PDA

View Full Version : How to Take in a Dress

Longstocking
July 26th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Can anyone point me to a good online tutorial on how to take in the bust of a dress? Downside of having zero cleavage is my dresses are frumpy up top. Thanks!

Hulamoon
July 26th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Go shopping!

RockinLou
July 27th, 2015, 12:18 AM
It will depend greatly upon on how it is constructed, does it have darts??

bhaggerty
July 27th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Can you send a pic of the dress
there are some cute easy ways depending on how the front of the dress is made

Longstocking
July 27th, 2015, 11:53 AM
(Sorry I can't get that picture to orient the right direction!) It does have darts. Looking at it, it doesn't seem too difficult to adjust but I'm not very confident in my seamstress abilities. I would love to go shopping but I would have the same problem with a new outfit :) especially after 4 kids my ribs and hips are bigger than the chest so everything fits fine bust line down and is too big in the cups. But, on the plus side, I don't have to wear a bra if I don't want to :lol: LOL
I'm hoping to wear this dress to a wedding in a couple weeks but I won't argue with shopping either - lol

toggpine
July 27th, 2015, 01:12 PM
PBS has a segment that runs on Saturdays here, it's called Fit 2 Stich. The hostess is Peggy Sagers and she does a good job of explaining how to make your garment fit right using darts and such. I just Binged it to make sure I had the right name and there are different segments to look at.

*Edit* Ok, so I thought there were segments to watch. It appears that there are only patterns and DVDs to order. Too bad. She has some good fit tips. I'd still try to track down the shows on PBS and record them so you can make a fit pattern for future reference. Although I do know that won't help with today's dress fit Issue.