primping. Dottie has been acting like she needs some extra attention from me, so I will make it a point to give her some extra love and time today. Maybe we can take a nap together this afternoon.

We had storms off and on all weekend. I am so looking forward to Fall.

Wishing everyone a fabulous Monday.

Ginny B
July 27th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Good morning everyone. We had a good weekend -- had our little Henry for most of Saturday and a good part of yesterday. We did get to the beach for a bit yesterday morning too. DH really needed his relaxing beach time. While I had three days off last week, he actually was covering for someone at work who was on vacation so his hours were changed and they were longer too. Back to regular schedule this week.

Looks like we had a bit of rain overnight. I didn't hear a thing. May have more during the day so I'll be sure to bring my umbrella in case I need to take a trip down to our other building at work.

Have a good day everyone.

Lori63
July 27th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Good morning all. I had a great weekend, lots of "me" time and lots of sewing. It will be a quiet week for me, just work, work, work. Well, I guess I have Wednesday off with no plans as of yet. I'm sure one of the DDs will fill up my time. But that's ok, because it means they want to spend time with their mama:)

mischiefkat
July 27th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Blondie, you always make me smile. Starts the day off just right Thanks Kathy

Simply Quilting
July 27th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Good Morning! Blondie, that meal sounds delicious. We are up at them this morning. Today we start a week of VBS (Vacation Bible School). DH and I do the daily newsletter. It is bitter sweet - love VBS but it also means school is right around the corner. I am still trying to figure out where the summer went especially July.

Have a great day everyone :)

Snickeldorfer
July 27th, 2015, 09:31 AM
just peeking in for a minute
to say hello
busy saturday
lazy sunday
po run this morning
if you are expecting something
from me
just hang in there
it will be there soon

Snickeldorfer
July 27th, 2015, 09:32 AM
oh and for the person who asked
that is not my picture on my
i am much more uglier

RockinLou
July 27th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Good morning friends! Sipping coffe on the couch under a blanket with the kids. I accidentally left the pool towels on the patio and they appear to be wet, so I'm not ready to go out there and deal with that! I'm just going to cuddle here and ignore it for a stretch.

We had a pretty relaxing weekend, after my mom's visit everything feels relaxing! Yesterday I woke up thinking it was Monday, so Sunday felt like an extra special gift! We have four days left here in ATL this summer, then to NJ and back to Kazakhstan. We've had a wonderful summer but we are all ready to get back to our normal lives, even if they don't seem normal to anyone else!!

tnmtgrl
July 27th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Good Morning everyone....the weather here this morning does not feel as muggy as days past, thank God, because it has been one hot July here in east TN. I am so looking forward to that first cool morning of fall. It won't be long now with July almost gone and August upon us. I'm thinking maybe 4 weeks and we should be looking at some dryer air coming in. I don't have anything special planned for today....just housework and some time in the studio. We have company coming in for a couple days on Wednesday...looking forward to that otherwise nothing much happening here. In a couple weeks I will be taking a friend to go see the Gatlinburg Arts and Crafts community. She has never seen it and it's always fun to drive the loop and stop in at the shops to see what's what. I'm also needing a girls day so it will be fun. Well I hope everyone has a great day today...and those that are having this hot humid weather try to stay cool. :icon_wave:

Navy Wife
July 27th, 2015, 10:05 AM
It's muggy over here, Jen. I think the mountains dump all the humidity on Knoxville and us! I have to go grocery shopping, so I'm making this short. I hate to get out after 11. My weekend was quiet and peaceful. I was able to do some sewing and catch up on e mails and forums. My week ahead is filling up fast, so I need to get busy. The house is a mess and I have to do some cleaning out and throwing away. Hot weather is a good time for that since I don't want to stick my nose outside. Have a happy day all.

irishrn
July 27th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Late good morning to all! I apparently crashed after I woke up at 530 and hit the couch for a little more sleep. I woke up at 915!!
Had a weird night of aches and pains that kept waking me up!

Started out yesterday with a good plan. Got curtains sewn and hung and I really like them. Those heavy drapes are gone!
But then Casey decided to dig up a rabbit nest he found and presented me with three dead babies! Rest of the day spent looking for the nest and I finally found one lone baby. I thought I protected the nest from him but apparently he found it this morning while I was sleeping. It made me so mad!!! I hate to see that! And of course Casey couldn't figure out why I was mad at him!!

So the plan is to get back on track today. I enjoyed my few minutes of sewing the curtains yesterday, so I need to get back to my sewing cave!!

Hope all are well and enjoying a cool, sunny day!

Carrie J
July 27th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Morning Blondie and All!

Another sweltering day here, joyfully defeated by staying inside with my leetle fren....A/C! Jen, ewwww, wish I could go with you to Gatlinburg, and Navy Wife, the mountains dew drop the humidity on KTown!!! LOL! But surprisingly, from Mur'ville and entering the back entrance to the Park, it's does drop a few degrees. How well I remember the humidity, but wow, what a Fall there is!! I'll take it any day over Texas temps! Enjoying the java right now, lazy start to the day and more leisurely sewing today. Plan on keeping it as low key as possible, as the rat race begins again on Wednesday! Hope everyone has a great day, Hugs and Blessings to all!

easyquilts
July 27th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Oh, gee... I couldn't get to sleep last night, so I feel awful.... Maybe another cuppa will help.

Today, I hope to quilt a baby quilt I made for my vet's new baby, and work on my Fancy Four Patch....

First, though, I need to get myself together... Oh, and I seem to have developed allergies.... This is not fun.

I generally love Mondays, because it's the beginning of a whole new week.... Another chance to do better....

Monique
July 27th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Good almost afternoon. Late getting here this morning. Off to the camp tomorrow so I had to go for last minute things this morning. I have to work this afternoon, it is the funeral for our mailman's wife. I am not attending, my boss is, hence the reason I am working. I am going to take the Frozen quilt with me and get the binding finished.

It is going to be a scorcher today.

Have a great day everyone.

JCY
July 27th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Good Morning! Just now sitting down at the laptop. Two loads of laundry done. Had DH (he hasn't driven the car for 7 yrs.) out for a fasting blood draw at 7:00, so he had a late breakfast. He usually eats at 6:15. Another sunny day. It was 101 yest. & will be another hot one today.

I had most of the afternoon yest. to sandwich the latest baby quilt. I tried that Charm Quilt that someone posted a link to recently. Quick & easy. I used Ellie Ann charms & white yardage I had on hand. Still deciding on how to quilt it. This a.m. I was looking through Angela Walters' book, SHAPE BY SHAPE, & practicing on my white board. I think I've come up with a plan. I made a sample block yest. so will practice on that sandwich first, making sure the tension is ok & I like the color of quilting thread. Making a sample block sandwich is something I do with every quilt. It takes a little extra time to make, but it's worth the effort.

I hope everyone has a good start to their week.

DH has a dental appt. at 2:30. A couple days ago he had a tooth break off at the corner. That same tooth has been repaired several times. Our dentist is retiring this week. I'm glad he was able to see him today. We'll sure miss our dentist--the best one we've ever had. Our PCP is getting close to retirement age, too. It's always hard to adjust to new health practitioners, esp. for DH who has so many chronic health problems & change is very difficult for him.

EnumclawGramma
July 27th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Hey all! If I make it in here before noon my time I think I'm doing fine. It's still morning here!
It rained off and on all weekend. Thunder showers. This is good because we've been having a long hot dry spell and this will really improve the air quality, maybe put a lil' green back in my front yard and make it so we can use our firepit before the summer ends.
I went to an awesome quilt show with my quilting mentor. What a time we had! It was so nice to have someone to go with me for a change. I have no other quilty friends here. By the time I got there, she had already perused all the vendors and made a trip to her car to drop off her first load of purchases! I also gave her a quilt to finish up. (She's also my LAQ'er!) I can't wait to get it back. She sent me a glowing email once she got it on the frame, she loved everything about it and told me she's call me when she was ready to give it up! Coming from her, this made my YEAR! She's been my inspiration and teacher and used to be my boss, and is also a bit of a surrogate Mama for me. Her quilting is fantabulous ;-) so yeah, I was touched by her email.

Off to vacuum and shop. Still no sunshine, but I'm not complainin'! Hugs and Prayers for all in need.....

MRoy
July 27th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Good afternoon! It's day 1 of week 2 of the grandkids' visit. We had a great time last week, lots of activities-fishing, boat rides, movies, car show, bike riding etc. Today the kids are out with their Papaw "working" for him to earn some money. I'm catching up on housework and doing some batch cooking...although the batch doesn't go as far with 4 people instead of 2.

Have a great week everyone.